Gang Members Thretening to "Shoot White Children"

rockin'robin

Reaction score
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —
Several parents of students at First Coast High School are sharing a Facebook post that has them scared for their children's safety. Some parents tell Action News they will keep their kids home for the last week of school.

“She's scared, she's scared,” said Bridget Vannoy.

Vannoy said her daughter informed her that gang members at her school are threatening to shoot white children.

“Very disturbing. I've decided not to let my daughter go to school next week because of this," she said. "Don't know whether it's a sick prank or...it's true whether it's rumors that kids have made up."

This information was so disturbing to Vannoy, she wrote a post about it on Facebook. It’s now been shared by many parents who said they’re afraid to send their kids to school.

Action News took their concerns to Superintendent Dr. Nikolai Vitti.

“We are aware," said Vitti. "As I said earlier, there's quite a few threats and they happen daily, not just at the end of the year, and every time we learn something like that we take a proactive approach."

Vitti said their approach includes ramping up security and personnel at the schools, which he said they're already doing – and this week they say they are keeping an extra eye out and their ears open.

But - parents like Vannoy said they aren’t taking any chances.

“I feel that, my daughter, her well-being is in my hands and I am ultimately the decision-maker and for my child to be safe I’ve elected for her to be home next week,’" said Vannoy.

The school year ends on June 5.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...ol-officials-react-alleged-threats-aga/nmRp3/

Why is this not being treated as a hate crime . Threats against a group because of their race! If white students made the same threat against black students it would be front page national news and be treated as hate crime.

Exactly!...I'm so relieved that my last son graduated from high school last year. All 3 of my boys went thru a lot during high school years....So many gangs in school! And every year, the last week of school, so many fights....the kids don't care because the grades are already in and they can't change them and expelling them for the last week? They don't care.

I would also keep my kids out of school if such threats were made like this. And for the school to just say "well, we're aware of it"...just don't cut it! Any gang member should be expelled pronto...and never be allowed into a public school again. We have a lot of gangs here in Duval County, and just recently, the Police have been videoing gang members and their tattoos, which will make them more identifiable....

Why is this not being treated as a hate crime . Threats against a group because of their race! If white students made the same threat against black students it would be front page national news and be treated as hate crime.

That is a good question !

Shoot all gang members to death so no prison room for them.

Social media threats prompt extra security measures at First Coast High

DUVAL COUNTY, Fla. — Extra security measures are being taken Monday morning across the Duval County School District and specifically at First Coast High School.

First Coast High School has seen a recent wave of violence and threats of gang activity

.A recent Facebook post that has been shared by First Coast students and parents said gangs will be coming into the school this week to recruit new members and shoot all the white kids they come across.

Students reportedly have heard the threats inside the halls, and the school district isn't taking them lightly.

If you have a child, friend or know anyone that goes to FIRST COAST HIGH SCHOOL you need to be aware of this THREAT

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...ty-measures-first-coast-high-following/nmSBD/

Back