First post!

Sheila

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I just wanted to drop in and see what's going on. I'm 22 years old, I live in Denver, CO, and I am a sign language interpreter. Let me know if you're in the area! I would love to meet new Deaf and HofH people.

Welcome to the boards, how did you become an interpreter so young? Do you have a deaf relative or did you take up ASL in school??

I want to enter the program but cant until next year

Hello from Bluegrass

Welcome to AD. I worked at IBM Boulder YEARS ago and would love to go back there for vacation. You might want to check out ColoradoDeaf.com. I stumbled acrossed it a couple of years ago.

Welcome to the boards, how did you become an interpreter so young? Do you have a deaf relative or did you take up ASL in school??

I want to enter the program but cant until next year

I started taking ASL my first year in college (2002). Then 2 years passed and I decided I wanted to become an interpreter and joined a 2 year program in southern Colorado. They actually have programs popping up all over that offer a BA in interpreting, but I got the AAS... I might go back for a BA later.

As for Deaf family... None. I am a NERDA (Not Even Related to a Deaf Adult). :cry: So I am really trying to be more involved in the Deaf Community. I don't get to sign very often outside of interpreting.

And thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone!! :ty:

Last edited:
Welcome to AD, Sheila! Awww, that's too bad...we were just in Denver for a bowling tournament over the long Memorial Day week-end up in Northglenn...

Back