For being all the wiser......

BecLak

Reaction score
Knowing what you know now and for being all the wiser, (forgetting the past and moving forward) what would you do to improve/enhance/simplify/make better your life right now, today?

Knowing what you know now and for being all the wiser, (forgetting the past and moving forward) what would you do to improve/enhance/simplify/make better your life right now, today?

I would have learned ASL a long time ago.

Same here about learning ASL a long time ago. So, for now, I will be stepping up my ASL learning and practice. I have learned a lot about deaf culture recently and will try to learn more. I am hoping to get more time with my local deaf club. (family is making it hard to do that) It would be easier if my deaf club had socials in the evenings, but it's during the daytime and therefore not easy. If we move, my priority is getting more involved in the deaf community if there is one nearby.

Learn ASL and would have went into the service. Not sure what branch though.

If the internet had existed, I would have become a day trader.

I would have identified as Deaf a long time ago.

I would also have bought a condo in a downtown high rise when they were going cheap and not had to worry about yard maintenance in old age.

Now that I'm in the sunset of my life, sorta...., I would have stayed in my native Minnesota and lived the 18th century concept of happiness which, basically is: A roof overhead and a full tummy. And now that I am, of late, a Ralph Waldo Emerson wannabe (strong on individualism and Nature), that doesn't help much, either....:lol:

Oh, well...serves me right for falling into the American Dream trap....so I pretty much am happy wherever I am.

Back