Go Away Purple

There are only 5 VRS providers which makes it easier for you to try and check each one before port number with one of them.

Sorenson
Purple
ZVRS
Convo
CAAGVRS

Top of list being the largest and well established VRS provider down to the bottom that is in infancy stage.

Only top 2 provided stand alone Videophone, the rest is software based application.

This is pure personal opinion of mine. I stick with Sorenson, due to video quality. I have test several times and always end up seeing that Sorenson has the minimum issues with Video quality of all. Purple used to be suck with Video quality, and they have improved so far but has not matched Sorenson yet.

As for ZVRS, I don't like their business approach however there are few features that they offer was rather interesting and likeable.

I am not sure about CONVO, and I wouldn't bother CAAGVRS.

So, you DO have opportunity apply each VRS provider and get 10 digit local number from them temporarily and test each of them. Once you find one that fits your lifestyle and needs, then port your number with them. So, please do not take my personal opinion to make decision over who would be your next default VRS provider. So at least you have 5 to check out rather than 50 VRS providers back then (3 years ago), boy what an headache!

Thank you so much. This really helped me make a decision.

2nd ? can i have two different numbers permanently? Just in case of interpreting issue or call wait cant really wait

There are no regulation that bars you from having too many numbers. But the problem with having too many numbers is that it can be confusing.

Thank you so much. This really helped me make a decision.

2nd ? can i have two different numbers permanently? Just in case of interpreting issue or call wait cant really wait

This is pure personal opinion of mine. I stick with Sorenson, due to video quality. I have test several times and always end up seeing that Sorenson has the minimum issues with Video quality of all. Purple used to be suck with Video quality, and they have improved so far but has not matched Sorenson yet.

reason sorenson have their own video compression technolgy picture are very sharp and clear

they patent that technolgy

all other use standard video compression off the shelf

see if VRSENGINEER chime in if he is still works at ZVRS

also stick to post topic, you all AD'ers

reason sorenson have their own video compression technolgy picture are very sharp and clear

they patent that technolgy

all other use standard video compression off the shelf

see if VRSENGINEER chime in if he is still works at ZVRS

also stick to post topic, you all AD'ers

I worked for Sorenson Technical Support for 4.5 years and no, they didn't invent this said codec: they purchased from a third party who developed this codec for Sorenson VP. I can't remember the freaking name... Sorenson didn't patent this technology - they bought it. It's funny how Deaf people likes to steal other people's ideas and patent them. LOL! Sorry..

I worked for Sorenson Technical Support for 4.5 years and no, they didn't invent this said codec: they purchased from a third party who developed this codec for Sorenson VP. I can't remember the freaking name... Sorenson didn't patent this technology - they bought it. It's funny how Deaf people likes to steal other people's ideas and patent them. LOL! Sorry..

Read - Former Sorenson Companies Vice President of Communications Launches Integrated Public Relations and Marketing Firm with Impressive Roster of Clients | Business Wire

If you read the article, you will see this below .........

"The team continues to manage public relations for Sorenson Media, creator of the industry’s most widely deployed digital video codec"

Read - Former Sorenson Companies Vice President of Communications Launches Integrated Public Relations and Marketing Firm with Impressive Roster of Clients | Business Wire

If you read the article, you will see this below .........

"The team continues to manage public relations for Sorenson Media, creator of the industry’s most widely deployed digital video codec"

I am amazing he worked for 4.5 and not know this one.. how odd isn't that :iough: for 4.5 and still working, i would not want his help and not understand why he is still technical support.

really? go back and get that freaking name

Patents | Sorenson Communications®

http://download.sorensonmedia.com/360v2PressKit/Sorenson_Media_Milestones_0510.pdf
http://download.sorensonmedia.com/360v2PressKit/Sorenson_Media_Company_Profile_0510.pdf

excerpted

The Creation of Sorenson Media
Prior to the founding of Sorenson Media, high technology costs and bandwidth limitations prevented the widespread utilization and deployment of Internet video. James Lee Sorenson established the company in December 1995 to address market demand for rich online media content by developing innovative, cost-effective video encoding technology that significantly reduced bandwidth requirements while preserving the highest video quality. Originally called Sorenson Vision, the company developed technology licensed and ultimately acquired from Utah State University. The company first unveiled its “codec” (compression and decompression tool) at a developer’s preview at MacWorld in January 1997

Back