Fully Implanted Cyborg

LadySekhmet

Reaction score
Well,

I know I haven't been on AllDeaf.com for quite a while...I just get a bit tired and weary about CIs issues.

Anyways, for those who cares, I got my right ear implanted yesterday. Like DeafMama, I recovered very quickly, and no pain at all, except on the little spot on the back of my head.

I decided to do this because my Left has been doing so well, and felt that I was missing something on my right side. I can't explain it, but it just feels weird.

I talked to my surgeon on Monday, got into the OR on Thursday. How cool is that?!

My activation day is June 14th.

Feel free to read my blog about getting the second surgery.

Well,

I know I haven't been on AllDeaf.com for quite a while...I just get a bit tired and weary about CIs issues.

Anyways, for those who cares, I got my right ear implanted yesterday. Like DeafMama, I recovered very quickly, and no pain at all, except on the little spot on the back of my head.

I decided to do this because my Left has been doing so well, and felt that I was missing something on my right side. I can't explain it, but it just feels weird.

I talked to my surgeon on Monday, got into the OR on Thursday. How cool is that?!

My activation day is June 14th.

Feel free to read my blog about getting the second surgery.

June 14th ? Thats my birthday, good luck!

Wow, you must be our fastest one at a time bilateral cyborg. Congrats and it's good to hear you feel so good after surgery. Glad that the left ear has worked out so well too :)

Speedy recovery and wish you well for your activation.
Rick

Congrats and best of luck!

awesome! hope you recover quickly and that everything goes well with the activation!

Thanks everyone!
Yeah, I'm just very surprised at I was able to do this fast. I *was* going to do it a lot sooner, but I had school, and I knew with my first long recovery time, I won't be able to attend my classes.
I am also moving to Las Vegas, so I had to do it now, otherwise I would have to stay in NJ for two to three weeks to recover before going on the plane. I love my surgeon that much, I refused to go to anyone else.
I guess I'm on of those lucky ones!

I can't wait for the turn on date.

Life is changing fast !!

Good luck and please keep us updated !

:dance: GL! Hope you won't end up as Terminator! lol!

Congratulations, and it was smart to wait to see if your left implanted was working well, and it has, before getting one on the right. Bright move. ;)

Wish you well, and keep us inform on your update. :)

Thanks Cheri!

Yeah, I thought to myself, why I just give it a go on my left, I don't have anything else to lose because my left has more severe hearing loss. And yes, it's the "What Ifs?" that was bugging me. Number one was what if I hate it, what if It doesn't work for me.

Now, I don't know what I was so worried about! It works just great! Some people say to wait until the next upgrade. I have no idea if it's going to be upgraded sometime soon (the Implant, not the processor). Cochlear America is good with backward compatibility. Secondly, If I waited next year or even two years, I would be really set back because now I have to focus on training my right while my left is already trained. I just don't want to "start over". :)

Thanks everyone!

Back