Flying by the seat of his ‘panties’…

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Flying by the seat of his

First they let kids fly business class, now men are allowed to fly scantily-clad in women’s underwear? What is the world coming to?

Passengers on a US Airways flight were shocked when a man wearing only a set of skimpy women’s underwear, stockings and heels boarded their flight on June 9th in Phoenix.

"It was unbelievable”, said Jill Tarlow, a passenger onboard who among others complained to the airline staff about the spectacle. However, she was not too rattled to get the man to pose for a picture.

Mrs. Tarlow claims that she grabbed the snap because "No one would believe me if I didn't take his picture".

Despite the complaints of the other passengers the man was allowed to board the flight because, according to US Airways spokesperson Valerie Wunder, "We don't have a dress code policy".

What makes this story all the more incredulous is that this man flew just days before a man was not only thrown off a plane, but arrested for not having his pants pulled up high enough on the same airline.

DeShon Marman was thrown off a US airways flight in San Francisco on June 15th and arrested for indecent exposure. DeShon’s lawyer claims there is security footage to prove that his client was not exposing any body parts and that the he has been a victim of racial discrimination.

Wunder has justified the actions of staff on both flights, claiming "Obviously, if their private parts are exposed, that's not appropriate... So if they're not exposing their private parts, they're allowed to fly."

Some believe this sequence of events highlights how ridiculous the technicalities over what is and isn’t appropriate to wear on a flight, others claim it is an example of how racism remains rife in today’s society.

DeShon’s lawyer fuelled this argument with his statement "A white man is allowed to fly in underwear without question, but my client was asked to pull up his pajama pants because they hung below his waist."

:shock:

Can anyone say hypocrisy? :P

I don't think that anyone of either gender should be wearing skimpy underwear in public like that man in the article, though I have no objection of cross dressing.

As much as I dislike the fashion of having your pants pulled a bit low, I think something stinks here. In my book, the guy who came with his pants not pulled high enough was more "properly" dressed than the crossdresser.

Back