For Non-believers; Rapture

AvengedSevenfol said:
how self-rightous of you

"judge not lest ye be judged" if christians can't learn to be a bit more receptive and stop pointing the fingers and stop being so self-rightous they might be in for a bit of a surprise.
First of all, I find it interesting that you are judging me as self-righteous. Who is judging?

Anyway, I am not judging anyone. Every person who has accepted Jesus as Savior will be raptured if they are alive at the time Rapture happens. That includes me. I have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, so I will be raptured, if I am still alive at that time. How is that judging anyone? I am just saying that I trust Jesus at His word.

Beowulf said:
By the same token, Reba, what if the Rapture has already happened, and we are the remaining? Pretty deceptive, indeed.
Jesus said that He will take up ALL believers to Heaven. I am a believer, and I am still here, so the Rapture has not yet happened. Jesus doesn't lie.

Been done in Mayan culture, they were raptured into heaven and they were non-Christians.

Who are the non-belivers?

Soonersseth said:
I thought the remaining people get like a second chance before Damination? I read part of left behind seris but no time read all 12 books
If a person heard the Gospel before the Rapture and refused to accept Jesus, then that person doesn't get "a second chance"; that person already made the decision.

If a person did not hear the Gospel before the Rapture, then hears the Gospel after the Rapture, that person does have a chance to accept Jesus as Savior.

Of course, when I say "hear" the Gospel, that includes reading the Gospel, or having another person sign the Gospel, or communicate the Gospel in whatever way it is presented.

Magatsu said:
I want to avoid hurt Reba's feelings or whatever it is but I completely agree with you.
It doesn't hurt my feelings for you to judge me. It just puzzles me, because I thought liberals didn't judge people.

Just to be clear.

Why do I believe Jesus will rapture me? Because JESUS made that promise. Because JESUS saved me. Because JESUS forgave my wretched sins.

NOT because I am a "good" person. I am NOT a good enough person for Heaven. I am a sinner saved by Jesus' grace. It is HIS grace that will take me to Heaven. It is NOT my goodness, because I have nothing good enough for HIM.

I am NOT better than other people. I am WORSE than other people. But I confessed that to Jesus and He saved me.

Every person needs to be saved, and Jesus can save any person who truly wants to be saved.

Reba said:
Just to be clear.

Why do I believe Jesus will rapture me? Because JESUS made that promise. Because JESUS saved me. Because JESUS forgave my wretched sins.

NOT because I am a "good" person. I am NOT a good enough person for Heaven. I am a sinner saved by Jesus' grace. It is HIS grace that will take me to Heaven. It is NOT my goodness, because I have nothing good enough for HIM.

I am NOT better than other people. I am WORSE than other people. But I confessed that to Jesus and He saved me.

Every person needs to be saved, and Jesus can save any person who truly wants to be saved.

You nailed it beautifully, Reba !

First of all, I find it interesting that you are judging me as self-righteous. Who is judging?

i don't claim to be a christian, i can judge whoever i want.

It doesn't hurt my feelings for you to judge me. It just puzzles me, because I thought liberals didn't judge people.

on any political topic, outside abortion, and religion...im about as conservative as it gets.

If a person heard the Gospel before the Rapture and refused to accept Jesus, then that person doesn't get "a second chance"; that person already made the decision.

what about people who never hear "the gospel"? indigeous tribes in africa or wherever else?

the whole baptist idea of being saved is the most riduculous thing i've ever heard. you get saved, and suddenly you got a free ticket to heaven...do what you want, because once your saved, your going to heaven...lie..cheat..rape...murder...your still going to heaven.

Been done in Mayan culture, they were raptured into heaven and they were non-Christians.

thats a funny point i never thought about before, their entire culture disappeared without a trace...and by reba's own words we are taught a "reason" for thier disappearance...definately food for thought hah

AvengedSevenfol said:
what about people who never hear "the gospel"? indigeous tribes in africa or wherever else?
God knows where there are people who are willing to accept the Gospel. He will send missionaries or other means to make sure they have that opportunity.

the whole baptist idea of being saved is the most riduculous thing i've ever heard.
It is not the "baptist" idea of being saved. It is God's way. People were being saved long before there were "baptists", and many non-baptist people are being saved today.

you get saved, and suddenly you got a free ticket to heaven...do what you want, because once your saved, your going to heaven...lie..cheat..rape...murder...your still going to heaven.
That very topic was brought up to Paul in the book of Romans.
Romans 6:1-23
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin...14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. [/quote]

thats a funny point i never thought about before, their entire culture disappeared without a trace...and by reba's own words we are taught a "reason" for thier disappearance...definately food for thought hah
The Mayans "disappeared" but not by the Rapture.

