Finally sold my house and closed the sale today.

You picked a nice state to move to. Lots of outdoors activities to do there.

Wish you luck on your rental, and potentially a new house.

Picked? I grew up in Washington and Oregon!

Yes, "picked." Out of all the states, you could had gone to North Carolina or whatever state is popular these days for new jobs and careers. So, you picked a nice region to be in.

Yes, "picked." Out of all the states, you could had gone to North Carolina or whatever state is popular these days for new jobs and careers. So, you picked a nice region to be in.

It wasn't "picked" but a goal of my wife and I to return to the northwest someday. We both grew up in Washington. I already worked and lived in N.C. (Asheville) for two years before moving to New Mexico as part of my promotion and continued westward direction. We lived there for several years before I finally got a chance to continue my westward goal but more to the north to settle in the northwest...finally. That was my plan all along since 1997 in my professional line of work. I set out to make sure that happens so we both can return to our roots.

It wasn't "picked" but a goal of my wife and I to return to the northwest someday. We both grew up in Washington. I already worked and lived in N.C. (Asheville) for two years before moving to New Mexico as part of my promotion and continued westward direction. We lived there for several years before I finally got a chance to continue my westward goal but more to the north to settle in the northwest...finally. That was my plan all along since 1997 in my professional line of work. I set out to make sure that happens so we both can return to our roots.

how are your kids taking it about moving around?

Nothing to do with politics but my roots, my history, my nearby relatives and the mountains.

Nothing to do with politics but my roots, my history, my nearby relatives and the mountains.

oh I know. just a funny thought. It's good that you're back to your roots after long years of hard effort.

They really wanted to move and get out of New Mexico. We all did.

that bad? hhmm.... I'll have to find out what New Mexico is like! based on what I read from your link, it sounds more like for people looking for a nice quiet life and nice weather all year-around.

It was a planned effort.

Besides, rural areas are mostly red where I live and work.

Congrat your sold on house, it seems like must be tough.

It was a planned effort.

Besides, rural areas are mostly red where I live and work.

Yup, rural and small town are trends to be more conservative than in city, I live in small city/rural that's very red.

Yes, and my next one will be even nicer. I'll take my time in 2010 on that one. No hurry since I'm living in a rental house for now.

Do you have that time?

You have a relatively short window of opportunity to reinvest money from the sale of your last house into other property before you find yourself having to pay capital gains tax.

I remember a man who could not find a home to suit him during the time period so he wound up buying a bunch of rentals and became a slumlord.

I hope you find the house of your dreams. :)

Congratulations on finally getting it sold. I don't know why it took that long to get it sold because it's a beautiful house. ;)

Congrats on the sale of your house. I just sold a condo in Ruidoso.......I was lucky, it went quickly. Still have a summer house in Alto. Love it there.....not much to do though unless you go camping or play golf.

Do you have that time?

You have a relatively short window of opportunity to reinvest money from the sale of your last house into other property before you find yourself having to pay capital gains tax.

I have two years. Plenty of time.

Back