Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No, they are not illegal

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Does your city/county ban fireworks?

Some of California is kind of weird, lighting fireworks are illegal in a lot of cities, but it's legal in a city right down the street so people can buy it next door.

Canadian and Australian and other countries are welcome to share their experience too.

yup. ban ban ban in NJ and NY.

Banned here, but people go over the border to Missouri and bring them back. They have huge fireworks stands on the border.

depend on Canada is bylaw experience firework lighting illegal, I reading on my area, said.

We ask all residents to obey the bylaw,” stated Fire Marshal Wayne Roger. “Fireworks and even sparklers, which may seem harmless, burn at extremely hot temperatures and can ignite clothing,” he added. serious!!

Saskatoon Fire and Protective Services (SFPS) reminds residents that the improper use of fireworks could lead to serious injury or death, and that it is illegal to use fireworks in a public area without a permit.

My doggie and previous doggies were always terrified of fireworks...(very loud)...Do believe they are banned here in Florida also...as the past few years, it was so dry....but...people still shoot them off. And have seen lots of firework stands...some are legal, some are illegal...I don't buy them anymore.

Not sure if the City will have fireworks at The Landing (downtown) as they did every year, along the St, Johns River....I stay home that night, because of my pets.

Sort of, those that are airborne types are banned, but stationary types are not.

My doggie and previous doggies were always terrified of fireworks...(very loud)...Do believe they are banned here in Florida also...as the past few years, it was so dry....but...people still shoot them off. And have seen lots of firework stands...some are legal, some are illegal...I don't buy them anymore.

Not sure if the City will have fireworks at The Landing (downtown) as they did every year, along the St, Johns River....I stay home that night, because of my pets.

Jax may be under the same restrictions as Tampa.

Crazy but they are legal here. Firework stands on every corner. Every year I am amazed they are still allowed. With this heat, dryness and all the fires they should be banned. Fireworks that you can shoot in the air are illegal though.

Same here ... the large fireworks that go BOOM are illegal in NC but you can still get small stuff like sparklers or the things that pop when you throw them on the ground ... but in SC its legal and alot go there to buy them to bring back to NC ... when I lived in Ohio it was illegal there too but could get stuff in Indiana ... on a trip to Indianapolis we stopped at a fireworks place and I bought some uhhh mini dynamite kind of they were the size of my index finger and they were called varmint killers and I had to sign a release to buy them ... I set one off in the yard and it made a crater in the ground and cleared the grass for a foot around it.:D

Same here ... the large fireworks that go BOOM are illegal in NC but you can still get small stuff like sparklers or the things that pop when you throw them on the ground ... but in SC its legal and alot go there to buy them to bring back to NC ... when I lived in Ohio it was illegal there too but could get stuff in Indiana ... on a trip to Indianapolis we stopped at a fireworks place and I bought some uhhh mini dynamite kind of they were the size of my index finger and they were called varmint killers and I had to sign a release to buy them ... I set one off in the yard and it made a crater in the ground and cleared the grass for a foot around it.:D

We called them black cats long ago! LOL @ "varmint killers"

We called them black cats long ago! LOL @ "varmint killers"

I know right .... but that's what they called them ... they had an instruction sheet you got with them ... had a tree with a rope hanging down from a limb with one tied to the end over a mole hill :eek3: like something you'd see on Itchy & Scratchy!!

Our area has large public fireworks displays. We can also buy fireworks for private use at roadside stands and large fireworks stores. They are allowed all over the state but some neighborhoods prohibit them (though that doesn't seem to stop them).

Banned here in the city limits of Jefferson county, but they have tents up everywhere even at the walmart....how can they sell it if its banned?

Illegal in this county... in another county can have ground fireworks..from ground to air fireworks illegal.

Crazy but they are legal here. Firework stands on every corner. Every year I am amazed they are still allowed. With this heat, dryness and all the fires they should be banned. Fireworks that you can shoot in the air are illegal though.

Its funny because I am only one county away from you (15 minutes) and they are banned here. I drive to your city to buy them lol. I just bought a whole bunch a few days ago :naughty:

Fireworks is banned in Western Australia for general uses, but funny thing is you can buy sparklers all year round. (I dunno about other states in Australia)

As for New Zealand, it's illegal to buy fireworks anytime, except you can buy of fireworks legally before guy fawkes day on four-day period from 2 November until 5.

Illegal here but I got em and fool around em anyway.

M-80 is illegal everywhere, yet I can get em and kaboom em. Its not that hard to get em.

They are really pushing it here in Boston because of the bombings. Before the bombing it was illegal, but there was not as much of a push to stop it as there is now.

I am not sure... I don't think they are. I will have to look it up.

Back