FCC and 10 digits is a milestone but not 100% freedom

Sorenson is asking the Commission to continue to allow the use of proxy numbers.

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=6520038528

I don't think that they keep Sorenson VRS users' proxy numbers in VP. If users move out of state or city, should change proxy numbers cuz reason of e911 system. I had moved out last two years and should change different area code but have same old proxy numbers in my new place.

Every time fcc make a ruling, Sorenson complains. It appears that they are milking the money as much as they can.

My understanding Sorenson want as much VRS minutes as possible. The true reason they dont want hearing to have access to videophone, so that force hearing use VRS to call deaf.

This type of fight for full accessible is a long fight. That the reason I am asking FCC to reconsider and fix the ruling. Tying the ten digit number to one videophone is outdated. It need to be modified to multi device in a home. That way it will allow multi user in home, apartment, dorm etc... You name it, more control to us of where the phone number goes. Profile, registration required and continue to regulate it fully.

I continue to ask for 8 videophone to one 10 digit number for a reason. That will give us full access in a home where videophone is in kitchen, living room, bedroom, garage, backyard, office, basement, upstair if needed and anywhere that you often pass by. I dont want to run from upstairs to 1st floor to answer a videophone. Hearing people dont do that. They have a phone in every room in the house. I want the same equality.

Every time fcc make a ruling, Sorenson complains. It appears that they are milking the money as much as they can.

My understanding Sorenson want as much VRS minutes as possible. The true reason they dont want hearing to have access to videophone, so that force hearing use VRS to call deaf.

This type of fight for full accessible is a long fight. That the reason I am asking FCC to reconsider and fix the ruling. Tying the ten digit number to one videophone is outdated. It need to be modified to multi device in a home. That way it will allow multi user in home, apartment, dorm etc... You name it, more control to us of where the phone number goes. Profile, registration required and continue to regulate it fully.

I continue to ask for 8 videophone to one 10 digit number for a reason. That will give us full access in a home where videophone is in kitchen, living room, bedroom, garage, backyard, office, basement, upstair if needed and anywhere that you often pass by. I dont want to run from upstairs to 1st floor to answer a videophone. Hearing people dont do that. They have a phone in every room in the house. I want the same equality.

additional to this - think of deaf that are physically disabled. They will not be able to move as fast as they can to a videophone.

Or

Senior citizen at age of 80, they will not be able to move fast to a videophone and what if they fell? They cant dial 911. That if they dont have pager on them. Yet the pager do not have 911 profile and its mobile. Its easier to assign 911 profile to a home that does not change often.

I continue to ask for 8 videophone to one 10 digit number for a reason. That will give us full access in a home where videophone is in kitchen, living room, bedroom, garage, backyard, office, basement, upstair if needed and anywhere that you often pass by. I dont want to run from upstairs to 1st floor to answer a videophone. Hearing people dont do that. They have a phone in every room in the house. I want the same equality.[/QUOTE]

Second, single phone number in few videophone in every room!! Same as each phone in every room.

I had worked for Sorenson in three years. Sorenson had pressured our installers to new deaf customers to use VRS to call hearing than call dearies later. If installers were nothing to explain them for using VRS, Sorenson won't pay for us. That s BS.

Senior citizen at age of 80, they will not be able to move fast to a videophone and what if they fell? They cant dial 911. That if they dont have pager on them. Yet the pager do not have 911 profile and its mobile. Its easier to assign 911 profile to a home that does not change often.[/QUOTE]

Right, We need e911 system (not traditional 911) in videophone till end of December 31 by FCC rule. Sorenson VRS, ATT Vrs and few VRS have 911 systems. Deafies have send info of address, city and state to VRS that were waste of time. That not so worth.

Senior citizen can dial one as e911 in vp once and may use ASL or not before emergency service is coming faster.

Senior citizen at age of 80, they will not be able to move fast to a videophone and what if they fell? They cant dial 911. That if they dont have pager on them. Yet the pager do not have 911 profile and its mobile. Its easier to assign 911 profile to a home that does not change often.

Right, We need e911 system (not traditional 911) in videophone till end of December 31 by FCC rule. Sorenson VRS, ATT Vrs and few VRS have 911 systems. Deafies have send info of address, city and state to VRS that were waste of time. That not so worth.

Senior citizen can dial one as e911 in vp once and may use ASL or not before emergency service is coming faster.

I am so glad to find someone agree with me. Not many are on same boat with me regard of this and videophone in every room in the house.

Now you are an ally for me!

Last edited:
Main goal for FCC: Keeping in mind of senior citizens who are deaf and use video phone service is their first priority. E911 comes first as the highest priority of all.

Direct to the Point: Plain and Simple!

Back