Father shoots daughter’s laptop after disrespectful Facebook post

sorry for confusin you and kokonut... :P

I'd like to see the father get arrested on couple of charges. That would be great.

It'll never happen. :lol:

The former Marine wrote on his Facebook page that Child Protective Services officials came to his home in Stanly Co. on Saturday and interviewed him and his daughter — separately — after viewers of the video called with concerns about his actions.

He said the police also stopped by.

The police by the way said ‘Kudos, sir,’ ” Jordan wrote. "I actually had a "thank you" from an entire detectives squad. And another police officer is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system. How’s about those apples? Didn’t expect THAT when you called the cops did you?”

Police officials in Albemarle told Channel 9 they have received dozens of calls and emails asking why they haven't done anything about the video. Officials said Jordan lives outside of city limits, so his actions are outside of their jurisdiction.

Officials at the Stanly County Sheriff's Office said there are no laws against what Jordan did, so they will not be investigating the matter.

In the Saturday Facebook post, Jordan said he does not regret making the video and stands by his decision to post it.
YouTube dad says authorities pay visit; Daughter gets job offer | www.wsoctv.com

:lol:

My parents required me to work when I was 15. I am glad they did it. Otherwise, I would have this mentality that I am too good for anything.

I'm on opposite of you and my parent won't allow me to find a job until 18 because my parent want me to focus in the school so I got HS diploma after passed all state exams.

The gun is NOT mean to be used in any situation except for self defense..

That's not true. You use guns for something fun to do on a Saturday afternoon, for hunting and for target practice, too.
He used the gun on his own laptop that he bought, that he spent hours working on, and that he spent a lot of money upgrading. Target practice.

Perfectly acceptable.

I *Have* a 15 year old girl. She is the youngest of six girls. I've *been* a 15 year old girl. I think what he did was just fine. As it turns out, the cops and social services don't have a problem with it, either.

I especially liked the very first thing he responded to about the letter. In her facebook post she said she shouldn't have to do chores because 'we have a cleaning lady and her name is Linda, not Hannah."
The dad said that Linda was a personal family friend who was exchanging cleaning for money she owed him for his business, and that she worked harder every single day than his kid had her whole life, and that his daughter was not ever to be so rude and refer to her as the cleaning lady again.

It really seemed to me like the very publicly rude, disrespectful, way his daughter treated a friend going through a tough time bothered him as much as anything else.

We've never had to shoot a laptop, but we have taken away facebook and cellphone privileges, because that's what they are- privileges, not rights.

P.S. forgot to mention another legitimate use of the gun- my husband had our girls stand outside and target shoot when a very rough roofing crew was working on our house. He didn't like the way he heard the men talking when they didn't know he was there. we live in the country and my husband was in a cast at the time, and he wanted the crew to know we weren't unprotected. The girls are good shots, and he made sure the roofing crew knew it.

That's not true. You use guns for something fun to do on a Saturday afternoon, for hunting and for target practice, too.
He used the gun on his own laptop that he bought, that he spent hours working on, and that he spent a lot of money upgrading. Target practice.

Perfectly acceptable.

I *Have* a 15 year old girl. She is the youngest of six girls. I've *been* a 15 year old girl. I think what he did was just fine. As it turns out, the cops and social services don't have a problem with it, either.

I especially liked the very first thing he responded to about the letter. In her facebook post she said she shouldn't have to do chores because 'we have a cleaning lady and her name is Linda, not Hannah."
The dad said that Linda was a personal family friend who was exchanging cleaning for money she owed him for his business, and that she worked harder every single day than his kid had her whole life, and that his daughter was not ever to be so rude and refer to her as the cleaning lady again.

It really seemed to me like the very publicly rude, disrespectful, way his daughter treated a friend going through a tough time bothered him as much as anything else.

We've never had to shoot a laptop, but we have taken away facebook and cellphone privileges, because that's what they are- privileges, not rights.

