GA illegal immigration bill ruins crops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am all for making sure employers are not hiring illegal immigrants. Seems like it's a success for scaring illegals away. Looks like it is working here in Alabama too. It's also a good start to see if Americans can step up to the challenge for labor jobs for low pay. There is this big assumption that top people at companies have a high profit due to the low pay for illegal immigrants, so when Americans work at a higher rate, the top people will have to give up some of their profits to keep the company up. Let's hope that assumption is right........ otherwise.. we will see a lot of companies go downhill.

I'm really curious to see how this goes. It's sort of like an experiment to me.

I'm good with E-Verify for non-agriculture jobs, especially service and manufacturing but for agriculture, I don't care if they are flooded with illegal immigrants at low wage.

I'm good with E-Verify for non-agriculture jobs, especially service and manufacturing but for agriculture, I don't care if they are flooded with illegal immigrants at low wage.

How come you are all for it for non-agriculture jobs but not for agriculture jobs? What makes it different?

How come you are all for it for non-agriculture jobs but not for agriculture jobs? What makes it different?

because not many Americans want to work at agriculture due to very low paying, unless they are in management or higher level then it is ok.

So, you are in favor of slavery?

They got room and board. The majority of slaves were treated much better than the migrant workers of today are treated.

:roll:

Yes, having no control over any aspect of your life is the good life.

:roll:

Yes, having no control over any aspect of your life is the good life.

Well, illegal aliens had a choice of breaking the law, or not. What choice did they make?

Seems they had a little control over their actions.

Well, illegal aliens had a choice of breaking the law, or not. What choice did they make?

Seems they had a little control over their actions.

You were saying that slaves had a good life due to having "room and board". But you're right, they broke the law, so we may as well just enslave illegal aliens. That way, we don't even have to pay them meager wages!

You were saying that slaves had a good life due to having "room and board". But you're right, they broke the law, so we may as well just enslave illegal aliens. That way, we don't even have to pay them meager wages!

Then you misunderstood me. I said they got "paid" by having room and board provided. In many cases, what we call "medical bills" were also paid.

I in no way implied that they had a "good life" - that was your implication, not mine.

My implication was that slaves were treated better than many of the illegal migrant workers of today.

Read up on the Fair Labaor Standard Act sometime.

The businesses that hire illegals are comparable to slave drivers.

Migrant workers also have a place to live. and last I heard, migrant workers didn't get abducted from their homes, dragged across the sea painfully bound in chains, unable to move except to roll over, lying in their own puke, feces and urine, resulting in killing half of the slaves on board, then end up in a foreign country where they had less rights than livestock, they got whipped, beaten, killed, raped, lynched, segregated, their children taken from them and sold to other people, their very lives threatened by their own masters and overseers on a daily basis, the list goes on and on and on. And you say they had it better than migrant workers today? Seriously? you tell me to brush up on the Labour Standard Act, there was no Labour Standard Act for slaves but I majored in History in University and am fairly well versed in the history of slavery in America. I'm just stunned that you, as an American don't know all of this already and is actually claiming slaves were treated better than many migrant workers today. I mean, what??

Taken from FB....

According to McCain the Mexicans are fire bugs and started the fires in AZ. They also are the ones who stole Christmas and were the second shooter on the grassy knoll.

because not many Americans want to work at agriculture due to very low paying, unless they are in management or higher level then it is ok.

I can tell you right now that there are over 1000 legal immigrants here in our area who are working in fields daily harvesting fresh vegetables and fruit. They get paid around $8-$10 an hour and work 10 hour days. All of these people can show proper papers and proof that they are allowed to be here. There are also over 1000 legal Americans working the same fields and making the same money. Want in on a secret? A lot of them are also the homeless people we used to see on the road sides. They now have viable jobs and a place to live.

Yea, I would rather our homeless Americans get jobs working in the fields then be jobless and on the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back