Fun weekend

sonocativo

Reaction score
My son ranked up from Tiger Cub to Wolf in Scouts Saturday. Then we went out for an early Mothers Day dinner, then went to the Scout Shop to buy some camp gear.
Today we did a little more shopping and another combination Mothers Day and Birthday dinner.

That's nice and great job, I wanted to join the Boy Scouts when I went to deaf school in 2000, but their chapter collapsed in same year because no one want to join, however Girl Scouts are still very active and strong.

Hey Sono, were you a Scout before? I Was Eagle Scout Troop 774 or 744... in Biloxi Ms.

Hey Sono, were you a Scout before? I Was Eagle Scout Troop 774 or 744... in Biloxi Ms.
Eagle Scout but don't remember what Troop..ect.. I went to the Council and they apparently don't have any records of me from that far back??? My friends dad was our Den Leader and they have all disappeared since, moved away and fell off the face of the flat earth...lol

Eagle Scout but don't remember what Troop..ect.. I went to the Council and they apparently don't have any records of me from that far back??? My friends dad was our Den Leader and they have all disappeared since, moved away and fell off the face of the flat earth...lol
Same here. But some things stick, such as saying really fast "A scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent." :)
(I think. Lol)

Last edited:
Same here. But some things stick, such as saying really fast "A scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent." :)
(I think. Lol)
I have the Scout coin, but still haven't memorized the oath....lol

Your son is cute. Congrats on his rank. My nephew just completed cubs with his highest rank and arrow of light. He is not sure he will continue the program.

Your son is cute. Congrats on his rank. My nephew just completed cubs with his highest rank and arrow of light. He is not sure he will continue the program.
That would be crossing over from Weblos into Boys Scouts ( Arrow of Light ) Some don't continue as school and life sets in, just depends on how much time they have for additional activities. We started out with 12 cubs and now only have 1 in our Den ( just our son ) most didn't have time for homework or for whatever reason. It can also be the parents fault for lack of time to contribute to scouts ( including costs )

That would be crossing over from Weblos into Boys Scouts ( Arrow of Light ) Some don't continue as school and life sets in, just depends on how much time they have for additional activities. We started out with 12 cubs and now only have 1 in our Den ( just our son ) most didn't have time for homework or for whatever reason. It can also be the parents fault for lack of time to contribute to scouts ( including costs )

Yep, it's common. One of my brothers was in Boys Scouts for a while. When he turned 15 years old, his interest changed when he started to work at a grocery store after school, and work on cars and planes instead.

My nephew has some trouble staying interested in Boys Scouts. His mother thinks his leader doesn't take his job seriously, and doesn't show up sometimes for activities. But she will support her son's decision. He has other interests like firearms and riding horses.

My husband is a Eagle Scout.

Yep, it's common. One of my brothers was in Boys Scouts for a while. When he turned 15 years old, his interest changed when he started to work at a grocery store after school, and work on cars and planes instead.

My nephew has some trouble staying interested in Boys Scouts. His mother thinks his leader doesn't take his job seriously, and doesn't show up sometimes for activities. But she will support her son's decision. He has other interests like firearms and riding horses.

My husband is a Eagle Scout.

We have a shitty leader and plan to join a different Troop, Summer camp will start next month and instead of being a walk around parent My wife and I will be hosting a field activity this year for a week. There are a few other camp outtings through scouts I have to work my son and I trips around this summer, so... gonna be busy with camping and fishing

We have a shitty leader and plan to join a different Troop, Summer camp will start next month and instead of being a walk around parent My wife and I will be hosting a field activity this year for a week. There are a few other camp outtings through scouts I have to work my son and I trips around this summer, so... gonna be busy with camping and fishing

That sucks. I hope you find a good troop and a leader.

I love camps. Having a camp in your town?

Ex is at a Leaders Camp Training ( Fri, Sat, Sun ) and its storming..lol I'm supposed to go for the next course.

Son and I are doing some camping on our own this summer, and Scout Day Camp is a week long thing this July ( yearly) and a few other camps through scout too. Going to be busy.

Back