God Versus Satan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is, Why hasn't God wipe us out yet, like he did during the Noak's time? Because Jesus was the one who died on the cross for us, God giving us a chance to turn around and do what's right. ;)

I'll give God a chance if you can prove to me that there is evidence a massive flood that filled the earth has occurred.

Should be easy to prove this, right?

Let's start citing those sources!

I'll give God a chance if you can prove to me that there is evidence a massive flood that filled the earth has occurred.

Should be easy to prove this, right?

Let's start citing those sources!

Sure, What about scientist that found physical evidence laid down in rocks and minerals? Much as fossils were found in the result within the Earth's crust during the time earth been abandoned? How did fossils of sea creatures end up on land and up in the mountains? Figured it out. The flood did actually occurred.

Thank you for citing sources that clearly shows evidence where...

..oh wait. :roll:

Let's try this again.

Thank you for citing sources that clearly shows evidence where...

..oh wait. :roll:

Let's try this again.

Sorry forgive me, In the bible, chapter six of Genesis

"Now the earth was [thoroughly] corrupt in God's sight, and the earth was filled [continually] with violence. And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth." (Genesis 6:1-12)

text of Genesis 6 speak for itself:

"And God said to Noah, 'I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth."

Another source: Evidence for the flood

The real life basis for Noah's Flood

Well it's very hard to believe in God.

The New Testament of the Bible is only made after Jesus came to the earth, some people don't believe that Jesus was a saviour, for example, Judaism, Islamic, and Muslim who don't believe in the New Testament of the Bible, only the Old Testament of the Bible.

Here's my proof, go grab your bible and open it, you will find there's two, Old and New Testament in just one bible. That's Christianity Bible (including its root like Mormons, Catholic, etc).

If you are not interest into Buddhism, don't continue reading the rest of this post.

Even I am Theravada Buddhism, I feel like Jesus is a foregin to me and is a believeable. Also there's God introduction to Buddhism, there's lot of Buddhist people believe into God and follow Buddha's guide and reading the Bible same time (which what I am doing right now). While I study about what Buddha taught, it help me to understand about living and suffer, how to let suffer go, and how to live in peace and joy, etc.

Anyway, I better shut my mouth about Buddhism, but it always help me while I want to believe into God.

"What you think, you become" - Siddhartha Guatama (Buddha)

Sorry forgive me, In the bible, chapter six of Genesis

"Now the earth was [thoroughly] corrupt in God's sight, and the earth was filled [continually] with violence. And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth." (Genesis 6:1-12)

text of Genesis 6 speak for itself:

"And God said to Noah, 'I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth."
The Flood? Covering the entire planet? It's a myth, it was originally based on the earlier Babylonian epic of Gilgamesh. [wiki link]

Think about it, the story of Noah's ark shouldn't even be in the bible. It's obviously just a product of syncretism. (Seriously, look at EVERY old religion's mythology. EVERY SINGLE ONE has a flood story!)

You've given me a link that doesn't even cite its own sources. There's not a single link that goes outside of that website, nor is there a single quote from a reputable scientist, archaeologist, and/or geologist. This guy is using nothing but opinions and scriptures from the bibles itself. (Some of his views are amusing to say at the least, good entertaining read)

This does not qualify as "damning" evidence.

Did you even READ this article? If you don't even want to read the article, at least read the sub-header. This is not supporting "Noah's Flood" itself and thus proving the existence of God, but rather the case of doing a study on the claims of numerous floods stories that have been told by ancient people (that predates Noah!) Seriously, read the sub-header and notice it says "filled the black sea" and notice that black sea is not "the world". And also notice the date. It goes back over 6,000 years ago, predating Genesis...

This is a good example of citing a source that contains information, references, citing its own sources, and letting the reader research the information in another article where the author originally used the materials from.
Problems with a Global Flood, 2nd edition

NEXT!

OH I forgot one more thing about Buddha, NEVER NEVER NEVER consider Buddha as "God". Buddha is only a teaching, period. Very very good teacher, the Buddha.

Well it's very hard to believe in God.

The New Testament of the Bible is only made after Jesus came to the earth, some people don't believe that Jesus was a saviour, for example, Judaism, Islamic, and Muslim who don't believe in the New Testament of the Bible, only the Old Testament of the Bible.

