Four Loko/other "energy"-alcohol packaged drinks

nobody456

Reaction score
Four Loko ban a crazy idea: Do what you will, young people will still mix caffeine and alcohol

I agree that people will still mix alcohol and other drugs together to detrimental effects. I remember when caffeine-infused beer debuted and friends were buying it. I told to think about what it was.

Still on the fence about "banning" formal businesses that do these types of drinks. I mean, are you going to tell bartenders that combining Red Bull and Vodka is illegal?

Four Loko ban a crazy idea: Do what you will, young people will still mix caffeine and alcohol

I agree that people will still mix alcohol and other drugs together to detrimental effects. I remember when caffeine-infused beer debuted and friends were buying it. I told to think about what it was.

Still on the fence about "banning" formal businesses that do these types of drinks. I mean, are you going to tell bartenders that combining Red Bull and Vodka is illegal?

Good question....and what about Irish Coffee??

Never tried Four Lokos. :dunno:

Have you tried vodka with
5hourenergy.jpg
? I say ouch to Kidney.

Some people do not understand how difficult to find kidney replacement. :shock:

Never tried Four Lokos. :dunno:

Have you tried vodka with
5hourenergy.jpg
? I say ouch to Kidney.

Some people do not understand how difficult to find kidney replacement. :shock:

jeez....that would wreck your body...

I guess people need to know what "moderation" is. I mean trying to compare the effects of Irish Coffee against that concoction above is a bit difficult to comprehend for most if not a lot a people. I mean yes, common sense...might not be a good idea, but it's not like the education/knowledge is out there that definitely says that doing these things will be really bad for your body. Alcohol abuse sure, caffeine abuse, sure...but alcohol/caffeine binges???

Common sense prevails over moderation, at least it should. Sometimes, things cannot be done in moderation because it's still harmful in the end.

What about Jaeger-bombs? It is Red Bull and Jaegermeister, would those be banned as well?

My friend ordered several rounds of those shots and I got sick within hours. Too much kick for me.

My friend ordered several rounds of those shots and I got sick within hours. Too much kick for me.

But those are a favorite with me, however, I have to carefully consume things. More like one or two per year. Otherwise I drink Red Bull all the time.

I honestly don't know why people drink energy drinks. One drink for me and I'll be like a monkey on speed.

I guess people aren't eating properly if they need an energy drink. If I'm not mistaken, people with epilepsy can't have them. I also have read that they can cause people to faint if they drink too much and possibly other health risks including cardiac arrest.

I honestly don't know why people drink energy drinks. One drink for me and I'll be like a monkey on speed.

I guess people aren't eating properly if they need an energy drink. If I'm not mistaken, people with epilepsy can't have them. I also have read that they can cause people to faint if they drink too much and possibly other health risks including cardiac arrest.

I had two really hooge red bulls today, no major effects.

However I don't eat as normally as I probably should. I'm hypoglycemic, I eat only one meal a day as I eat only when I am hungry not when I am bored. Also for the longest time my schedule was chaotic enough I literally did not have time to eat during the day, and if I was exhausted enough, I would just crash out without eating.

Yes my GP has chewed me out numerous times about my habits ranging from too much nicotine, caffeine, ETOH, and not enough water and regular meals. Sometimes I am able to eat better than others. I understand it is my body and my risk and I blame no one when things happen.

Why I drink so much red bull is because it gives me a good boost in less the time that it takes to have a meal. For it me it is about time or the lack of it.

However before anyone says anything, I know that now I am unemployed I should have time to eat better but it is hard to change your habits when you are used to going from sun up to sun down.

Back