Girl, Age 9, Walks Into Police Station, Turns In Her Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
. . .
Think it through.
This kid turns her very own blood in....
It begs the question if she can turn her very own blood in, later how easly will she be to turn her own countrymen in, or very own country. Or who ever, she gave up her family over pot..
(Shakes head)
When a child doesn't feel safe, what is she supposed to do? Just put up with it because of "blood?"

What about her parents? They didn't care enough about protecting their "blood" from an unhealthy environment.

The girl didn't give up her family over pot; she wanted help. She's a child with limited options.

Once any idea of loyalty to famlly is tossed, she will be easy picking..its an ugly fallen world, i doubt this rat will stand a chance...

Its my opinion..
Anyway..
Nutshel
The loyalty to family was surrendered by the parents when they put their selfish pleasure above their child's need for a secure and healthy environment.

My opinion is I think it's disgusting when a man calls a child a rat.

When a child doesn't feel safe, what is she supposed to do? Just put up with it because of "blood?"

What about her parents? They didn't care enough about protecting their "blood" from an unhealthy environment.

The girl didn't give up her family over pot; she wanted help. She's a child with limited options.

The loyalty to family was surrendered by the parents when they put their selfish pleasure above their child's need for a secure and healthy environment.

My opinion is I think it's disgusting when a man calls a child a rat.

I agree that the child did nothing wrong , I really think that was a very brave thing she did . If more kids did this we might see less tragic stories on the news of a child abuse and neglect .
But like caz said the girl was very articulate so , the parents had to been doing something right , I agree the parents were very reckless about making meth in the house , and that undid any good parenting they may had done. And the girl is not a rat , she is a very strong minded girl and I bet she will go far in life.

IMO....any parent that does drugs...smoke pot...etc., in front of their minor children should be jailed.....and kids removed from the home.

I've known some parents that even admitted to smoking Pot with their minor kids....they think they are "cool"....Say what?

And to think that 1 member here thinks the little girl is a RAT!.....Unbelievable!!...know too, he thinks I'm a Rat for turning in my brother...a Heroin dealer and user....and the FBI were after him....

I'm glad I did...and would do it again....even if it were my son.

IMO....any parent that does drugs...smoke pot...etc., in front of their minor children should be jailed.....and kids removed from the home.

I've known some parents that even admitted to smoking Pot with their minor kids....they think they are "cool"....Say what?

And to think that 1 member here thinks the little girl is a RAT!.....Unbelievable!!...know too, he thinks I'm a Rat for turning in my brother...a Heroin dealer and user....and the FBI were after him....

So I guess that would had made me a rat for wanting to report my dad for driving drunk when a police took dad bribe so he wouldn't get a ticket.
I wanted to report the police too. I was so pissed off when we got home , I was a lot older than the girl and knew I would had been getting dad and the police in trouble but that police put our lives at risk letting a 70 yo man drive home loaded with his family with him. I was so glad to finally get out of that car ad have both parents still alive. No you were not a rat you were very brave to report your brother . My mom wouldn't let me report my dad and police .

Hoichi, the kid were sick and were seeking help, the parents would not help their daughter to get better. The child had no choice but to come to the police station for help. The girl is 9 years old and what were the parents doing getting high obviously not only marijuana, but meth too.

Meth is worse than marijuana, and for you to call that 9 years old a rat is really disturbing. An innocent 9 years old being sick and the parents were just getting high is inexcusable. Kids can get sick by overcoming with smoking, marijuana smell etc, what were the parents thinking?

There's no need to call out to say she is a rat just because the kid is sick. The kid did the right thing and I hope the parents seeks help they need if they want to have their daughter back.

They were making Meth. I am glad she told the police because Meth making is hazard to health.

Meth indeed is evil.

But according to the article,the first pqragraph anyway thats not the reason why the kid turned her very own blood in.

It was over pot.

No argument here re meth....

