"Fixing" the child or not?

You have been told where you have it wrong according to me and other posters houndred of times. I have nothing more to add really.

I don't want to appear rude, especially to parents who seek out the deaf community, but I am done with this discussion and your repeated claims. It's so much more other things to talk about.

I really don't understand what my "repeated claims" are.

You asked me a direct question, I answered clearly and directly. You said you disagreed, so I asked what you disagreed with.

You asked me a direct question, I answered clearly and directly. You said you disagreed, so I asked what you disagreed with.

I only asked about taking away children when refusing to implant CI. You made a reply and answered that. Thank you for the reply. I agree with you there. But you also wrote about other things that I did not ask about, and that part, I never asked to discuss, and I also refuse to do so for the reasons already stated.

Well, one thing led to another thing as you claimed every time you said that you are into the Deaf Culture or Deaf Community and then turned around that you want your child to have every possible spoken language and listening which is way out of our league. A lot of us seem to be turn off every time you worded your sentences. That is why Jillio said that you need to paid attention to deaf perspective which mean you listen to the deaf people as we, the deaf people, know because we are deaf. You have no idea what deafness is like and we are really proud to be deaf without hearing aid or CI. There is nothing to be ashame of her being deaf, even if she is hard of hearing. So get a life and move on. :roll:

Well, one thing led to another thing as you claimed every time you said that you are into the Deaf Culture or Deaf Community and then turned around that you want your child to have every possible spoken language and listening which is way out of our league. A lot of us seem to be turn off every time you worded your sentences. That is why Jillio said that you need to paid attention to deaf perspective which mean you listen to the deaf people as we, the deaf people, know because we are deaf. You have no idea what deafness is like and we are really proud to be deaf without hearing aid or CI. There is nothing to be ashame of her being deaf, even if she is hard of hearing. So get a life and move on. :roll:

My daughter can have both, she can listen and speak AND be a part of the Deaf community and use ASL. Why wouldn't I want my child to be a part of both worlds?

It is great that you choose to not use a CI or hearing aid, but there are plenty of people who here who use them and love them too.

Sadly, Lee Larsen did not regain custody of her sons.

So unfortunately, Kyron and Christian Robinson has been adopted and implanted with CIs.

I don't understand how the boys came to be adopted. Did the mother and father terminate their parental rights?

Newsflash

Thanks for the update information. I had googled "Lee Larson" and didn't find this.

:bump:

EDIT: Well, I bumped this because I thought it's worthy to discuss some interesting thoughts. I should refresh this thread out that we should be encouraged to discuss something instead of focusing old debated posts. From now, ignore all of these old posts here and try to refresh this out...

Now, let's focus on a few questions that we discuss:

If CI do not restore or fix some hearing degrees, then why the surgery? I think the surgery has always been for the purpose of fixing something...

Last edited:
One thing that bother me the most is why put the devices in the cochlear if this devices were not working or does not respond when the deaf child could not hear it? Why the child have to endure having to be left in with the devices in his cochlear? The child will have to go for another surgery to take the devices out just like Travis did. Surgery is suppose to save a life but being deaf is not disease or not in dangerous health. It is not a life threatening thing. They can deal with the hearing aid or none at all. I wonder if the device in the cochlear can last like the computer or the car or the house. It probably last about 5 to 10 years or more. :hmm:

The disadvantages and health hazards outweigh the benefits for CI. See that small puddle with a broke electric wire? Step on it. Bam, you're dead; now you have a microwaved brain.

Back