Glitching in Halo 2

Nusentinsaino

Reaction score
Bungie.net anounced that they are banning anyone who is cheating or using glitches, They have already banned tens of thousands.

Reading this month's Eletronic Gaming Monthly magazine Bungie stated that, "If you are cheating, Quit now. Firstly because we're politely and respectfully asking you to do so, and secondly because its very ofetn a terms of use violation that we can act upon by banning you"

The most effective form of cheating so far - Becoming both invisble and invincible by mucking with your modem is a bannable offense. Bungie says that they cant ban "minor bugs" such as snatching flags through walls or jumping on the warthog to snatch the flag through the ceiling in Colugaltion etc.

So you cheaters out there... Bugger off.

Nusentinsaino said:
Bungie.net anounced that they are banning anyone who is cheating or using glitches, They have already banned tens of thousands.

Reading this month's Eletronic Gaming Monthly magazine Bungie stated that, "If you are cheating, Quit now. Firstly because we're politely and respectfully asking you to do so, and secondly because its very ofetn a terms of use violation that we can act upon by banning you"

The most effective form of cheating so far - Becoming both invisble and invincible by mucking with your modem is a bannable offense. Bungie says that they cant ban "minor bugs" such as snatching flags through walls or jumping on the warthog to snatch the flag through the ceiling in Colugaltion etc.

So you cheaters out there... Bugger off.
How comes?? Because of modchip? or what?

What is glitches meaning??

They did not say anything about modchips so i wouldnt worry about it. Glitches are a common thing on online games which are mess-ups, capbable of cheating. Glicthes in Halo 2 are such as snatching flags through walls, squestering bombs, etc. The new update and patch which is coming soon will fix it up and tweak things up.

Glitches are minor problems throughout games and programs. Every game has it own bugs and glitches.

Sometimes, playing them online increases the chance of the glitches.

oh yes ! i forget to add this "cheaters in halo2 on xbox live" post two wks ago. i caught several cheaters stole the flags thur the floors in Coagulation. i was mad at these cheaters and chased them but they went away from my team quickly. it was unfair ! that was how my level was dropped to 7 from 9 in bungie.com's rank. i fought last several games and i gave up on xbox live for a while. i should dropped the games in past time when i saw the cheaters. that really hurted my level. now i move on and caught up to level 8. now i see why bungine.com is working on these problems.

thanks for sharing that info.

Lately, when I die... I've been falling through the floors in levels that doesn't have any pits. Literally. Must be a major glitch.

Since i saw this thread, i came back to read some posts in bungine's forum. they talk about those cheaters that standby in most of games that they never die in games. that made my memory brought back to me that i did remmy exactly what happened to those standby cheaters. As we played team slayer game in Colossus, i saw cheater and i tried to shot a cheater down but he just stoodby for a long time even he didnt die. then i threw grendes at him but he still stood and didnt die at all. man that drove me more mad as hell !

did you see that happened before ?

deafclimber said:
Since i saw this thread, i came back to read some posts in bungine's forum. they talk about those cheaters that standby in most of games that they never die in games. that made my memory brought back to me that i did remmy exactly what happened to those standby cheaters. As we played team slayer game in Colossus, i saw cheater and i tried to shot a cheater down but he just stoodby for a long time even he didnt die. then i threw grendes at him but he still stood and didnt die at all. man that drove me more mad as hell !

did you see that happened before ?

Yes, and many of these players had been suspended or banned.

Last night was the worst gaming experience I ever had. It was also the first time I had experienced lags on Xbox Live. Or was it really lags?

What happened last night was that some of the players disappeared, then re-appear in a different spot. At some points, if I was running in a hallway, I would suddenly be at a different spot in the hallway and I was like, how did I get there?

Bizarre glitches.

I've been thinking about getting Xbox live for awhile...of course, it's alittle pricy than I imagine but out of curiousty, do you REALLY have to connect your Xbox to your computer to play Xbox live or just put in a phone jack on your Xbox while playing it on your TV?

Steel said:
I've been thinking about getting Xbox live for awhile...of course, it's alittle pricy than I imagine but out of curiousty, do you REALLY have to connect your Xbox to your computer to play Xbox live or just put in a phone jack on your Xbox while playing it on your TV?

No, you don't need a computer. But I would suggest that you get a router. But it's not required. Well, I did manage to play Xbox Live at a friend's using DSL without having it being connected to the computer. So I would know.

I prefer cable though, better gaming experiences.

Steel said:
I've been thinking about getting Xbox live for awhile...of course, it's alittle pricy

It's not that expensive if you think about it. It's like paying around 4 to 4.50 dollars per month to play on Xbox Live if you get a 12-month subscription card.

