Good afternoon, All!

my skype name is erika.austin7 if you want to sign.... I am still learning as I was just told that my son is hard of hearing.

my skype name is erika.austin7 if you want to sign.... I am still learning as I was just told that my son is hard of hearing.

I am on Facebook and Twitter. Believe it or not, I have never used Skype. I might be willing to give it a shot though.

:) I do know he's got much use out of them and purposely chose them and the various technical aspects of them, cuz he is very technically inclined and has lots of various settings with them.

LOVE PITTIES...your pictured boy is gorgeous:D I live with my beloved Rottie girls and became more acquainted with Bullies when I started to volunteer at the animal shelter where I assist with training and do behavioral stuff with dogs. I work with Pitties all the time. I'm also involved w/Pittie and Rottie rescue

That is so cool. I love bully breeds! I rescued both of my boys as well. I got Gravano at 8 weeks old and Luciano at 12 weeks.

I do a lot of donating with several of the rescue groups in my area.

So I paid my ENT and audiologist a visit today. My audiologist is bringing in some Phonak Nidias for me to try out. She says that I might like them better than the ReSound Veros that I just got 2 weeks ago.

My ENT is suggesting that I get a cochlear implant in the upcoming months. Much to think about.

Hi! Welcome and I love that humorous post you made about single moms spilling milk just to get a break from the kids. :)

I grew up not knowing ASL until I was 25 years old....it has been 16 years and right now, I am an active ASL user and very involved with the Deaf community. For me to get where I am in the Deaf community, it took a lot of bumps my journey to the Deaf world.

Hi! Welcome and I love that humorous post you made about single moms spilling milk just to get a break from the kids. :)

I grew up not knowing ASL until I was 25 years old....it has been 16 years and right now, I am an active ASL user and very involved with the Deaf community. For me to get where I am in the Deaf community, it took a lot of bumps my journey to the Deaf world.

Ha! Thanks. I am sure there will be more posts where that came from. ;-)

Yeah, my aunts and uncles that were born deaf are all scattered throughout Michigan and New York. I have no hard of hearing or deaf friends so my ASL has suffered some atrophy; If you don't use it, you will lose it.

I am motivated though, and willing to take my share of bumps. :)

If you ever get to Grand Rapids, MI area, I can help you with ASL in person. The best luck with journey into ASL world. Enjoy!!!

Hello Steve (PitbullDaddy),
Welcome to AllDeaf forum. You are truly Gifted Engineer and sadly losing your
Hearing and pondering what best alternative solutions to find. Wish there is a
Miracle somewhere to better answer your question.
I personally don't suggest going for Cochlear Implant (CI).
The long run effect is ” totally brain damage” and it will be
Worse losing your Gifted Engineering intelligent and leave you with SCARS from the costly procedure
in your head.
My Advice just stay with Hearing Aids knowing you will lost your hearing at a later interval which is
genetic factor. Some of us on this forum have had similar experience and now proud of our
Deafness. You need to imbibe yourself in ASL and Deaf Culture to prepare you onto Deaf World
Afterall you have Uncles and Aunts who are Deaf. Goodluck buddy.

Back