GA illegal immigration bill ruins crops

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
Interesting article:

"After enacting House Bill 87, a law designed to drive illegal immigrants out of Georgia, state officials appear shocked to discover that HB 87 is, well, driving a lot of illegal immigrants out of Georgia.

It might be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

Thanks to the resulting labor shortage, Georgia farmers have been forced to leave millions of dollars’ worth of blueberries, onions, melons and other crops unharvested and rotting in the fields. It has also put state officials into something of a panic at the damage they’ve done to Georgia’s largest industry."

Ga’s farm-labor crisis playing out as planned | Jay Bookman

:laugh2: everything will be ok..... Sounds like the bill was an instant success!

As we say down south, that article is a bunch of hogwash. Previously unemployed Georgian's are now finding jobs in agriculture thanks to that bill.

That would be "legal Americans" who are now employed. Don't step in the BS. Crop harvesting is rife with damaged crops, every year. Nothing to see here ....
Passing law will perhaps force the issue to be address. The argument that we need illegal migrants for this work is false. The employers only hire illegal immigrants because they are cheaper. They are also more likely to be abused.

At one time the left would be for workers rights to protect wages and protect against abuse but now they are more concerned about trying to get Latino votes than protecting worker rights.

Also note making them citizens doesn’t help because they Latino unemployment is higher running currently at 11.9%.
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

LOL! I'm sorry but you think whites will work for cheap labor? nope.

We'll pay more.

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - D A King Pro law Americans turning tide on immigration

The Marietta Daily Journal - D A King Pro law Americans turning tide on immigration

"A recent survey of Georgia farmers requested by the governor revealed that only 5 percent had used the legal method to obtain farm help. They have been using the illegals because they could."

:eek3:

Like I said, any white people willin' to work on a farm as cheap as illegals?

oh sorry, I mean legal Americans...

"A recent survey of Georgia farmers requested by the governor revealed that only 5 percent had used the legal method to obtain farm help. They have been using the illegals because they could."

Are you assuming this is a racist issue are do you think displaced American workers is a joke?

They will if we cut off their unemployment.... :)

US immigrant law is EPIC FAIL, even GA, AZ, AL, SC passed like that way.

I'm not impressed at all.

Even, surprisely, I'm favor immigrants to work in agriculture, regardless on their status, legal or illegal.

LOL! I'm sorry but you think whites will work for cheap labor? nope.

We'll pay more.

Obviously, not just whites but rest of Americans won't get job in agriculture unless they accept to live on very low paying, too way below the federal minimum wage.

Obviously, not just whites but rest of Americans won't get job in agriculture unless they accept to live on very low paying, too way below the federal minimum wage.

$8/hr is above minimum wage...

US immigrant law is EPIC FAIL, even GA, AZ, AL, SC passed like that way.

I'm not impressed at all.

Even, surprisely, I'm favor immigrants to work in agriculture, regardless on their status, legal or illegal.

GA wanted to rid the state of illegals.... If this blog is correct illegals have fled GA. Thus EPIC Success! Doing the right thing isn't always the easiest path.

GA wanted to rid the state of illegals.... If this blog is correct illegals have fled GA. Thus EPIC Success! Doing the right thing isn't always the easiest path.

I found this is silly.

Still not impressed.

Hah, I knew this would happen. Now we must face the truth: we simply don't pay agriculture workers enough to entice people into doing backbreaking work. Believe me, harvesting crops is tough work, and minimum wage doesn't cut it. Thanks to the immigration bill, watch the price of food skyrocket, and listen to all the whining that will follow. :cool2:

Hah, I knew this would happen. Now we must face the truth: we simply don't pay agriculture workers enough to entice people into doing backbreaking work. Believe me, harvesting crops is tough work, and minimum wage doesn't cut it. Thanks to the immigration bill, watch the price of food skyrocket, and listen to all the whining that will follow. :cool2:

Shall we consider this an epic success or EPIC FAIL?

I am all for making sure employers are not hiring illegal immigrants. Seems like it's a success for scaring illegals away. Looks like it is working here in Alabama too. It's also a good start to see if Americans can step up to the challenge for labor jobs for low pay. There is this big assumption that top people at companies have a high profit due to the low pay for illegal immigrants, so when Americans work at a higher rate, the top people will have to give up some of their profits to keep the company up. Let's hope that assumption is right........ otherwise.. we will see a lot of companies go downhill.

I'm really curious to see how this goes. It's sort of like an experiment to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back