Fingernails and toenails

Mimsy

Reaction score
Do you go to a salon to have your nails polished or do it yourself, or you don't polish your nails?

I get my toenails done at a salon because they give a good foot massage, but I do my own fingernails. I just can't see spending $25 every two weeks to have both done professionally. But most of my friends do.

Last edited:
I splurge on occasion, but when I do it myself, I stick to French mani/pedicure. SO not a fan of hot red nail polish! :lol:

Mimsy, somebody wants a manicure of two coats worth of HOT red nail polish! :lol:

I wish I had passion for the colored nails or french. But I dont like wasting $$ on them when i get cut on my nails too often. if they offers 5 bucks then i would! :)

:giggle: Ok I'll change the title and wait for your answer.

Oh I was kidding ya. But yeah golfers often get manicures. No painting. :lol: It helps increase the feel in the hands which is very important. The wax especially helps.

Had my nails done several times...just could not deal with those fake fingernails!...Pretty...sure!...but the things I have to do around home, I felt like Edward Scissorhands....So I do my own, and no fake nails at all...as for my toenails, never....And the "smell" in those salons....horrific!...One thing for sure, I would never work there, especially with anyone's toenails....ewwwww.....

It's all too much bother for me. I trim them myself. No polish ever.

Never been to a salon for nails, either fingers or toes. Never in the budget. Take care of them myself. :P

Had my nails done several times...just could not deal with those fake fingernails!...Pretty...sure!...but the things I have to do around home, I felt like Edward Scissorhands....So I do my own, and no fake nails at all...as for my toenails, never....And the "smell" in those salons....horrific!...One thing for sure, I would never work there, especially with anyone's toenails....ewwwww.....

Same here, and when I was working and could have afforded it, I saw no point. I typed on computer keyboards for a living. Short nails are much better for fast touch typing. :P And with dogs, and daily living, polish got nicked and had to be touched up, and long nails got in the way, so never kept my nails long. Used to polish fingernails, but the upkeep was a PITA, IMO. So never did it consistently. Just for special occasions. Otherwise my nails are "naked," LOL! :D I can't imagine also how the poor people who have to work in those places every day, don't have damaged lungs from breathing all that crap in the air... :shock:

Well - I have to trim the ones for all my family. MIL's are the worst. We keep lots of latex gloves in the house.

My boys trim their own and make sure the discarded nails are in the trash can.

My boys trim their own and make sure the discarded nails are in the trash can.

My brothers used to trim their nails in the bathroom sink and leave them there, as well as all over the sink area. <<PUKE>> My mom put a Stop to that!

I can't imagine someone else touching my feet (or touching anyone else's feet but my husband's or kids'). I just got my nails done for the second time ever and was ho-hum about it. I'm going to try doing them myself for a while (acrylic, white tips)...but if that doesn't pan out well, I'll just go back to ugly thin unpainted nails. I do paint my toenails, but not very often. It lasts a long time.

i do go get them done if going something special but i hate filing and emory bords make my skin crawl it hurts.the false nails i forget got them on and bite them or pick them.i rather do them myelf.the smell in those salons is bad

Hmm... really no guys get their nails done? Well I get my hands done kinda regular. I had a pedicure once. Doubt that will ever happen again. Usually my sister and I go to the nail place together and catch up and such.

I was a medical assistant at a podiatry clinic for a while. I can assure you that ewww doesn't cover it. :giggle:

Hmm... really no guys get their nails done? Well I get my hands done kinda regular. I had a pedicure once. Doubt that will ever happen again. Usually my sister and I go to the nail place together and catch up and such.

There are lots of guys that go for manicures around here. No nail polish of course, but just the nail maintenance. Guys, if you have scraggly cuticles, go get your nails done! :giggle:

Back