Hoichi, the kid were sick and were seeking help, the parents would not help their daughter to get better. The child had no choice but to come to the police station for help. The girl is 9 years old and what were the parents doing getting high obviously not only marijuana, but meth too.

Meth is worse than marijuana, and for you to call that 9 years old a rat is really disturbing. An innocent 9 years old being sick and the parents were just getting high is inexcusable. Kids can get sick by overcoming with smoking, marijuana smell etc, what were the parents thinking?

There's no need to call out to say she is a rat just because the kid is sick. The kid did the right thing and I hope the parents seeks help they need if they want to have their daughter back.

The child did it over pot.

If it was over meth, id have no issue really...meth is very very evil stuff.
But the parents were described as pot heads, and it was pot that the article portrayed as the motive for the child turning her parents in.

Which is really my issue.

Considering the push and drive for legalization, i think if that was the sole reason its a tragedy.

This also could be media spin and bad journalism. Given how much focus pot was given in.the article as opposed to meth

Meth indeed is evil.

But according to the article,the first pqragraph anyway thats not the reason why the kid turned her very own blood in.

It was over pot.

No argument here re meth....

So, you feel it's acceptable for the parents to smoke Pot in front of minor kids? Even as an adult, the smell of Pot (and I've smelled Crack too!)...stinks and makes me sick. It's not good Parenting at all.

How about booze? How about tobacco? How about valid proscriptions?

I've known some parents that even admitted to smoking Pot with their minor kids....they think they are "cool"....Say what?.

Ive known people like that too. As for me, i dont smoke pot in frontof any child, mine included.

And to think that 1 member here thinks the little girl is a RAT!.....Unbelievable!!...know too, he thinks I'm a Rat for turning in my brother...a Heroin dealer and user....and the FBI were after him.....

Its not unbelivible. Its keeping with what words actually mean. Look of the kid stole something id be calling the kid a theif, no plm using words in their right meaning. When you turn your very own in to the cops, the accepted meaning of the word rat i would use...i understand why some wish to chsnge language to change thought...fne..
But lets keep it real

Alright

So, you feel it's acceptable for the parents to smoke Pot in front of minor kids? Even as an adult, the smell of Pot (and I've smelled Crack too!)...stinks and makes me sick. It's not good Parenting at all.

It certainly iwnt good parenting.
But i prefer to accept parents freedom to.bring their kids up the way they wish, obviously in limits.

Pot to me is NO reason to give up your parents to the state
Shamefull really.
If that was indeed the reason.

Meth...i have no issues with them losing. Their child.

I do if its over pot

It certainly iwnt good parenting.
But i prefer to accept parents freedom to.bring their kids up the way they wish, obviously in limits.

Pot to me is NO reason to give up your parents to the state
Shamefull really.
If that was indeed the reason.

Meth...i have no issues with them losing. Their child.

I do if its over pot

Parents should have freedom to bring up their kids anyway they wish... Yet, you mentioned booze earlier... Many things negatively alter the parents ability to truly be a parent and keep their childern safe...

Parents should have freedom to bring up their kids anyway they wish... Yet, you mentioned booze earlier... Many things negatively alter the parents ability to truly be a parent and keep their childern safe...

I put within limits as indeed there are limits..
In anything...
Booz isnt one, on its own accord. neither is pot, nor tobacco...
Booze to some can be one, and for those individuals in which it is, help needs to be sought

I think in cases of drugs such as meth, junk, or crack, ect, the limits are obvious...
But save those evils....

Of which pot is NOT one.

Parents freedom to raise their kids aa they see fit...is a cornerstone to a free society
In my opinion

I can understand the legalization of pot.. on the other hand, the 9 year old girl is getting sick from the pot her parents were smoking. It's not ideal to smoke around kids because their immune is lower than adults. It takes time for kids's immune to develop when they get older.

Parents can not endanger their child health wise. If a child needs attention, it's a parent's responsibility to take care of them first and make changes.

The child did it over pot.

