For Your Ears Only!!!

WhiteWolves64

Reaction score
I was digging through pile of papers to be shredding or saving and i found this article that i cut out back in April, 25, 1995 :shock: And what do you think of this article? :hmm:

deafdriver.jpg

The article says:

For Your Ears Only!

Deaf People are world's best drivers!

Deaf people make better drivers than people with normal hearing - and they could be the world's safest motorists, a fascinating new study shows.

That's because they compensate for their disability by concentrating on watching the road, the research showed.

"They've got it all over us hearing people when it comes to driving," said a spokesman for the National Association of Driver Educators for the Disabled.

"They've always taken in everything with their eyes and as a result they tend to see everything when they're at the wheel."

And not being able to hear ambulance and other emergency sirens doesn't make deaf drivers unsafe at all. The study found that deaf drivers check their rear view mirrors frequently and can tell immediately if they should pull to the side of the road.

I got this article from Weekly World News on April 25, 1995.

Last edited:
look at this video first. Then decide if I need to say more:D .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrzXRnvePEs]YouTube - CODA BROTHERS: DEAF DRIVING[/ame]

I enjoy the article that you post. Well, sometimes we try the best we can as Deaf drivers, even if a Deaf driver are alone. The only problem for the Deaf driver is going backward ( I hate that part) like drive back out of the drive way or drive out from the parking lot (like a box). That is the only obstacle that I have a problem with. **sigh**

CODA Brothers. They are being sooo silly and don't sign like the deaf people sign. They were just goofing off and acting like they are bragging about it. Yes, they are funny. :roll: The article is better than the CODA brothers. :thumb:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXDnJ8suNTI"]YouTube - Deaf Driver - Keith Wann show[/ame]

This is my favorite Deaf Driver joke.
Seriously, I am a better driver now that I am deaf. When I could hear I was more easily distracted.

[This is my favorite Deaf Driver joke.
Seriously, I am a better driver now that I am deaf. When I could hear I was more easily distracted.

Yup, I often turn my hearing aids off when driving because of distractions.

Lol! I consider myself a very good driver, but I CANNOT drive with a deaf passenger. MY GOD! I do have a good perceptual vision and can see the conversation, but sometimes it just gets too "loud" for me to handle. I have to admit that my reaction time is a bit slow compared to driving without a deaf passenger.

Still a good driver, with or without a deaf passenger. ;)

I was driving over a drawbridge that was going back down and the traffic
had to stop. I checked my rear view mirror to made sure the driver behind me was coming to a stop too and there was guy speeding in truck! I got in to next lane in a nick of time , and the guy ran his truck into the rear end of the car I was behind! I was hoping the guy would see me coming to a stop would made him slow down but he just speed up! the guy in the truck did not use his brake to stop he ran into the car rear end! I did not have time to warn anyone of what was happening! It really does pay off to look in your rear view mirror!

Back