Feedback request - notification when quoted in any post.

Deaf Mortgage

Reaction score
I am wondering if people would be interested to know if someone did click on quoted on our post and replied directly to our post. We get notification that someone replied to our post. Similar to subscription to thread or forum but more interaction with individual quotes.

That way we all can stay in touch. Sometime I have seen some post are responded but I overlooked myself on several responds.

Good idea? Do quotes numbers next to threads.

You mean "Default Thread Subscription Mode"? I want the same thing without been sent via email. It would be better if it add "Normal Subscription" in the "Default Thread Subscription Mode"

Agreed. Signed.

Please Alex

If you go to Thread Tools. You will see

Subscription from this Thread. Click on it.

Next window show up will see
Notification types:
No emails (This is where I always choose and find all scribed thread under USER CP click on top left).
Insant notification by email
Daily updates by email
weekly updates by email

Folder:
Subscription

These is what I use often to keep track of each threads and forum to answers. Wanted to add quote subscription. So if someone quoted my post, I want to know and be able to read and respond if necessary.

Thanks, I didn't realize "No email" does notification. And I also would like what you want. Signed.

Its nice to know there ally with idea.

At least I am throwing in 2 cent of idea to see if make easier function for all of us. I know several people are complaining that some people are ignoring their post but often I noticed, they do respond.

I guess not many people are reading this and not respond.... umm.

Well, there is an option if you want the thread to notify you that it has been receiving the replies in the thread by enabling the subscription in the CP, if you do not want to get emails, only to check regularly in CP for the new replies, is that what you want, or not?

Well, there is an option if you want the thread to notify you that it has been receiving the replies in the thread by enabling the subscription in the CP, if you do not want to get emails, only to check regularly in CP for the new replies, is that what you want, or not?

I just clicked on quote button... did it alert you that I am quoting your statement?

That what I am looking for. I know I can get alert that someone posted in thread or a forum. But i want to be alerted when someone quoted my statement and respond to it.

I understand what you mean now, but I am not sure if this is possible unless there is a HTML code to do it, I think Alex might need to hire a developer :laugh2:

I dunno if it's possible since quoting someone doesn't always work.

Some members will reply to a post without quoting.

I dunno if it's possible since quoting someone doesn't always work.

Some members will reply to a post without quoting.

If careful how to quote, they should be ok.

I know some people do not quote one another. That ok. But a serious debate will quote each other. You want to keep track of serious debates than those minor discussions. I am sure some will enjoy that feature.

If careful how to quote, they should be ok.

I know some people do not quote one another. That ok. But a serious debate will quote each other. You want to keep track of serious debates than those minor discussions. I am sure some will enjoy that feature.
I usually remember what threads I posted in. If the thread is appealing enough to me, then I'll know that I've likely posted in there before and will easily recognize it later on.

As for threads that don't appeal to me, I'll just skim through to make sure everything is alright.

You can always use the subscription feature. :thumb:

Back