General rule in this section

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a wonderful idea! Let them have their own forum please. I was one of their "child" until I realized the truth so just let them figure it out on their own like my parents did. i was exactly like one of those people who were birthed by CI and even promoted by it:)

Believe me, CI only wanted what was best for me, I was even in their newspapers. I was one of the oldest subjects of CI, older than Rick's. I wanted to be able to hear on the phone and all. And I did. My name is probably still in there. If Ci has any problems with me, please contact me, I'd love to explain why. I've always been a social experiment since birth anyway.

Now, I just want to be deaf. it's only the stages that people have to be more respectful about. Things do change. I was oral, I loved being able to hear. Now I just want to hear nothing. It was meant to be for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
But what if parents want feedback from adult CI users?

Dear Members,

We have created a new sub-forum in the Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants section titled: Parents of Deaf Children with CI's.

A few things about this new forum.

-Only parents who are considering CI for their children are allowed to post in this forum.

-Only parents who are parents of Deaf children with CI's can post in this forum.

Also, if parents of Deaf children go elsewhere on the board and flame and troll this will be a ban. Likewise, for any one who is not a parent seeking CI for their child.

This doesn't mean that you cannot talk in other forums about your child, BUT THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE YOU MAY TALK ABOUT CI.

We are hoping this brings a little peace. People may still post in the CI section about questions and whatever else you want to talk about regarding CI but we will not have people claiming they are right and others are wrong regarding this anymore.

AD is a place people come to learn, and ask for advice, it shouldn't be so hostile.

If you have any questions please ask.

CBE and the rest of the Mod team.

How about a sub-forum on implantable hearing aids? Since they do not work like a regular hearing aid would work anyway and certainly not anything like a CI, either. I'm sure over time this might become a common thing to see like CI.

^^^Wow... Jiro, you're amazing! :D

We have to remind people about the rules in here:

attachment.php

The rules: there to be no non-CI parents/guardians posting in here according to the outlines when this section was created. If your child does not have a CI, you should not be posting at all unless you have made a disclaimer in each thread you participate in saying "I do not have a child with a CI, but..."

Please try to refrain from participating in the section unless there is something you feel you cannot hold yourself from commenting on, or if your child has a CI, or if you are planning to get one for the child. Each individual staff responding to a situation will decide which posts remain and which will be removed upon reading those post(s). Usually these posts are reported, complained, or seen from our own browsing.

For now, I have decided we will let old posts up to this point slide because this section is still considerably new, but future posts we will have to take action.

Take note that if your post are removed, there is nothing against you personally; it is the way rules are written and they are expected to be followed by us.

Attachments

• parents-deaf-children-ci.png
    parents-deaf-children-ci.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back