If it was over meth, id have no issue really...meth is very very evil stuff.
But the parents were described as pot heads, and it was pot that the article portrayed as the motive for the child turning her parents in.

Which is really my issue.

Considering the push and drive for legalization, i think if that was the sole reason its a tragedy.

This also could be media spin and bad journalism. Given how much focus pot was given in.the article as opposed to meth

Here are more details:

A Minnesota couple are waiting to hear if they will face criminal charges after their 9-year-old daughter went to a police station and turned them in for allegedly smoking, growing and selling pot.

She was clearly upset because she didn’t want to turn her parents in. But at the same time, she knew her parents did wrong,” Officer Ryan Beattie told ABC News.

The girl entered the Barnesville police station alone on June 8 and told Beattie that her parents had been growing pot and selling it too.

“She was very smart and very articulate,” the officer said. “It was almost like talking to an adult.”

“She gave some pretty specific information about things, like types of drug paraphernalia, that no young person ought to have knowledge about," Beattie said.

Beattie said the girl told police that her parents blew smoke into the family dog's mouth, which worried the girl.

"She was afraid that she would get sick. She was afraid that the dog would get sick," Beattie said.

When the police searched the girl’s home on June 24, they allegedly found seven marijuana plants, drug paraphernalia and a substance that field-tested positive for meth.

No charge has been filed yet, although Beattie said charges will likely be brought once the drug testing unit return results of evidence.

The child has been placed back at her home by social services.

“We have spoken with the parents,” Beattie said. “There is no sign of retaliation from her parents. Both of them understood they were wrong and showed remorse.”

“She seems to be well taken care of,” Beattie said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/girl-reveals-parents-pot-operation-minnesota-police/story?id=24510994

My state is trying to pass a law that made it illegal for parents to smoke in their car if they have their kids with them. Second hand smoke is harmful to people especially kids elderly and people with respiratory problem. When I was health aide we told not to wear any perfume or hair spray . Who know this little girl could have some kind of
respiratory problem that not being taken care of . No child is a RAT , anyone that call a child a rat is a jerk !

This happened almost a year and a half ago. Whatever happened to the family?

I can understand the legalization of pot.. on the other hand, the 9 year old girl is getting sick from the pot her parents were smoking. It's not ideal to smoke around kids because their immune is lower than adults. It takes time for kids's immune to develop when they get older.

Parents can not endanger their child health wise. If a child needs attention, it's a parent's responsibility to take care of them first and make changes.

We do not know it was the pot that was making the child sick. Given the medical evedence to date regarding pot, i think its highly unkikely pot was the cause of the child being "sick" how ever lossely that is defined.
Given meth was also bieng smoked and cooked on the premises, and given the extant medical documentatiin regarding the effects of meth, meth is certainly more thw cause in my opinion.

And given the current medical knowlege on both those drugs, im not alone in that statement.

Right.
The child turning her very own blood in was driven not by facts,but by fear.
Fear of this, fear of that. Dear the dog woud get sick,fear she would get sick
From pot.

Where did this fearcome from?
The child isnt naturally afraid, of a plant, someonw, prob state propoganda via school nurtered her fear,
Againt the current medical evedence regarding pot.

My state is trying to pass a law that made it illegal for parents to smoke in their car if they have their kids with them. Second hand smoke is harmful to people especially kids elderly and people with respiratory problem. When I was health aide we told not to wear any perfume or hair spray . Who know this little girl could have some kind of
respiratory problem that not being taken care of . No child is a RAT , anyone that call a child a rat is a jerk !

Which second hand smoke are you referring to being harmfull?

You do understand tobaco and pot are rather different plants with different chemicals, thus different second hand smoke.

How can no child be a rat?

Do you understand what rat even means?

If no child can ever be a rat, could a child ever be a hero?

What are you trying to state?

How can no child be a rat?

Do you understand what rat even means?

Do you??

Did you even read the age of this child? This child is trying to do the right thing.

You're unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back