florida deaf community?

i am hopeing this works i am new here looking for some people here that live in FL

i will be looking for work and i am hope to work with deaf i will be moving as of july 1 2007

Northeast Deaf Professional Happy Hour (NEFDPHH)

***Announcement***

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Northeast Deaf Professional Happy Hour (NEFDPHH)

Saturday, January 20th 9 pm - close

Top Hat Game Room

616 SR 13
N Fruit Cove,FL 32259
Phone:904-230-5464
web site:Welcome to the Top Hat Game Room Website

Come One! Come All!

REMINDER: MUST be at least 21 years old.

Please spread the words to others!!!

Thanks!!!

Any questions, feel free to contact at NEFDPHH@yahoo.com

Check out: North East Florida Deaf Professional Happy Hour

NEF DPHH

Just saw the slideshow, and it looks like it was very well attended and everyone had a great time! I'm glad to see this kind of thing going on in your corner of Florida and hope this will be a self-sustaining endeavor.

Last week, I successfully hosted 2nd Annual Expatriate Night locally in South Florida and approximately 100 people attended! (I was only expecting 20-30 people, as this event was hosted last year and had a decent attendance.)

Al of a sudden, people came up to me and strongly expressed their desire to see some kind of a DPHH thing happening for South Florida! I'm looking into it, but I'm still a little bit cautious; The South Florida Deaf community tried this sort of thing during the 1980's and 1990's, and eventually the crowds fizzled and the concept went stale.

So, don't be surprised to see me pop up in a DPHH in your area soon! ;) Just want to study other models and see what works, what doesn't, and try to come up with a workable formula for a highly successful DPHH approach for South Florida's Deaf community.

Hello:

There is a new website for "Central Florida" Deaf and ASL. Might want to check it out - it is slowly growing but has some good information for the area.

Read the information and/or post questions or introduce yourself to the Central Florida Deaf community.

Central Florida Deaf, HOH and American Sign Language ASL Website and Forums

- Bill

That is a nice site, and will grow into a great one. When was it started? And is it just for central fla? Thanks!

North East Deaf Professional Happy Hour (Saint Augustine, Florida)

***Announcement***

Our next NEDPHH

Saturday, February 17th 9 pm - close

Anastasia Billiards
1957 A1A South
St.Augustine,Fl 32080
Phone:904-461-9224

Spread the word!!!! Hope to see you all there!
REMINDER: MUST be at least 21 years old.

NEDPHH = North East Deaf Professional Happy Hour

DeafTJ said:

"That is a nice site, and will grow into a great one. When was it started? And is it just for central fla? Thanks!"

Thank you. It was put online Dec 2006, and yes, am planning it for Central Fla events (everyone is invited to participate in the other forums). I have seen websites are too big and do not cover local events very good - so I figured I would do a limited area and do a really good job of covering it.

Thanks and have a great day!
Bill @ Central Florida Deaf, HOH and American Sign Language ASL Website and Forums

DeafTJ said:

"That is a nice site, and will grow into a great one. When was it started? And is it just for central fla? Thanks!"

Thank you. It was put online Dec 2006, and yes, am planning it for Central Fla events (everyone is invited to participate in the other forums). I have seen websites are too big and do not cover local events very good - so I figured I would do a limited area and do a really good job of covering it.

NEF-DPHH in Jacksonville, Florida 3/10/2007

***Announcement***
Our next NEFDPHH

It will be on the 2nd Saturday in March due to 3rd Saturday in March will be in Orlando as there is a DeafNation going on at the same time.

Dave and Busters
Saturday, March 10th 7 pm - close
Jacksonville:
I-95 at J. Turner Butler Blvd.
(904) 296-1525

Dave & Busters :: Home Page

Spread the word!!!! Hope to see you all there!

REMINDER: Finally, your kids visit to Dave and Buster for NEFDPHH! You also can eat dinner before the NEF DPHH.

NEF DPHH

Orlando Deafnation Expo

The DeafNation Expo began in spring 2003, starting with 6 Expos. Today, DeafNation hosts
12 Expos annually, having attracted in excess of 120,000 attendees since.

Orlando DeafNation Expo
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Exhibition Building - Hall A
Osceola Heritage Park
1875 Silver Spur Lane
Kissimmee, FL 34744
Exhibit Hours: 9am to 6pm
Cost: FREE ADMISSION
FREE PARKING
The event includes:
- Exhibitions (FREE)
- Entertainment (FREE)
- Seminars & Workshops (FREE)
- Children's Activities (FREE)

question

I am from Florida myself, and I am a student at SPC (St. Petersburg College). Anyway, to anwer your question, YES! There are thousands of deaf people here in Florida. Many of them are in Tampa/St. Petersburg, Orlando, and Miami area. High numbers of deaf people also exist in Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Gainesville, and Fort Myers. There are also small numbers of deaf people all over the state of Florida. Hope that answer your question!

If that's the case, then where all the deaf people hiding. My brother just moved down in Fort Myers area and when I went to visit him, it seems like there's anyone around to socialize. Any suggestion?

I too am curious which others [that are deaf] in the Central Florida area, more specifically Winter Park and Orlando, live around here. A meetup would be worth looking into.

I used to live in Tampa for 10 years and now I currently reside in Central Florida for the last 9 years and I can say there are deafies all over Florida.

Tampa, Clw, St pete, North Port richey, orlando, mt. dora, st augustine, wpb, miami, sanford, and umm just about everywhere! :) :)

I'm living in St Augustine now. :)
Seems like I always run into a deaf person at every turn, which is a nice change.

St Augustine and the larger cities do have a higher Ratio of Deafies. I am in a small town: Hardee County. Don't know any deafies around here.

I have also attended and graduated from FSD.

The next dphh is this sat in st augustine! Anyone going?

Dphh tonight in st augustine beach area... early bird gets a free pitcher of beer. Myself, personally, I only plan on only a glass of red wine. Who's going? I am. :)

Dphh tonight in st augustine beach area... early bird gets a free pitcher of beer. Myself, personally, I only plan on only a glass of red wine. Who's going? I am. :)

Hi, Liza, nice to see you State-side. Just visiting or? Been to the school for the deaf? Have you run into a Debbie Boles there? She's hearing, an educator, signs almost like a native. Her career here in CA was cut short by a medical condition and she moved back to FL and I think at or near where you are....

Back