Feeling Lonely

Well right now I just read do some window shopping and walk the railroad tracks by my house
I hope you're careful about walking the RR tracks , there been a few people hurt and killed doing that in my state.

I'm my state it only goes by every few hours at most

I'm my state it only goes by every few hours at most

But you cannot rely on when they'll go through - they don't always run "on time" AND you cannot rely on your hearing aids to let you know when one is coming.

STAY OFF THE TRACKS and the right-of-way - the area on either side of the tracks. It's dangerous and illegal.

Agree with LoveBlue; please stay away from the train tracks. There may be a time when your HAs will fail you, you could also slip/fall. Nothing is guaranteed. My aunt used to work for Amtrak. Accidents are more common than you may think...

That may be so... but many of us would rather you be safe than dead. Just concerned posters.

That said- you did happen to mention what you liked to do so our response isn't exactly off topic....

Regardless of what we think, it is up to the OP to call "off topic" or not. I am sure he is aware of the dangers while out exploring. I too, grew up in a very small town and did alot of exploring. It helps pass the time.

That may be so... but many of us would rather you be safe than dead. Just concerned posters.

That said- you did happen to mention what you liked to do so our response isn't exactly off topic....
Thank you for your concern I don't really think about it to much cause I don't feel Alot of self worth

Our area has many people killed or maimed from being on train tracks at the wrong time. It's terrible. :(

The teenage son of one of our friends was standing on train tracks when he jumped off at last minute. Sadly, the air pressure of the passing train sucked him closer and he badly damaged one side of his body. It took months of rehabilitation to get him functional again, and he still has lingering bad affects and scars from the accident.

I don't feel Alot of self worth

I see myself in you when I was younger. You are worth your weight in gold to us here on AD. Stick around. Read some threads. Contribute. Live. Learn and grow. You will be fine.

PS: Feel free to PM me any time.

Do you attend college? Do you have a job? What are your interests? Can you move to another town or city that might offer you more opportunities? Do you have family members who can help you?

If you are depressed, maybe a doctor or counselor can help you.

Even if you don't "feel" worthy, you are still a valuable human being. There are ways you can reach out to other people in your community who might need more help than you do. The best way to get friends is to become a friend to others--show an interest in other people, not just yourself.

Do you attend college? Do you have a job? What are your interests? Can you move to another town or city that might offer you more opportunities? Do you have family members who can help you?

If you are depressed, maybe a doctor or counselor can help you.

Even if you don't "feel" worthy, you are still a valuable human being. There are ways you can reach out to other people in your community who might need more help than you do. The best way to get friends is to become a friend to others--show an interest in other people, not just yourself.

The OP could help at an animal shelter too, there a lot of unwanted pets that would love to have some take them for a walk or just talk to them.
If I see someone using a cane heading toward the grocery store I will ask if they want a wagon and get one for them , I gave mine to a lady that needed it
more than I did. The person is always they surprises by the act of kindness and is works both way .

We just lost a 14 year old in our community. Took his own life. Seems like a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Especially at 14!! We can't know other's demons.

Only advice I have is keep walking the tracks. I grew up in a small town and spent many a happy walk from one town to another. Hunting and fishing along the way.. Visited "Hobo camp" and liived to tell the tale!! Many here seem to be "urbanizing" the tracks. It can be a cool place. Yeah, you are probably trespassing. Big whoop!

How about you get involved in a youth group. THEY could use your help!!! More than you know. Just repsect them and treat them like "people". You may be surprised how needed/accepted you will be. YOU are in charge of taking the next, rewarding, best step. No one else.

Good Luck

Are you able to move , I am not sure how old you're but I see you live in Massachusetts , and there are a lot other towns and cities that have more deaf events
to go . I grew up in a very small town in Massachusetts and I know it can be hard to made friends , I made more friends when I moved to Boston . You could try and see what towns the train stop at and Google the towns and see what is going on there . There are a lot of events going on now that is getting warmer out and you would met
new people this way .

Try the community/entertainment section or something like that in the newspaper - they usually have all the current and upcoming happenings posted.
Go and join whatever you think sound interesting!

Fuzzy

Back