German Court Slaps Naked Jogger with Fine

Nancy

Reaction score
German Court Slaps Naked Jogger with Fine

Fri Jul 2, 2:36 PM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German sex therapist who enjoys jogging naked through the Black Forest lost a legal challenge against a 600-euro ($750) fine for his hobby on Friday.

The regional court of appeal in Karlsruhe upheld a lower court conviction for public indecency against Dr. Peter Niehenke, a 55-year-old psychologist who police have repeatedly arrested near his Freiburg home for jogging in the nude.

Niehenke, who wears only running shoes and socks, has argued in court there are no laws specifically banning his hobby -- but to no avail.

"The court does not support the defendant's view that running naked in public is one of his civil rights," the court said in its ruling.

But it did note that public opinion on nudity was changing, and that naked sunbathing was no longer considered a violation of public order.

Nowadays' justice and government are so close minded -- they obviously have forgotten that in the old, old, OLD days -- people walked around half naked and lived in caves. No objections on the varying degrees of nakedness. :roll:

everybody has the right to walk nude - we all are human beings. nobody should feel offensed.

Well, for myself, I don't blame them for given nude jogger a fine because if my boyfriend was driving and seeing a nude woman jogging along the side of road, I wouldn't want him to turn his cheeks and drooling over that nude woman and cause us to get into an accident....Maybe they did that for saftey reason....

Mod Note:

To whoever thinks his/her post was deleted, please PM me. Thanks.

Back