flood & leaking

OldNavyGirl

Premium Member
Reaction score
have anyone ever experience flood in basement?

or

have anyone ever experience the leaking from the roof?

I have couple of days ago. it was HORRIBLE... :( 8 inches of rain for 3 days in a row. gosh....

basement was flooded abt 4 or 6 inches... because the sewer was backed up cuz too much water around here and they couldn't do anything about it. good thing i have sump pump to make the water go away when its possible....

i also have lots of leaking in my 2nd bedroom for guest room but i called it computer room but i moved my computer out and all that from there.... and my goodness -- And what turns me off is my landlord is so CHEAP... :-x I don't think i will live here any longer til my lease is over this following summer. ugh...

Yes we had experinces at my parents' old house before they moved to South Carolina three years ago. My dad tried everything to avoid any flooding in the basement, it always gets worse every year. There is nothing we can do. We usually get it bad all the time. He even put a drainer in few places before the house was build....but it still didnt work. He even tried to seal it outside around the basement with a special tar, still nothing...Almost 20 years, he used a pump to drain all the water out. Now 20 years later, the yard looks like a swamp, it just gets worse every year...

To me I think we have to take the house apart and rip the basement apart to build with blocks the right way or new stuff they have today? I wonder what my dad and the construction men did wrong since they did built the basement themselves :hmm:

Yes we had experinces at my parents' old house before they moved to South Carolina three years ago. My dad tried everything to avoid any flooding in the basement, it always gets worse every year. There is nothing we can do. We usually get it bad all the time. He even put a drainer in few places before the house was build....but it still didnt work. He even tried to seal it outside around the basement with a special tar, still nothing...Almost 20 years, he used a pump to drain all the water out. Now 20 years later, the yard looks like a swamp, it just gets worse every year...

To me I think we have to take the house apart and rip the basement apart to build with blocks the right way or new stuff they have today? I wonder what my dad and the construction men did wrong since they did built the basement themselves :hmm:

Steel walls bricked with the bricks?

Steel walls bricked with the bricks?

I have no clue :giggle: I would not know what they used today. I will have to ask my brother. He knows these things.

Back in the 70's, I think they used grey blocks and cemet, layers by layers. I did watched them built in the ground...

the weather ceases tuesday... i believe...

my dad put betonitine around the house and it seemed to help some to avoid the water coming in basement. my basement water is gone, and my friend and i washed the dirt and sewer smell out with the hose... i'm glad i didn't have anything in the basement *whew*

the weather ceases tuesday... i believe...

my dad put betonitine around the house and it seemed to help some to avoid the water coming in basement. my basement water is gone, and my friend and i washed the dirt and sewer smell out with the hose... i'm glad i didn't have anything in the basement *whew*

Oh that is great. I know how it feels and surely it is a nightmare. I hope that stuff will work for a long time. Did you make sure the sewer didn't burst? It did happened to my dad twice that he had to replace it because of flooding...grrrr....but once a lightning struck it. It cost over 10,000 back then.

no -- the landlord will take care of everything we need for the house.. its landlord responsibilities cuz i don't own this house though.... I even told him i wanted sewer plug to prevent the water coming in basement too much, also. I didn't have the sewer plug here at all since i moved in.

Yeah, I had experience with flooding in the basement when the washer's hose was leaking . It was a mess and I had to use a lot of towels and mop up the mess for sure. The other time in Utah, I lived in a basement apartment. The neighbor upstairs had a washing machine that broke and it leaked into our unit and flooded the place and the guys had to come over to clean up the mess and use a blower for a few days to dry the carpet and stuff. Also, in Seattle at a small 1 bedroom apt I lived in had a leak from the lobby that was leaking water from the fire sprinkler that failed, uh oh! So, that makes 3 times in my lifetime with minor flooding...nothing major. I hope you will be able to find a better place to live for sure. :)

i'll show a few pics....

my next door was on vacation and have a lot of stuff to clean up and it was a mess for my neighbor... poor them.... gonna upload some pics...

l9b9e7ef0c894692dc53a52ff4.jpg

l162114740a65900cb71eafpg1.jpg

laf2ff8166564d6e2ff2c0evm9.jpg

l16803830bfa9d5d2110d1aod1.jpg

049sg2.th.jpg

050yx7.th.jpg

have anyone ever experience flood in basement?

or

have anyone ever experience the leaking from the roof?

I have couple of days ago. it was HORRIBLE... :( 8 inches of rain for 3 days in a row. gosh....

basement was flooded abt 4 or 6 inches... because the sewer was backed up cuz too much water around here and they couldn't do anything about it. good thing i have sump pump to make the water go away when its possible....

i also have lots of leaking in my 2nd bedroom for guest room but i called it computer room but i moved my computer out and all that from there.... and my goodness -- And what turns me off is my landlord is so CHEAP... :-x I don't think i will live here any longer til my lease is over this following summer. ugh...

How did you did a flood in your basement is there a bad waterproofing walls in your basement that allow the water to enter your basement? or is it all from the roof? I'm sorry you're going through that, it must sucks.

I noticed on the ceiling pictures, there was a previous leak there before this recent rainstorm....

Now, I see it, I didn't view the pictures until I submitted my post. If I were you, I'll report him to the city, and they will send an inspector over to your house, Your landlord would have to fix it, he can't argue with the city. :D

Now, I see it, I didn't view the pictures until I submitted my post. If I were you, I'll report him to the city, and they will send an inspector over to your house, Your landlord would have to fix it, he can't argue with the city. :D

True and when you move out.....you'll know what to look for in your next place!

It did look bad. I hope the landlord will take care of this matter sooner or later. Did your landlord ever got the house inspected?

It did look bad. I hope the landlord will take care of this matter sooner or later. Did your landlord ever got the house inspected?

i dont think landlord did get the house inspected.... but my landlord did finally come over and do some stuff that is needed to be done, only one plm is the roof. i dont trust its completely fixed...

my dad is a roofer so my dad will check tmw and have someone come over to inspect the roof... i took pics and its all proof if landlord wont get it fix and i can report to the city... i will find out more tomorrow when dad sees whats is need to be fix and i hope landlord will fix and paint too as well.

i dont think landlord did get the house inspected.... but my landlord did finally come over and do some stuff that is needed to be done, only one plm is the roof. i dont trust its completely fixed...

my dad is a roofer so my dad will check tmw and have someone come over to inspect the roof... i took pics and its all proof if landlord wont get it fix and i can report to the city... i will find out more tomorrow when dad sees whats is need to be fix and i hope landlord will fix and paint too as well.

Yikes, The damages in the pictures looks really bad. Hopefully, the landlord will be able to take actions on this to make the basement a safe place. If not, You can also check out the tenant's rights regarding to this matter as well. :)

Good luck, let us know how it went. Don't worry about upsetting your landlord if you report him to the city, it's the only way to make the landlord fix it right. You don't deserved to live like this, and he's taking advantage of your rent money.

I got one of those lazy landlord, I had reported him to the city a couple times, that's the only way to get him to do it. :)

Back