P.S. forgot to mention another legitimate use of the gun- my husband had our girls stand outside and target shoot when a very rough roofing crew was working on our house. He didn't like the way he heard the men talking when they didn't know he was there. we live in the country and my husband was in a cast at the time, and he wanted the crew to know we weren't unprotected. The girls are good shots, and he made sure the roofing crew knew it.

That's just his view on guns.

Sally, please stop drinking the Kool Aid! The Liberals in this country has destroyed America because they do not believe in discipline. They are the ones usually want to take take take. They are the ones believe in spoiling and say, "Oh it is okay, you made a mistake, it is alright." It IS NOT alright to do that. Then that is what happens to America. Occupiers are acting this way with greed, not corporations.

Today children are spoiled brat and taking advantage of the current liberal agenda with banning spanking (believe me, it did work for me when I was a kid and I got spanked!), and giving chores and limit what children can get with all of the technology. Thanks to the materialism of Christmas and Birthdays. That is why last Christmas I gave NO one presents. I only got ONE present that I do not need at all! Really!

I do not have any children but would love to however, long story. Anyway, if I did or will have, I will NOT spoil my children with things and will be very strict. They will be given a good (still have it) typewriter to do papers for school and if she or he wants a computer. Like a car, wait till they are 18! Or 21. I could also do this way and I think many parents should modified computers so that it will not have internet explorier, no wifi, no cameras, etc. I have another computer here that is not connected to the net so I do not get it virus infected for my autoCAD drafting and designs. That is why I have another puter for that.

So, maybe this guy should have taken out everything in his daughter's computer and just have MS Office or OpenOffice software. That is all.

Another problem arise though. what about schools that have access to internet? I would tell my kids' school (I rather home schooling), that they are not to access to the net and must be fully supervised. I can also montior on FB, MS, etc what she has been doing. If caught, then ask the school to remove it or I would have to ask her for password to remove it even if I have to take her to court! Can do that!

I clapped big time for this father for shooting the laptop. I believe it was his, not his daughter. He has rights to shoot it. He sure made my day! Haha.

I'm on opposite of you and my parent won't allow me to find a job until 18 because my parent want me to focus in the school so I got HS diploma after passed all state exams.

I'm opposite both you. My parents allow me to make my own choice as long as I finish high school. I decide to work anyway. I want an experience.

Like I said, until you have kids.....sometimes you get the roughest diamond among the lot where you may have to take unconventional means on the extra effort to polish it.

Sally, please stop drinking the Kool Aid! The Liberals in this country has destroyed America because they do not believe in discipline. They are the ones usually want to take take take. They are the ones believe in spoiling and say, "Oh it is okay, you made a mistake, it is alright." It IS NOT alright to do that. Then that is what happens to America. Occupiers are acting this way with greed, not corporations.

Today children are spoiled brat and taking advantage of the current liberal agenda with banning spanking (believe me, it did work for me when I was a kid and I got spanked!), and giving chores and limit what children can get with all of the technology. Thanks to the materialism of Christmas and Birthdays. That is why last Christmas I gave NO one presents. I only got ONE present that I do not need at all! Really!

I do not have any children but would love to however, long story. Anyway, if I did or will have, I will NOT spoil my children with things and will be very strict. They will be given a good (still have it) typewriter to do papers for school and if she or he wants a computer. Like a car, wait till they are 18! Or 21. I could also do this way and I think many parents should modified computers so that it will not have internet explorier, no wifi, no cameras, etc. I have another computer here that is not connected to the net so I do not get it virus infected for my autoCAD drafting and designs. That is why I have another puter for that.

So, maybe this guy should have taken out everything in his daughter's computer and just have MS Office or OpenOffice software. That is all.

Another problem arise though. what about schools that have access to internet? I would tell my kids' school (I rather home schooling), that they are not to access to the net and must be fully supervised. I can also montior on FB, MS, etc what she has been doing. If caught, then ask the school to remove it or I would have to ask her for password to remove it even if I have to take her to court! Can do that!

