Friends? Barter for ASL lessons.

JenniferT

Reaction score
Hey there,

I am looking to chat sometime and hopefully become friends with some people. I am interested in the outdoors, science fiction, reading, tv shows and movies, just learning about other people and what they do and like.

I am hearing and hoping to improve my ASL a bit. I'm not looking for someone to "teach" me sign language. I have taken courses and volunteer with deaf people now, but I would love more practice and can give back by lending a listening ear (as I am training to be a counsellor), or help with resume or cover letter writing (since I have experience in writing a lot of my own), or any other trades you might want. If people were in my area I would buy them coffee and make them muffins but alas...

If anyone is even more of a beginner than me than we can chat anyways and I'll show you what little I know or we can practice together.

Why am I learning ASL? I'm getting into the field so social work so I would like to be able to help deaf, hard of hearing or non-verbal clients in my area. I also love the language and want to learn more from deaf people.

Hey there,

I am looking to chat sometime and hopefully become friends with some people. I am interested in the outdoors, science fiction, reading, tv shows and movies, just learning about other people and what they do and like.

I am hearing and hoping to improve my ASL a bit. I'm not looking for someone to "teach" me sign language. I have taken courses and volunteer with deaf people now, but I would love more practice and can give back by lending a listening ear (as I am training to be a counsellor), or help with resume or cover letter writing (since I have experience in writing a lot of my own), or any other trades you might want. If people were in my area I would buy them coffee and make them muffins but alas...

If anyone is even more of a beginner than me than we can chat anyways and I'll show you what little I know or we can practice together.

Why am I learning ASL? I'm getting into the field so social work so I would like to be able to help deaf, hard of hearing or non-verbal clients in my area. I also love the language and want to learn more from deaf people.

Awe I wish I could help but since I am deaf and blind it would be kinda hard for me to use my remaining vision to video chat to do so. However I would very much like to be chat with you. You can either PM me how you would like to chat or put it here. Whichever your more comfortable with. :)

I will chat with you. You do not have to give me anything. The practice/experience I will get is good. PM me if you want.

Hello and Welcome! I'm deafblind and asperger. As far as signing goes. I'm afraid I'm a beginner like you.

Back