AvengedSevenfol said:
how self-rightous of you

"judge not lest ye be judged" if christians can't learn to be a bit more receptive and stop pointing the fingers and stop being so self-rightous they might be in for a bit of a surprise.

Read my post about "Judging others" at America falling from Religious thread. Many people misunderstood the verse of Judging on others. It all was talking about the sin and it wasn't about love, sex, swearing, murders, and whatever you do. Jesus said don't judge on others that they are holy or sinners. That's whole point of that.

shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

don't get defensive when i ask this, cause its a serious question...but all that says is god forbids it....doesn't mention punishment. i used to work with several baptist bible students...they were going to school to become missionaries, and they explain to me, that obviously god doesn't want them to backslide, but if someone does, regardless of thier actions, they ARE going to heaven..i just find this ludicrous.

the baptist idea of being saved, and other religions being baptised or whatever "cleansing/rebirth" their religion believes is far different..in the points i listed above. if a catholic backslides after being baptised, he will go to hell by thier religion...it seems baptists just want to make thier own free ticket to heaven.

AvengedSevenfol said:
...all that says is god forbids it....doesn't mention punishment.
If someone is truly saved, and then backslides, God uses ways to bring that person back. Sometimes it requires discipline or "punishment" such as guilt, death of a loved, illness, dramatic event, whatever. Salvation is not a "free ticket" to do whatever. If a person is truly saved, they will not continue in sin. The guilt will be too much. But if someone says they are saved but they really are not, then if they sin they don't feel guilt about sin.

Many people say "I am a Christian" but their lives do not prove their words. Anyone can say "I am a Christian" but it is not always true.

i used to work with several baptist bible students...they were going to school to become missionaries, and they explain to me, that obviously god doesn't want them to backslide, but if someone does, regardless of thier actions, they ARE going to heaven..i just find this ludicrous.
If we can't trust God for ETERNAL salvation, then what good is it? How is that ludicrous?

...it seems baptists just want to make thier own free ticket to heaven.
Again I say, it is not just a "baptist" doctrine. It is the doctrine of Christianity and the Bible.

p.s. People are not saved thru baptism or church membership. Baptism is a sign of obedience to God, after salvation.

reba said:
If we can't trust God for ETERNAL salvation, then what good is it? How is that ludicrous?

Yeah it is ludicarous. It is not all about us being trust on his eternal salvation. It is whole the point that how we use our life with Jesus Christ. For example, that I gave you a example between struggling sin and refusing give up their sin life.

That is the point, that he was trying to say, about "refusing to give up their sin life." I understood his point and it is reasonable.

I have to look up at my one book about that topic to find verses with that.

Last edited:
cynx2015 said:
Have you thought about "what if" millions believers disappeared in the face of earth and left the non-believers on earth? What would you do and how would you feel?

If I was a non-believer, I would be stunned, perplexed, and scared like hell!

Please dont throw jokes or slangs all over the place. You oughta think deeply yourself 'WHAT IF".

Serious messagers only!!

why are you in fear in God's creation? know what? Fear is not an answer. Infinite love is the only truth. Everything else is illusion. God is within you everyday.

LUNZ said:
Fear is not an answer. Infinite love is the only truth. God is within you everyday.
LUNZ, "AMEEEEEEENNNNNN" (bang, bang, bang) :smash:

Reba said:

Anyway, I am not judging anyone. Every person who has accepted Jesus as Savior will be raptured if they are alive at the time Rapture happens. That includes me. I have accepted Jesus Christ as Savior, so I will be raptured, if I am still alive at that time. How is that judging anyone? I am just saying that I trust Jesus at His word.
:liar: I don't think that all accpeted Jesus Christ as their Savior then they would go to be rapture as soon as trouble time come. there is something interesting into me what you said you trust Jesus at his word, then give me beyond decribed all prophets of scriptures? canaan and ham who they are? what nation they come from you can tell me? these Jesus taught you at his word you trust? tell me as i like to hear your comment from scripture say?

jazzy said:
The rumor was they were acascended (mispelling) into heaven.
I don't pay attention to rumors.

ckfarbes said:
:liar: I don't think that all accpeted Jesus Christ as their Savior then they would go to be rapture as soon as trouble time come. there is something interesting into me what you said you trust Jesus at his word, then give me beyond decribed all prophets of scriptures? canaan and ham who they are? what nation they come from you can tell me? these Jesus taught you at his word you trust? tell me as i like to hear your comment from scripture say?
Well, if you think that I am a "liar", then there isn't much point in my replying to you because you won't believe anything I tell you.

Reba said:
I don't pay attention to rumors.
Yes, I know conservative Christians don't pay attention to other stories except for the bible, only.

Back