Florida- germany girl

Skye0919

Reaction score
hey,
I grew up with hearing family in Germany, I didn't learn Much Sign language in school. Went to hard of hearing/ deaf school, but we wasn't allowed to sign. So story short looking for new friends in Florida. Who. can help with my ALS " I sign horrible". My hearing getting worse and I schould learn ASL. Because I it is who I am!
Plus lil lonely with out friend who understands what it means. ❣️

Thank you for sharing it with us. I get it what you mean about growing up with a hearing family. Please understand that you are not alone. I too grew up in a hearing Christian family but it’s not easy.

That’s great you are looking for new friends who is willing to help you with ASL. Have you thought about joining like deaf club or where they have events for deaf people to get together? You could google it online and find out through FL Association of the Deaf for more resources.

I’m here if you would like to talk more.

Keeping you in my prayer.

Thanks"Beckell,
Yeah, I will try. Going to the "it a deaf thing" this weekend, sure they have resources for me.

Thank again

Welcome!! I'm assuming you were forced to lean the oral way in school since you said you weren't allowed to sign. I'm sorry. I'm like you in that I grew up with my hearing family and although I was mainstreamed, I did a lot of speech therapy for speaking. I did use what I though was signed English but have learned is really more MCE manually coded English/contact or Pigin, ASL signs in English word order without using the made up technical signs for English grammatical markers. My ASL isn't very good at all either, but I've started taking a class in college and I hope o become more fluent so I can be more active in the Deaf community/culture.

hey,
I grew up with hearing family in Germany, I didn't learn Much Sign language in school. Went to hard of hearing/ deaf school, but we wasn't allowed to sign. So story short looking for new friends in Florida. Who. can help with my ALS " I sign horrible". My hearing getting worse and I schould learn ASL. Because I it is who I am!
Plus lil lonely with out friend who understands what it means. ❣️
hi i tottaly understand how you feel i just became deaf after having seizures im learning and i feel like my world is crumbling i live in florida as well

Back