Going a Hearing therapist for work

inmate23

Reaction score
I hoping to get a job in Hearing/Sighted world(as fulltime Batista jobs don't exist in the Deaf/blind world in New Zealand)

Does going to a Hearing therapist to work on my lipread make me a bad Deafblindie?

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Do what works for you - the only thing that would be "bad" is not doing something that might help solely because you're worried what strangers will think of your choices.

Do what's best for you and don't worry about anything else!

I hoping to get a job in Hearing/Sighted world(as fulltime Batista jobs don't exist in the Deaf/blind world in New Zealand)

Does going to a Hearing therapist to work on my lipread make me a bad Deafblindie?

Why would you care what other people think of you, especially a bunch of strangers? Are they paying your bills? Put yourself first and do what's best for yourself and everyone else's opinion be damned....

Laura

Why would you care what other people think of you, especially a bunch of strangers? Psych issues around having enough of an issue to part of the Deafblind world.I also days were I don't think I will AB world want me in it.

Are they paying your bills?No they are not

Put yourself first and do what's best for yourself Thanks for that

Laura

My answers in purple

My answers in purple

At the end of the day, the only people that matter are your family, not the AB world. So follow your heart and take support from those that know and love you. Best wishes,

Laura

My grandad paid for my hearing aids last night. my fitting appointment is on Friday will post a review in the hearing aid forum about how naidias help with (or don't ) APD . My hearing therapist is on Monday

My grandad paid for my hearing aids last night. my fitting appointment is on Friday will post a review in the hearing aid forum about how naidias help with (or don't ) APD . My hearing therapist is on Monday

What is a Hearing therapist? Not sure we have that in the States unless we call it something different.

I hope it's a positive experience, and very good of grand dad to pay by the way....:D

Laura

What is a Hearing therapist? Not sure we have that in the States unless we call it something different.

Hearing test
hearing aid
information and advice on living with hearing loss and tinnitus
Speechreading

basically an advisor for deaf adults
I hope it's a positive experience, and very good of grand dad to pay by the way....:D

Laura
I understand that I lucky to have grandparents who can pay for equipment

Well that sucked the fitting appointment ran 30 minutes over time and now the audi is sending everything back to phonak to get them to her for her

Hearing therapy-speech in quiet and lipreading gave me a killer headache

Back