George Bush cancels Switzerland trip over fears of being arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeafCaroline

Reaction score
Former U.S. President George W. Bush has cancelled a visit to Switzerland over fears he could have been arrested on torture charges.
Mr Bush was due to be the keynote speaker at a Jewish charity gala in Geneva on February 12.
But pressure has been building on the Swiss government to arrest him and open a criminal investigation if he enters the country.
Criminal complaints against Mr Bush alleging torture have been lodged in Geneva, court officials said.

Read more: George W. Bush cancels Switzerland visit over fears of arrest on torture charges | Mail Online

It's sad that people feel that way about him. I personally like the man and feel that he was a decent, no I'd say a good president. I'm not saying he was the best or perfect, just good for me. That would be an awkward situation to be placed in and not good for the U.S.. I'm not going to get into the complexity of torture here but I think what he did was right.

Bush belongs in prison with his buddies.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

And the banksters.

It's sad that people feel that way about him. I personally like the man and feel that he was a decent, no I'd say a good president. I'm not saying he was the best or perfect, just good for me. That would be an awkward situation to be placed in and not good for the U.S.. I'm not going to get into the complexity of torture here but I think what he did was right.

It may be true about him but you gotta realize nobody care for or admire Mr. Bush because... well, everyone really hate him. Everyone.

You do know Switzerland helped the Nazis hide gold stolen from murdered and tortured Jews right?

Collaborating hypocrites :roll:
Switzerland is famous for helping all kinds of people hide gold and money. They don''t discriminate based on political leanings. "Have cash, we'll help stash"" is their motto.

It may be true about him but you gotta realize nobody care for or admire Mr. Bush because... well, everyone really hate him. Everyone.
Everyone? Did you take a poll of everyone?

Hate is a very strong word.

I doubt very much that "everyone" hates him.

Her vocab may be diff to yours...its a figure of speech, Karissamann is old enough to speak for herself, and yes Bush is UNPOPULAR, --and she's Right everyone 'hates' him, for all the damages he did, and rightly so he should be afraid damn chickenshit he is, he needs to face the music. She was meaning that he's such an ass..adding to this, everyone knows this too!...

Some, many, yes. Everyone? Nah. But he has a big heart, tho'.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TiGYDvc4lU]Wounded Warriors & President Bush (July 4th, 2011) - YouTube[/ame]

his rating says so. the lowest one.

Why is it sad? This guy has more illegitimate blood on his hands than any other American president since LBJ. What is sad is that there are people who will forget about the atrocious crimes (the full scope of which has yet to be revealed) this man and his cronies perpetuated against humanity just because they find him to be a "likeable" guy.

Trust me, bush will go down as one of the worst presidents ever. History will not be kind to him.

A zero rating?

Does that mean everyone hates him?

Any phrase that starts with "everyone hates . . ." is a dogmatic construction and usually a fallacy. It should be apparent that it can't be taken at face value. At the same time, it still implies that there is a very strong dislike for the Bush. He is still very very unpopular in the world, and even here in America. This is an undeniable reality. I'm fairly certain you understood this, but you just want to quibble over semantics.

Any phrase that starts with "everyone hates . . ." is a dogmatic construction and usually a fallacy. It should be apparent that it can't be taken at face value. At the same time, it still implies that there is a very strong dislike for the Bush. He is still very very unpopular in the world, and even here in America. This is an undeniable reality. I'm fairly certain you understood this, but you just want to quibble over semantics.
I just want to point out that it's obvious not everyone hates Bush. Not even close.

I just want to point out that it's obvious not everyone hates Bush. Not even close.

it's not meant to be taken too literally...

Define "close." 99%? 90% 85%?

Although that's probably a moot point because I'm going to have to agree with you, and here's why: a majority of the world's population is most likely ignorant on all issues pertaining to George Bush. Many probably do not even know he exists or what his role on the world stage was. So, if we are including the ignorant, you're very much correct.

However, if we make it an "out of eligible voters" sort of thing, then I'd have to wager that an overwhelming majority of people in the world that keep abreast of such matters would be found to despise Bush. There is of course no way to really gather or tabulate this information, but I would wager it hovers in the 80% range.

I agree with TWA!! it would hover over 80% easy....even 75% is abit 'low' for probable counts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back