Giraffe kisses dying man goodbye

Maybe its not a dog, but the parrot we have at home, she is always very protectice of my mom. If she thinks someone is going to do something to her she gets all upset. We got to tell her to calm down. And when my mom was in the hospital Nai was very sad. And kept calling "mom".

Maybe its not a dog, but the parrot we have at home, she is always very protectice of my mom. If she thinks someone is going to do something to her she gets all upset. We got to tell her to calm down. And when my mom was in the hospital Nai was very sad. And kept calling "mom".

I read a story about a woman that had a parrot and the woman went away on vacation and when she got back her bird would nothing to do with her for few days . The woman was getting the cold shoulder from her bird and was in the 'birdhouse' . The bird finally forgave the woman and flew over to her and said "I love you" . Animals are a lot smarter than people realize.

I agree. Animals are very smart and they do form connections with their owners. My grandma has these two Oscar fish. They love it when my grandma pets them but any other person that puts their hand in tank (not including my mom or me) they lretty much try to bite the fingers off.

Cats and dogs, that have personal relationships with people, yes. There was no personal relationship between the man and that giraffe. A random cat you met one time wouldn't know you were dying, either. Also, giraffes are not domesticated animals. Ungulates do not generally form very close relationships with people like cats and dogs. Even horses, where people have close relationships with, do not have the same kind of bond that cats and dogs form. Hell, it's been shown that dogs don't actually love their owners the way that people think they do. A lot of what is going on is anthropomorphism, and that's just a natural human thing to do.

You're wrong , some cats in nursing home know when a radon person is dying. Animals can sense death , the body smell difference . Dolphins had been know to save people in the water and they're not domesticated animals. You can't made me chance my mind , I disagree with you.

All things bright and beautiful,
all creatures great and small,
all things wise and wonderful:
the Lord God made them all.

You're wrong , some cats in nursing home know when a radon person is dying. Animals can sense death , the body smell difference . Dolphins had been know to save people in the water and they're not domesticated animals. You can't made me chance my mind , I disagree with you.

The cats in nursing homes have relationships with those people. Giraffes are not dolphins.

I'll just tuck my graduate education in animal behavior back in my pocket and walk away.

The cats in nursing homes have relationships with those people. Giraffes are not dolphins.

I'll just tuck my graduate education in animal behavior back in my pocket and walk away.

Wrong again the cat I am talking about ONLY jumped onto a person bed and laid down when they where dying .

That is the wish of the man who have terminal cancer to be there so that he can say good bye to the giraffes. But one giraffe came close to him and give him a nudge or kiss. He was very happy that he had a chance to have the giraffe up close and personal with him. He love it. That is the wish he wanted. He definitely love animals especially the giraffes that he never got in touch as he was cleaning out enclosures in other animals' dens over the many years he had worked like about 25 years. To me, I thought the giraffe is showing curious but sensing that the man is sick so he was responding to him by doing that. The photo speak volume as profound with 1,000 words. I love it. Just want to say good bye to Mario. There is no cure for him. :(

Graduate education + zero social skills = lonely :ugh:

When I was in the hospital for 2 weeks, my doggie would not eat for about a week....she stayed by the doorway waiting for me to come home...My boys said it was so sad...and when I did come home, she was really MAD!...stuck her nose up at me...but after awhile, she came around and would not leave my side...Same as for my Cat....

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that giraffe wasn't kissing anyone goodbye. I read an article that had more information from the zoo. The guy cleaned the aquariums and just liked the giraffes. The giraffe was just curious (not many hospital beds in zoos) and was checking everything out. Probably didn't even know the guy was dying, though giraffes do recognize when their own are dying.

yup. these giraffes had to be "bribed" into coming closer to a dying man.

yup. these giraffes had to be "bribed" into coming closer to a dying man.

What the..?
Oh come on, giraffes have no pockets or even pouches to carry bribes around.

All things bright and beautiful,

all creatures great and small,

all things wise and wonderful:

the Lord God made them all.

That reminds me. I still haven't watched the DVD my daughter have me for Christmas.
ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1395963625.022915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Back