Good afternoon, All!

PitbullDaddy

Reaction score
My name is Steve. I am a 35 year old Manufacturing Engineer living in a suburb of Detroit, MI.

I started gradually losing my hearing at the age of 2-1/2 and received my first hearing aids at the age of 3. I have Bilateral Profound Sensorineural Hearing Loss.

Eight of my aunts and uncles were born completely deaf, and oddly I am the only one of all of my cousins that is hard of hearing. Furthermore, my family lives quite a distance away so I have no personal contact with the deaf community and I'd like to change that.

In the next couple of weeks, I will be starting a new job working for General Electric as a Director of Manufacturing Engineering after working at other companies as Director of Purchasing, Director of Program Management, and Director of Engineering.

I just recently purchased some new hearing aids (ReSound Vero), but I am just not liking them just yet. Cochlear Implants have been brought up as an option and will be discussed further in the next coming week.

Please feel free to contact me about anything. I hope to educate myself and to support and nurture others if possible.

Looking forward to this,
Steve

I understand that you are close to Michigan School for Deaf which is in Flint, MI. Have you sought them out yet?

Welcome!!

I understand that you are close to Michigan School for Deaf which is in Flint, MI. Have you sought them out yet?

Welcome!!

I actually am about an hour away from Flint, MI. I actually played against MSD in my High School years in Soccer, Basketball, etc.

I am trying to find a network or community a little closer to me so that there is a convenience factor of not having to drive too far after working long hours.

I figured AllDeaf.com would be a start. I can immerse myself online, wherever I am at.
:lol:

Oh, and pleased to meet you!

:wave: Hubby has Resounds. He's very technical, engineering/electronics background.

welcome-

Do you know ASL? Or have you used hearing aids the whole time?

:lol: Yes I have lots of spending ASL :) I am experience hearing aid of course I have wholes times life :) cheer I have lots of many times ASL times spending ;) I have research few LSQ and limit BSL few rare, I have lots of some time translate on language, good things effort :)

Hello everyone! My name is Ashli and I am a hearing ASL student and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in interviewing with me for a video I have to do for class.

good luck with the Versos :) and welcome to the site

Thanks, Sarfarigirl! It has been 8 years since I have had new hearing aids, so I am struggling a little with these Veros. I am hearing new things and I believe I am not hearing some things as well. I have a few more weeks to determine whether or not I should return them. :|

Do you know ASL? Or have you used hearing aids the whole time?

Good morning, Erika.

I do know enough ASL to get me by. Eight of my aunts and uncles were born completely deaf , but they across the state and I have no friends that are deaf or hard of hearing so I don't use my ASL at all. I could definitely improve and I am motivated to do so.

Oh, and yes, I have worn hearing aids pretty much my entire life.

:wave: Hubby has Resounds. He's very technical, engineering/electronics background.

welcome-

Good morning, Dogmom.

How does he like the Resounds? Any issues with them at all? My engineering background is more mechanical, but I take stabs at everything for the most part. I love learning new things.

Hello everyone! My name is Ashli and I am a hearing ASL student and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in interviewing with me for a video I have to do for class.

I might be interested, Ashli. How would the interview be conducted? Where are you located?

:)PBDaddy,

yeah he likes them very much, needs to get new ones probably next year. He's had them in for repairs on a few occasions and has been able to do some things for them himself, so they've lasted for long time, but odds are next year will be it.

meant to ask you - you have Pitties?:)

:)PBDaddy,

yeah he likes them very much, needs to get new ones probably next year. He's had them in for repairs on a few occasions and has been able to do some things for them himself, so they've lasted for long time, but odds are next year will be it.

meant to ask you - you have Pitties?:)

I picked the ReSound Verlros over the Oticon Chilis because the ReSounds had just come out a few years ago with some technological advancements. I am hoping I made the right choice. :shock:

As for the pitties, YES! I have two boys! Gravano is almost 5 years old and Luciano is coming up on 7 months. Love my boys!

The attached pic is Gravano.

Attachments

• Gravano 070812 001.jpg
    Gravano 070812 001.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
:) I do know he's got much use out of them and purposely chose them and the various technical aspects of them, cuz he is very technically inclined and has lots of various settings with them.

LOVE PITTIES...your pictured boy is gorgeous:D I live with my beloved Rottie girls and became more acquainted with Bullies when I started to volunteer at the animal shelter where I assist with training and do behavioral stuff with dogs. I work with Pitties all the time. I'm also involved w/Pittie and Rottie rescue

Thanks, Sarfarigirl! It has been 8 years since I have had new hearing aids, so I am struggling a little with these Veros. I am hearing new things and I believe I am not hearing some things as well. I have a few more weeks to determine whether or not I should return them. :|

you're welcome and btw there's a writer who's rocking those Verso!!! (might consider that on the list as I grow older)

Back