fire and smoke alarm

lovezebras

Reaction score
Finally got my apt building to install fire strobe and audible alarm and same with smoke alarm. Smoke alarms in my room and fire is by the front door. I feel a lot safer in case my mom isn't home now for drills and in case there is a real fire.

That's cool! Better late then never. :)

How does an apt building fire alarm actually work due to being many area of possible fire causes?

It will go off for the whole building lol there was a fire in an apt on one of the higher floors and the whole building had to evacuate. it was a pain in the rear end ..i was getting ready for work..or trying to at least lol my dog was shaking he HATES the noise..i dunno how he'd react to the noise and strobes haha

My stepfather put a strobe light fire alarm above my closet in my bedroom.

I warned him not to press the button when he was at the top of the ladder. I'll do it with my hearing aids off.

Silly man, he pressed the button and wondered why he was deaf and blind for a good 10 minutes.

After he got his senses back. I told him, 'Now you know why it's called a Deaf Person's Fire Alarm'. lol

My fire alarm sends separate flashing things off round the house, I don't actually think my alarms makes any noises at all.

I have the Bellman and Symfon system which has just teamed up with Unitron so anyone with a Bellman and Symfon system and Unitron HAs will now have the signals for fire alarms etc straight to their HAs and at night, it'll be a vibrating pad. Thought that was pretty cool!

Back