First Deaf Bank President Ever

JMD

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've written an article about Jim Meisser, who has opened a bank in Wisconsin, and who by all measures appears to be the country's first deaf bank president. I was honored to write such a story - as a business writer, it's not often you run into people who are truly breaking barriers. The article is currently running here:

Miller-McCune | Article | Money Talks — But What If You Can’t Hear?

Just in the interest of disclosure: I am not in any way affiliated with the bank and contribute to Miller-McCune as a freelance writer and do not represent its management. I have no direct financial incentive in bringing traffic to their site. I suppose I might benefit from future opportunities to be published by them if an article of mine is considered a bit popular, but I already have an ongoing relationship with the publication, so it wouldn't get me much. Nevertheless, I hesitated to post a link on this board for fear of coming off as even a little self serving, but in the end I decided Jim and his wife's story worthy of going out on a limb for in a public forum that will likely be receptive. I hope that the topic may be of interest to some on these boards, and that I might therefore be so indulged by its participants.

Best Regards,

JMD

Oh, and one more thing -

I'm keen on doing a follow-up down the road, and would be grateful for any feedback, thoughts, etc. I'll keep an eye on this thread. If you'd like my e-mail address, please PM me.

JMD

Hello -

I remember coming across an article last year regarding of this same person who was trying to aim to become the first deaf bank president. You can read this thread that I've posted from last year.

Now, That has officially happened and I must say, that has not been one easy task for Jim Meisser. He did it with all his might and a congratulations is in order for him to make the history.

Nevertheless, Your article says it all and it is eloquently well put. I believe this is one barrier that is able to bridge the gap.

This is a friendly reminder - For one to use the PM feature, You need to have 100 posts or more in order to be able to use the PM feature.

This is great!

I think more of this could happen, if people would just cooperate more... it is surprising what is possible.

Some of us have to work harder than others, that is just a fact, deaf or whatever. But if people would just get along with each other, and remove unnecessary obstacles, and allow people to fulfill their potential, we could see more things like this, and I think it would be a happier world overall.

This is great!

I think more of this could happen, if people would just cooperate more... it is surprising what is possible.

Some of us have to work harder than others, that is just a fact, deaf or whatever. But if people would just get along with each other, and remove unnecessary obstacles, and allow people to fulfill their potential, we could see more things like this, and I think it would be a happier world overall.

Well said!, I agree! :)

a good friend of mine

I have a long time college good friend he is married has great family he owns a bank in okla so what!!! heheh anybody can be anything they want to be as long as they put thier time into it u know

Back