For any Aunts/uncles or others

PurrMeow

Reaction score
For any uncles/aunts/ or others like in taking care of your nieces and nephews. If any of your nieces or nephews reach to be 15 and half years 16 years old to have a drive license, do you trust your nephews or nieces to drive to school or something ? My oldest niece (which I only have two nieces) wanna me to teach her how to drive since she is 15 and half yr old, do I trust her? What about her school? What about her activites? Do I trust her/him?

PurrMeow,

First of all, my condolences to you and your nieces upon the passing of your sister, their mother.

Well, if I were you, I wouldn't trust them to use your car just yet.

Also I wouldn't want to be the one to teach them how to drive because doing that has been known to cause friction between both parties. What if she had an accident? Then your premium would go up big time.

I think it's safer for you to enroll her into driving education at school, if they offer such subject. And wait until she's 17 or 18 when she has proven herself to be responsible, mature and reliable.

It would be better for her to work part time, so she can learn how to save up for a car and insurance, driving lessons and whatnot.

Good luck.

I would prefer to send her to driving school...once she get a permit then practice driving together like on empty parking lot or somewhere that is empty and practice this or that. Then move next level, street, then next level highway. If she want borrow your car, don't. Let her learn to buy her own. How can she learn when she is on her own? It is best to teach her right now to save the money for car and insurance. Good Luck!

It's up to you if you want to teach them how to drive, or send them off to driving school, They should be supervised while they have a driving permit, once they get their driver's license, If you are convinced that they're responsible drivers, then you may allow them to drive to school with limiting of passengers, but don't allow them to drive during the night-time of yet because driving is a privilege, not a right, that needs to be earned through responsible behavior and well experience driver. ;)

driving school is the best smile as i know
i am in driving school right now it take time

It all depends on if your niece is ready for the responsibilities that comes with driving. And how you feel, are you comfortable being in a car with a teen that is learning how to drive? If not, then that's what schools or driver schools are for! Good luck!

Thanks gang!

First of all my two nephews are with us already and my oldest niece and her two half brothers are with their grandparents since they want to spend summer time with their grandparents till after July. I allow them. Anyway, as for my niece and I discussed about her getting driving school. She's willing to take it. But she said that she is not ready until she is 16 yrs old. I was surprised about it. I have no idea why she said that but its her decisions.

It's up to you if you want to teach them how to drive, or send them off to driving school, They should be supervised while they have a driving permit, once they get their driver's license, If you are convinced that they're responsible drivers, then you may allow them to drive to school with limiting of passengers, but don't allow them to drive during the night-time of yet because driving is a privilege, not a right, that needs to be earned through responsible behavior and well experience driver. ;)

Yes I wanna to have my niece to get driver license when shes 16 cause u know it is too much for me to drive all way around back and forth from home to school, games (football, etc) and church and all that. So now my niece wanna to take a class before reach to her 16 and take a test on her 16th birthday. So we agreed with it. I am so proud of her and I love her to death just like my own daughter but i spoil her to death :)

It's illegal to teach children how to drive here in Germany. It must be at driving school.

To me, I prefer to focus children's education first before driving school. IMO.

It's illegal to teach children how to drive here in Germany. It must be at driving school.

To me, I prefer to focus children's education first before driving school. IMO.

Yeah, I started my oldest niece at her new school this fall so her driving school can teach her better than I do teach. Lol cause I didn't want to get on her nervous while she's learning till she reaches to be 16 cause I am scare to teach to her!

I'm glad you've found a driving school for her. Hope she'll do well.

As for teaching her, just let the driving teacher do the job. And do your best to relax every time she takes you out for a spin. ;)

Back