I have DSL, but it's not in my room...we have lines connected from the DSL...something like LAN, you know? or the network connection, yeah that's more like it.

so the DSL is in my stepfather's office so I dont think he would like it if I snatch the DSL and install in my room...lol but thanks anyway, I'll find out more about Xbox live whenever I have time to buy it.

steel, you should get 12 months subscription of xbox live bec it is much cheaper like banjo said 4.5 per month. xbox live is worth to play.

Steel said:

Get it.

Pricy? Its 4 dollars a month, 50 dollars a year... compare that to PS2's PlayOnline which is 14 dollars a month.

Computers are not involved with Xbox Live, so you wouldnt need to "connect it to the computer". You need a cable wire or ethernet to do the job.

Banjo said:
Last night was the worst gaming experience I ever had. It was also the first time I had experienced lags on Xbox Live. Or was it really lags?

What happened last night was that some of the players disappeared, then re-appear in a different spot. At some points, if I was running in a hallway, I would suddenly be at a different spot in the hallway and I was like, how did I get there?

Bizarre glitches.

yea that happened to me for a couple of times. heh.

Yea, i had seen glitches tons time! Highest percents is high level player, like at least 13 bewteen 15 or high lvl. They alway use glitches all time. Im assumed that you dont know whats look like glitches... it have many, many to use glitch, like u can make clone any weapons, super jump, cant get kill, and many. My friends use many glitches, they get never ban, just got fews suspend like 1 or 3 for frist time. Thats after, then get another suspend for 1 or 2 weeks, then could get a month. Actually, Bungie is absolutely bull#hit that they would be ban to anyone who cheat. 2 of mine friends, use cheat modem known as standby from modem cable. When he use standby at matchmaking, bungie just kick him out as quit game instantly. Never ban him out. It will be work at Custom game only and never kick out or anything.

Otherwise about lagggy is tend to get lag is Big game! Because some player have problem high speed internet or any they have slow internet, due to have spywares on their computer, etc. Well, thats sucks.

ckfarbes, impossible for modded xbox to use XBL, they will banning when modded xbox start connection to XBL. It alway block all time. I have modded xbox and 2nd xbox (without modchip, still virgin!) ^_^

deafclimber, LOL! Yea, u can jump on the bashee or get warthog to park under the base, get stand on it, then jump and grab the flag. Yes, its bug. not glitches. U also can get weapon, thur the wall as such lockout, battle creek, etc. As speak of disappear and re appear spot. Thats known as laggy or cheat standby either. If u notice that same player often disappear and re apear different spot, u can report on them, click "feeback" then look down to click Cheat. thats it. Bungie will care of it. If didnt report then bunige wouldnt check it out. Thats why my friends use all glitches without report. ^_^

Guys, do u know why they get many bugs, and glitches, because Bungie's fault which is released too early. They should more hires for Game Testers, then it will be less or none have glitches. Thats why my friends stubborn to use glitches all time, never get ban period. I had seen them alltime anyway. I know how to prevent glitch any who player try to use, i can prevent that. Like, when u notice that player something werid and not right, then u can kill them before they can use glitch. If they are your teammate, let them. You can advantage of them to get win. ^_^

Also, there's a problem I have with some players on Halo 2. SMG weapons, these weapons cannot kill a person instantly, period. Yet, there are some high-level players who had managed to kill me with a single strike from a SMG weapon.

How is this possible?

Banjo said:
Also, there's a problem I have with some players on Halo 2. SMG weapons, these weapons cannot kill a person instantly, period. Yet, there are some high-level players who had managed to kill me with a single strike from a SMG weapon.

How is this possible?

Ah, SMG. Yes, yes, yes, SMG! When u use SMG and it have little hard to aim, u shoot and it will push u look up with aim. That's why some players suck @ SMG. Some of u need practice on aim for any weapon or SMG. Speak of SMG again, try to aim to upper chest bewteen head and will kill instantly. That's why guy killed u instantly. Or they use gerenade and SMG. When I play @ Founation, start out with suck SMGI so, I use all gerenade and throw em then shoot them kill instantly. Banjo, u played with us bfore and u seen me played around. Am I look like hard on u? U can try to use all any weapon, and keep move, jump, dodge, etc. Any skills will improve u and learn some new by urself or learn from somone. ^_^

*Guys, come and join us. You must see my game and will learn and improve skills too. Yes, fun too.

I'm okay with SMG weapons, I do get to kill a lot with these weapons. Level 7 here in team slayer as of now. Still working on my aiming with SMG.

Anyway, the biggest problem with cheaters is when you leave them bad feedbacks, they'll leave you bad feedbacks too!

Bastards.

Back