Getting Rid Of The Jungly Start Up Tune On Your Digital Has.

NaidaUP

Reaction score
I know there's been a lot of complaints about people who are used to analog HAs not enjoying the start up tune on digital hearing aids.

My audiologist has got rid of mine completely on my Phonak Sky Q70 UPs.

She did it by selecting the fitting formula for 0 to 3 years and then changing all the settings back to what I had originally. I now do not have a start up tune, my HAs just turn on.

I know there's been a lot of complaints about people who are used to analog HAs not enjoying the start up tune on digital hearing aids.

My audiologist has got rid of mine completely on my Phonak Sky Q70 UPs.

She did it by selecting the fitting formula for 0 to 3 years and then changing all the settings back to what I had originally. I now do not have a start up tune, my HAs just turn on.

I just sent a link and copy of what you wrote to the gal that I got my Q90 Nadia hearing aid from. We will see what she says about it over here in the States.

I'll admit that I actually like hearing it! However, it's nice to know if I ever come across someone who doesn't and I can tell them to look into it.

I wanted purple hearing aids the last time and my audi got me kids friendly hearing and they had a startup tone and I hated it and when I turned the volume up or down my HA would beep too. I had all the bells and whistles removed and only kept the beep for when my battery was going dead. It took me time to get use
to digital HA after wearing analog HA for so many years. I new a HA now and that took time getting use to too b/c everything sounds difference.

They are like miniature computers that tune is letting you know they are booting up.

They are like miniature computers that tune is letting you know they are booting up.

interesting, like glasses that lets you kow they are working when you put them on..
mmmm

Even tho you are changing the settings back to what you had originally including the fitting formula. Making sure the 0-3 is still showing stops all the beeps completely.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    651.6 KB · Views: 8
I actually quite like - especially with my recent glue ear, I could measure it against how many of the tones I could hear. But I'm glad there's a solution for those who don't.

I actually quite like - especially with my recent glue ear, I could measure it against how many of the tones I could hear. But I'm glad there's a solution for those who don't.
What is glue ear?

we will soon find out, i wonder if they can stick a fork in it?
both?

danger of electrocution...

never knew about glue ear before...

almost like fly tape...

never knew about glue ear before...

almost like fly tape...

Glue ear can really do a number on the person who has it and goes undiagnosed in a lot of people and by the time it's found the damage is done. My neighbors son had it in only one ear and went undiagnosed for enough time for the bacteria present in the mucus to ear the bones in his middle ear. He now has a conductive loss of 60dB in that ear and surgery can't fix the damage because there has to be bone to anchor the prosthesis to and his are basically gone.

Glue ear can really do a number on the person who has it and goes undiagnosed in a lot of people and by the time it's found the damage is done. My neighbors son had it in only one ear and went undiagnosed for enough time for the bacteria present in the mucus to ear the bones in his middle ear. He now has a conductive loss of 60dB in that ear and surgery can't fix the damage because there has to be bone to anchor the prosthesis to and his are basically gone.

I wonder if there is anything else that does this... it sound similar to what happened to me...

I wonder if there is anything else that does this... it sound similar to what happened to me...
There are other middle ear infections beside Glue Ear that can do similar damage to the middle ear.

There are other middle ear infections beside Glue Ear that can do similar damage to the middle ear.

Cool... no clue what mind was... doctor just said chronic ear untreated infections been passively looking for answers but not a biggie... just sucked going through... heart goes out to anyone going through that or something similar. ..

Back