Few very hot topics should be banned

Have you read the messages in their forums? (Landoverbapist.net)

It's really hilarious, however its a satire at a high level, high enough to lure and fool many people into trying to be "saved". I'd say they're doing a good job, but good riddance should they come to a unfortunate event. Not so funny and trollin anymore... :lol:

Come check the Harry Potter section for yourself.

Edit: I don't approve the messages nor have hate against any religion, but the site will delete messages and ban those trying to send message about the site being fake.

i got to go there and have a laugh

Simply, let it go. Don't let the abortion issue gets to you and focus in your little world.

religious is a long long long long complicated issue more than any subject issues. trust me on this.

enjoy the reality. :)

That's not debate - that's a 'christian' hate site where they blatantly call outsiders 'unsaved trash' and they openly preach out against homosexuality and encourage their members to hate homosexuals and to blame homosexuals for all of the troubles of the USA....(
That sounds like the Westboro group that tries to disrupt military funerals. Ugh!

Wirelessly posted

Religion has been around for ages. You want to ban abortion threads; then you'll have to ban parenting threads. They go hand in hand. You want to ban CI threads, you'll need to ban the ASL/sign language threads for they go hand in hand. Ban oil? Ban car discussions too! Seriously what kind of a life does one person lead if he/she expects others to follow his/her very wrong shortcomings. Everyone has a right to discuss whatever they wish to- with courtesy and respect. This is something I can speak highly of Reba who has gone through so many highly-charged religious debates and has yet lost her cool. I do wish more people emulated her. Namaste.

Wise words from Mrs Bucket who is rapidly approaching the moment: birth of her twins.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

If an abortion topic affects the deaf community, then it should absolutely be discussed. Every woman is affected by it though, and it's certainly not just a religious debate.

Well, then what if a religious topic affects the deaf community??

I remember once topic serious! I am not involved on debate on topic issues! that is why!

Hot topics currently debated legally per AD rules include:
  • Abortion
  • Liberals vs Conservatives
  • Illegal immigrants
  • Gun control
  • Cochlear implants for children
  • Audism
  • National debt

I know I missed many others. I personally would love to discuss religion. We all have opinions, and rarely will we always agree. There are things we can learn from other opinions. Variety is the spice of life.

I'm glad I made this thread to make flame but I actually learned a lot! Thanks guys!

I will quote you so your words don't "go to the cornfield" right away. It is pretty obvious that you like to stir the pot a bit. Good luck with that.

Wirelessly posted

Religion has been around for ages. You want to ban abortion threads; then you'll have to ban parenting threads. They go hand in hand. You want to ban CI threads, you'll need to ban the ASL/sign language threads for they go hand in hand. Ban oil? Ban car discussions too! Seriously what kind of a life does one person lead if he/she expects others to follow his/her very wrong shortcomings. Everyone has a right to discuss whatever they wish to- with courtesy and respect. This is something I can speak highly of Reba who has gone through so many highly-charged religious debates and has yet lost her cool. I do wish more people emulated her. Namaste.

Totally agree with you on this.

The only thing I can say about the religious subforum being locked is that people DIDN'T debate with curteousy and respect. It often got very ugly. In fact, if some could have drawn blood on here, they WOULD have! It got that ugly.

However, the same can be said of the CI forum threads, too; yet that forum remains open. The only answer I have for that is that hearing devices impact the deaf directly; whereas religion doesn't? :dunno:

Wirelessly posted

JoeyDeafNinja said:
I'm glad I made this thread to make flame but I actually learned a lot! Thanks guys!

Like saywhatkid said, I am going to quote you so you may or may not need to eat your words later. You have a LOT to learn about debating. I've seen a pet thread flamed up all because a member couldnt learn how to separate her histrionics from her logical thinking. She felt all pitbulls should be exterminated based on the actions of bad owners. It was a horrible thread and didnt help that her clique of friends would gang up on others who disagreed with her. It made debating very uncomfortable in this forum. It's not just hot topics- anything goes!

Hot topics currently debated legally per AD rules include:b
  • Abortion
  • Illegal immigrants
  • Gun control
  • Audism
  • National debt

I know I missed many others. I personally would love to discuss religion. We all have opinions, and rarely will we always agree. There are things we can learn from other opinions. Variety is the spice of life.

Good point Mrs. Bucket, that rarely will we always agree comment. If we all agreed there probably wouldn't be a debate

Hot topics currently debated legally per AD rules include:
  • Abortion
  • Illegal immigrants
  • Gun control
  • Audism
  • National debt

I agree you! I think so good idea point! you are right!

Good point Mrs. Bucket, that rarely will we always agree. If we all agreed there probably wouldn't be a debate

if everyone had only agreeing posters in their topics, this forum would probably be dead and boring. :whistle:
It would end up being "yes, I agree" repeated in different wording by 30+ members, bandwagon style.

OTOH Joe is pretty new, that's somewhat all that needs to be said.

Joey should be banned for failing his goal in this thread.
Fixed that for ya.

Motion for approval.

Ahh, since no one is arguing as you had wanted, you want the thread closed.

Typical trolling behavior. Just saying.

Trolls should be banned, too.

Back