Florida doesn't require certification for terps

I particularly like the part where it indicates that an interpreter was not requested. So was this just some random woman who was sitting around bored thinking, "You know what I'm gonna do today. I'm gonna pretend to be an interpreter. Let's see who figures me out." I wonder if she came from an agency.

I particularly like the part where it indicates that an interpreter was not requested. So was this just some random woman who was sitting around bored thinking, "You know what I'm gonna do today. I'm gonna pretend to be an interpreter. Let's see who figures me out." I wonder if she came from an agency.

I know right? This whole situation is crazy. I wonder if this lady really thinks she's fluent in ASL. I bet she does, after learning some "baby signs" from online or something.

Holy moly! What the heck is she saying? About the only thing she said that made sense was the opening "Good afternoon."

Here is a clearer video for anyone interested:

She was definitely not a good interpreter but I did understand most of what she was signing. He apparently was citing a bunch of dates, it looks like she got them right. (I'm guessing because I don't know what the chief was saying.) at least it wasn't like that fake interpreter last year!

Dunno what to say either!...I understood very little of what she was signing...LOL...it seemed very "childish" (her signs)...

I don't know enough ASL, but a couple times I think I saw signs that the cop didn't say? I could be mistaken though, as I'm sure there are children who sign better than I do... But some of it didn't seem to match what he was saying. I knew I wouldn't understand much but I was curious so watched anyways.. :p

At least she knows how to sign KILLER. She seems to sign it over and over.

Apparently it's been release that this woman has been arrested and convicted of fraud in the past.

We have seen worse. This woman appears to know some sign language not exactly fluent. She’s a fraud and has been convicted of past incidents for fraud. Glad she was caught and now people can be aware of this woman. Not to let her do this again else where.

Back