Good article on Deaf Ed in UK

their strategy is working.... they are slowly corriding away our future deafie leaders. Fluent signers, the implant was just the perfect little "bionic" hook,
It was just another way for them to furthur their goal
Assimiltion
The end of sign
Its working....

Hochi, please stop fixtating on OMG the CI as the cause of the decline.... The problem isn't HAs or CIs, it's an audist and ableist mentality that's the problem! Meaning the problem is an Auditory Verbal " My child is pretty much "hearing" and doesn't "need" things like Sign, deaf schooling etc.......If you get rid of THAT mentality, and go with a " Dhh kids can and should benifit from a full toolbox approach" THEN CI, HA or BAHA ceases to be a THREAT!
I know parents of audilogically HOH kids who are raising them with ASL, and sending them to Deaf school or Deaf classes or deaf camp!

medical science advances all the time and need for CI proberly redundant 10years time

Hochi, please stop fixtating on OMG the CI as the cause of the decline.... The problem isn't HAs or CIs, it's an audist and ableist mentality that's the problem! Meaning the problem is an Auditory Verbal " My child is pretty much "hearing" and doesn't "need" things like Sign, deaf schooling etc.......If you get rid of THAT mentality, and go with a " Dhh kids can and should benifit from a full toolbox approach" THEN CI, HA or BAHA ceases to be a THREAT!
I know parents of audilogically HOH kids who are raising them with ASL, and sending them to Deaf school or Deaf classes or deaf camp!

Im not fixating. Ci is relevant to the srticle and obviously to what is happining. ive always stated the technology itself is not thr plm its the ideology thatvdrives it...thsts the fundemental plm. thst doesnt mean im going to ignore whats goin on re the technology.
Its been a desisive tool so fsr in the audist and oralast assault...
This srticle s a good example
This is the real world...
As for the tool box idea. Lets ask how much better do kids inplanted actually do compared to those not.?kids implanted and in mainstream as opposed to non implented kids in.deaf school...oroalsit approach to asl....how much better do they really do?
I know its not as the wonder tool its pushed to.be.

Im all for getting rid of the mentality of audism and oralism. And the myth of ci as a maricle cure. Now.you need to ask yourself where ci fits the agends of those pushing it? Along doen the Line. From the money makers, to the power hokders, to the oralaist. Ideas and schools, the entire audist construct....
Ci is just a piece of the wall...thats all...

if you adult then want have it maybe best thing ever done but maybe talk to people where it failed first.If it child I be reticent to have it done on them, on otherhand don't want deprive them if it going enrich life would have to talk to many deaf first,thankfully a situation I never be in

Im not fixating. Ci is relevant to the srticle and obviously to what is happining. ive always stated the technology itself is not thr plm its the ideology thatvdrives it...thsts the fundemental plm. thst doesnt mean im going to ignore whats goin on re the technology.
Its been a desisive tool so fsr in the audist and oralast assault...
This srticle s a good example
This is the real world...
As for the tool box idea. Lets ask how much better do kids inplanted actually do compared to those not.?kids implanted and in mainstream as opposed to non implented kids in.deaf school...oroalsit approach to asl....how much better do they really do?
I know its not as the wonder tool its pushed to.be.

Im all for getting rid of the mentality of audism and oralism. And the myth of ci as a maricle cure. Now.you need to ask yourself where ci fits the agends of those pushing it? Along doen the Line. From the money makers, to the power hokders, to the oralaist. Ideas and schools, the entire audist construct....
Ci is just a piece of the wall...thats all...

Um yes you are. You're blaming the CI for oralism! You are wrongly fixtating on CI as the root of all oralism/audism!
And yes I agree with you......People gush that their kid can TALK and the unspoken message is that will lead to global on par achievement, instead of realizing that there are many different pieces to the puzzle for success.

Um yes you are. You're blaming the CI for oralism! You are wrongly fixtating on CI as the root of all oralism/audism!
And yes I agree with you......People gush that their kid can TALK and the unspoken message is that will lead to global on par achievement, instead of realizing that there are many different pieces to the puzzle for success.

No im not. Im stating as pady ladd so elequently put it that "ci is oralasms final solution" . Its just a tool in their assault. given how much the press has loved the "bionic ear", even s front cover of nstionak geographic with a smikking inplsnted baby...ci is the best tool for their ends....as it llows them to srgue their postition even better, and get loads of loot for it...ci is not seperated by the conpnieswho hawk it, or the professionaks eho insist implsnted chikdren be kept away from deaf lest they revert back to bieng deaf...
Its part of the same ideology.....oralsim and audism pre date ci...ci is the god send.for.them....
And they mske no secreT about it.

Back