Giraffe kisses dying man goodbye

I saw that on AOL and it was so sweet and sad. I really feel that hospitals
should families to bring a dying patient pet in to say goodbye too.

I was visiting my mom at her nursing home and Finlay was with me. A nurse came into my mom's room and asked me if I would let a patient see my dog.
I said "Yes" and went to the woman's room and when she saw my dog her eyes just lite up. We stayed for a few minutes and I told the woman the next time I came to see my mom I would stop by her room. I kept my promise but the woman had dies . :( Finlay was so good with the woman too he gave one his hug .

Whoops, I posted the wrong video. No closed captioning. Oh well.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that giraffe wasn't kissing anyone goodbye. I read an article that had more information from the zoo. The guy cleaned the aquariums and just liked the giraffes. The giraffe was just curious (not many hospital beds in zoos) and was checking everything out. Probably didn't even know the guy was dying, though giraffes do recognize when their own are dying.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that giraffe wasn't kissing anyone goodbye. I read an article that had more information from the zoo. The guy cleaned the aquariums and just liked the giraffes. The giraffe was just curious (not many hospital beds in zoos) and was checking everything out. Probably didn't even know the guy was dying, though giraffes do recognize when their own are dying.

So what....it happened it's not photoshopped. No one knows what the giraffe was thinking. If it gave this poor man some last minute happiness then who really cares. It's nice to see a sweet story once in awhile.

That bubble busting was not nice. I agree with Angel's comment. Its still a touching moment.

I totally disagree with you. I read of a cat that lived in a nursing home and the cat knew when a person was dying , the cat would jump on their bed and lie next to person. The cat was so good at knowing when someone was dying the nurse would call the family and tell them their love one dying and they should come in right away. Animals can sense death .

I totally disagree with you. I read of a cat that lived in a nursing home and the cat knew when a person was dying , the cat would jump on their bed and lie next to person. The cat was so good at knowing when someone was dying the nurse would call the family and tell them their love one dying and they should come in right away. Animals can sense death .

Cats and dogs, that have personal relationships with people, yes. There was no personal relationship between the man and that giraffe. A random cat you met one time wouldn't know you were dying, either. Also, giraffes are not domesticated animals. Ungulates do not generally form very close relationships with people like cats and dogs. Even horses, where people have close relationships with, do not have the same kind of bond that cats and dogs form. Hell, it's been shown that dogs don't actually love their owners the way that people think they do. A lot of what is going on is anthropomorphism, and that's just a natural human thing to do.

Cats and dogs, that have personal relationships with people, yes. There was no personal relationship between the man and that giraffe. A random cat you met one time wouldn't know you were dying, either. Also, giraffes are not domesticated animals. Ungulates do not generally form very close relationships with people like cats and dogs. Even horses, where people have close relationships with, do not have the same kind of bond that cats and dogs form. Hell, it's been shown that dogs don't actually love their owners the way that people think they do. A lot of what is going on is anthropomorphism, and that's just a natural human thing to do.

The giraffe would eat your nose. ;)

If it made the dying man happy for a few moments then that's all that matters.

If it made the dying man happy for a few moments then that's all that matters.

Yep. "Personal relationship" or not, I really think the giraffe knew there was something wrong with the man and reached out in its own way to make a sympathetic contact.

Hell, it's been shown that dogs don't actually love their owners the way that people think they do. A lot of what is going on is anthropomorphism, and that's just a natural human thing to do.

A really recent MRI study showed that dogs are actually experiencing those same emotions as humans, just like we always thought.

That they willingly give up their lives in our protection is proof enough that dogs are better than we are. ;)

I was outside in the backyard with Marty , he weight about 17 lbs. and a neighbor had a friend with a big dog visiting and Marty jumped up at dog hitting on his side to push the dog away from me. I told the owner of the other dog I had no idea my dog would do that and the guy said my dog is trying to protect me and there was no hard feeling . Marty is very protected of me when he see a big dog. I really think Marty needs eyeglasses so he can see just how big the other dog is!

Back