Here's my proof, go grab your bible and open it, you will find there's two, Old and New Testament in just one bible. That's Christianity Bible (including its root like Mormons, Catholic, etc).

If you are not interest into Buddhism, don't continue reading the rest of this post.

Even I am Theravada Buddhism, I feel like Jesus is a foregin to me and is a believeable. Also there's God introduction to Buddhism, there's lot of Buddhist people believe into God and follow Buddha's guide and reading the Bible same time (which what I am doing right now). While I study about what Buddha taught, it help me to understand about living and suffer, how to let suffer go, and how to live in peace and joy, etc.

Anyway, I better shut my mouth about Buddhism, but it always help me while I want to believe into God.

"What you think, you become" - Siddhartha Guatama (Buddha)
I agree with you.

In the Old Testament, God encouraged beatings and being stoned to death for small crimes. In the New Testament, God didn't encourage it.

So, which do we follow?

You're right about some religions following specific parts of the Bible.

It's like the Pope and the Vatican. As I said before, rumor has it that another book was found to contain stories of Jesus being married. The Church dismissed it and called her a whore instead.

OH I forgot one more thing about Buddha, NEVER NEVER NEVER consider Buddha as "God". Buddha is only a teaching, period. Very very good teacher, the Buddha.

What does "Buddha" have to do with this thread, This thread title is "God Versus Satan". If you want to talk about "Buddha" for all that means, go create a new thread and discuss about that religion. Again, You're going off-topic. ;)

Look on top of this forum it says: On-topic Debates Which means you must stay on topic for what the thread is titled about. ;)

What does "Buddha" have to do with this thread, This thread title is "God Versus Satan". If you want to talk about "Buddha" for all that means, go create a new thread and discuss about that religion. Again, You're going off-topic. ;)

Look on top of this forum it says: On-topic Debates Which means you must stay on topic for what the thread is titled about. ;)

I totally agree with you, Cheri! :roll:
And besides, Buddahs dont even worship God, they
worship their own god, an idol, so
you guys need to create a new thread on Buddahism
thread, ok? This thread is totally wrong for you guys.
Smile!

Ever watch The DaVinci Code?

That movie is not all historically accurate, The movie was based on a Novel book. while it might effect some religions but it does not effect Christian religions, It's only theories made by people to make that movie, people want to think there's something more than what the bible is really telling us, But, honestly it doesn't effect my faith. ;)

I don't get why some people are hell-bent on destroying the kind of spiritual life some people have chosen as their/our guide.

I'll continue to read this thread but I'm gonna be largely ignoring the put-downs because I see no sincerity coming from some people....

I don't get why some people are hell-bent on destroying the kind of spiritual life some people have chosen as their/our guide.

I'll continue to read this thread but I'm gonna be largely ignoring the put-downs because I see no sincerity coming from some people....

I apology if I was any way blunt with my responds to anyone. ;)

I begin to wonder, if that relate what Jesus is saying, and Paul, John and OT described what will happen near the end times. There are scientist and others trying to so call proofs to mislead many and drawing people away from faith in Christ and God knows when time comes when faith in Christ dwindling and may continue to do so as the "human's view" working soooo hard to bring people away from their faith and easily fall into fallable teaching. And when that point happens, where the end times will begin. How much longer that be? Noone knows, the "Ark" is about be ready.

I apology if I was any way blunt with my responds to anyone. ;)

Not a problem Cheri; I meant those who oppose Christianity; I just don't see them really caring when they cough, cough "debate" here; therefore; I understand how you get to the point of frustration....

Well, that is normal, bec remember how Jesus gone thru, how religious leaders and some people and one on the cross mocking Jesus? And Beatitude that Jesus mentioned about persecuting ( meaning mocking, timidating, even meaning throw in jail or executions), those who keep their faith thru these tough times been blessed.

Well, that is normal, bec remember how Jesus gone thru, how religious leaders and some people and one on the cross mocking Jesus? And Beatitude that Jesus mentioned about persecuting ( meaning mocking, timidating, even meaning throw in jail or executions), those who keep their faith thru these tough times been blessed.

Christlovedeaf, if you were responding to me, good point. All I can say is I am not as tough as Jesus was, lol! I just cannot see debating with people who obviously do not care about who/what is the central guide of your life. But good for you as you seem to be a good fisher of men....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back