foods for preg mother ...

knightwolf68

Reaction score
My friend would like to have the informations for can or avoid the foods list for their preg ... since they don't have the computer so i told them i am more than happy to help them out with these informations ....

By the way, Finally parent forums has arrived !! BRAVO BRAVO !!!

knightwolf68 said:
My friend would like to have the informations for can or avoid the foods list for their preg ... since they don't have the computer so i told them i am more than happy to help them out with these informations ....

By the way, Finally parent forums has arrived !! BRAVO BRAVO !!!

Well thats really up to the doctor...she need to ask her doctor what to eat and what not to eat..especially if there are health problems like diabetes, heart, etc..we cant tell you what she should or should not eat..i hope she is getting doctor's care!

Defee said:
Well thats really up to the doctor...she need to ask her doctor what to eat and what not to eat..especially if there are health problems like diabetes, heart, etc..we cant tell you what she should or should not eat..i hope she is getting doctor's care!

yeah thats what i told them about it ... but they don't have the insurance to go to the dr and don't have much money to pay the bills so they just want to get some tips informations much as possible so they can have goood condtions to look after ... mmmm

knightwolf68 said:
yeah thats what i told them about it ... but they don't have the insurance to go to the dr and don't have much money to pay the bills so they just want to get some tips informations much as possible so they can have goood condtions to look after ... mmmm

oh my gosh, im sorry to hear that, knightwolf...ohhh, i wonder if they can get help from DHS (Dept of human services)..
Tell you what..tell them just to eat good and healthy food, lots of vegetables, fruit, fish, chicken, turkey and some beef and pork..not too much junk food, lots of orange juice which is important for baby's growth..it has folic acid..limit sugar like cookies, pies etc..thats what i did when i was pregnant and my baby was very healthy! ;)

Defee said:
oh my gosh, im sorry to hear that, knightwolf...ohhh, i wonder if they can get help from DHS (Dept of human services)..
Tell you what..tell them just to eat good and healthy food, lots of vegetables, fruit, fish, chicken, turkey and some beef and pork..not too much junk food, lots of orange juice which is important for baby's growth..it has folic acid..limit sugar like cookies, pies etc..thats what i did when i was pregnant and my baby was very healthy! ;)

I am not sure if they would have get any help from DHS becasue the father have the job with no benefits provider and his wife isn't work ...
what is folic acid ... care to explain to us ? I thought pork wouldn't good for preg becasue it have grease or fat ...

unpasteurised milks
soft, ripened cheeses (varieties such as brie, camembert, and similar blue veined varieties)
ice-cream from soft whip machines (wrapped or block ice-cream is fine)
patés — all types
raw and undercooked eggs (thoroughly cook eggs until both the white and yolk are solid)
liver and liver products
mayonnaise (homemade)
shark, marlin and swordfish should be avoided and tuna restricted to two medium cans or one fresh steak per week. This follows concerns about mercury in these fish and also applies to women who are breastfeeding or intending to become pregnant.

Do not allow raw meat...Caffeine affects iron absorption and so it is recommended that pregnant women limit caffeine intake.It's advisable to avoid foods that contain raw egg and always cook chicken and eggs well. Wherever possible..EAT LEAST:
Apart from some fats, such as olive oil, most fats, sugars salt...

and Pregnant women should eat a lots of nutrients that are key for her and the The baby to get enough of, including protein, calcium, iron, and folic acid. EAT MOST:
Fruits, vegetables, seafood, legumes, grains, breads, cereals, rice and pasta which are all low in fat and provide energy-giving carbohydrate and a wide range of vitamins and minerals...

Hope This Helps:)

Healthy Foods for Pregnant Women...

• Meats ( well done )
  • Vegetables
  • Fruits
  • Crackers
  • Cheese
  • Toast
  • Salad
  • Seafoods
  • Cooked eggs
  • Cereals and Breads
  • Applesauce and CottonCheese ( babies seem to enjoy that )

Avoid

• Spicy Foods
  • Junk Foods

That's all I can think of....Contra. to your friend's pregnancy...Hope all goes well....

Becareful with the seafood. You will actually want to limit that as alot of seafood has higher levels of mercury.

knightwolf68 said:
I am not sure if they would have get any help from DHS becasue the father have the job with no benefits provider and his wife isn't work ...
what is folic acid ... care to explain to us ? I thought pork wouldn't good for preg becasue it have grease or fat ...

Ok folic acid also known as folate, is a B-Vitamin to prevent birth defects so orange juice is very good for preg. women. Like i said, just a little bit beef and pork, not every day, maybe like once or twice a week. Take prenatal vitamins would be good too..hope this helps! also if you want pork or beef, it would be best to bake, not fry so you wont get greasy food ok?

Defee said:
Take prenatal vitamins would be good too..

I want to second this idea. If you don't have health issurance to get the prescription from your doctor for them go talk to your pharmacist anyways.

Megalofyia said:
Becareful with the seafood. You will actually want to limit that as alot of seafood has higher levels of mercury.

I don't eat Seafoods or Fishs since I'm allegery to them...but my friends do eat seafoods while they're pregnant...I honestly dont know about Higher Level of Mercury since I don't know much about seafoods....Sorry, Maybe you and the others know more about ' Seafoods ' than I do....

Megalofyia said:

Yes u are right! be careful of fish, it would be good to buy just farm raised fish cuz they are raised in good clean water so just look at the labels to see if they are farm raised.

^Angel^ said:
  • Meats ( well done )
  • Vegetables
  • Fruits
  • Crackers
  • Cheese
  • Toast
  • Salad
  • Seafoods
  • Cooked eggs
  • Cereals and Breads
  • Applesauce and CottonCheese ( babies seem to enjoy that )

Avoid

• Spicy Foods
  • Junk Foods

That's all I can think of....Contra. to your friend's pregnancy...Hope all goes well....

Depends on women's preggy who can handle eat junk food not too every day.
I do sometime eat junk food likely no time to cook.. Take out the resturant or outgoing wha..ever..

Mostly reilable on health foods.. yes definetialy.... espically must have drink lot of water and milk and much healthier fruits/veggie would be great..
Depend on how much you cook the meat properly.. That's all I had been doing so far with my 3 kids..

My 3 kids are healthier as well. :) Wishes you have great luck your friend's on the way preggy term. :) I mean for (Knightwolf68's buddy)

tell her to eat alot of EGGS! :naughty:

Seriously.. most pregant woman vomit after eatting scrabbled eggs..

Anything that are raw foods, don't eat.
Cold cuts aren't recommended for pregnant to eat since they have bacteria called with Lis (sp?) but you can eat once a while, not too often.

I have so many things in my mind but couldnt think of. Oh boy!!

but they don't have the insurance to go to the dr and don't have much money to pay the bills so they just want to get some tips informations much as possible
Where do they live? They should go to a community health center and see if they have a maternal child health program. My mom works at one and while there is an income ceiling, most of those centers DO accept people who don't have insurances. Maybe also they should look into getting Medicaid too!

deafdyke said:
Where do they live? They should go to a community health center and see if they have a maternal child health program. My mom works at one and while there is an income ceiling, most of those centers DO accept people who don't have insurances. Maybe also they should look into getting Medicaid too!
yeah.. without insurance u'll gone shocked how much it cost to give birth of a baby.. it can be up to $10,000 just giving birth to babies and having shots, etc..

Back