I clapped big time for this father for shooting the laptop. I believe it was his, not his daughter. He has rights to shoot it. He sure made my day! Haha.

Your bold quote is bunch of bullshit.

My parent is very liberal and I was raised in strict way. I had thorough with numerous nasty punishment during young child and teenager and it was no fun at all. My sister had HELL life with many punishment everyday and she has mental disorder that make nearly impossible to change without see a psychiatrist.

The liberal agenda has nothing with nature behavior of child and having a child can be very nasty job for taking care of them. Some children may require juvenile or rehabilitation to change the behavior if their behavior is too extreme. Spanking at home is legal in all states but illegal in public school in most states, even some states like Alabama, many public schools have banned on spanking during 80's and 90's.

Some occupiers are raised by strict parent but they decided to ignore the influence from parent. Not all occupiers are violent and they are fighting against corporation greed. I agree with them about corporation is truly greedy.

During the summers I had to work very demanding physical labor jobs. During the school year, I worked at a bookstore. The manager of the store and I are still friends, even though it went out of business (B. Dalton Bookseller) years ago. Her son went to Cambridge and also worked there while in school. When the store was not busy, I was allowed to do school work - it helped being able to do it in a bookstore.

edited to add: I also got to meet a LOT of top selling authors while working for B. Dalton. When I attended Gallaudet I transferred to the B. Dalton in Union Station, DC. Just two examples of the more "famous" customers I had was - I sold Chelsea Clinton a copy of Mark Twain's "Pudd'nhead Wilson" as well as had a conversation with Richard Dreyfus concerning the Civil War as well as Gallaudet (concerning his movie "Mr. Holland's Opus").

Not even remotely related to B. Dalton - it was through another p/t job that I struck up a friendship with the son of yet another famous author. He was the son of William L. Moore (The Roswell Incident). We had been friends for nearly a year before he told me who his father was.

During the summers I had to work very demanding physical labor jobs. During the school year, I worked at a bookstore. The manager of the store and I are still friends, even though it went out of business (B. Dalton Bookseller) years ago. Her son went to Cambridge and also worked there while in school. When the store was not busy, I was allowed to do school work - it helped being able to do it in a bookstore.

edited to add: I also got to meet a LOT of top selling authors while working for B. Dalton. When I attended Gallaudet I transferred to the B. Dalton in Union Station, DC. Just two examples of the more "famous" customers I had was - I sold Chelsea Clinton a copy of Mark Twain's "Pudd'nhead Wilson" as well as had a conversation with Richard Dreyfus concerning the Civil War as well as Gallaudet (concerning his movie "Mr. Holland's Opus").

Not even remotely related to B. Dalton - it was through another p/t job that I struck up a friendship with the son of yet another famous author. He was the son of William L. Moore (The Roswell Incident). We had been friends for nearly a year before he told me who his father was.

B. Dalton in Union Station that where Barnes & Noble stands now? just across from Au Bon Pain and not far away from metro entrance?

That's interesting about your past.

During summer, I went to different summer camps and stay at home to finish the chore everyday. Summer is just huge boring for me.

My parent became much stricter after I failed algebra at twice at high school so I just passed algebra after took class again. I'm good with algebra and I will take calculus in next fall at hearing university. I have 2 years to left to finish the university.

B. Dalton in Union Station that where Barnes & Noble stands now? just across from Au Bon Pain and not far away from metro entrance?

That's interesting about your past.

During summer, I went to different summer camps and stay at home to finish the chore everyday. Summer is just huge boring for me.

My parent became much stricter after I failed algebra at twice at high school so I just passed algebra after took class again. I'm good with algebra and I will take calculus in next fall at hearing university. I have 2 years to left to finish the university.

Yes, that was where I worked. Barnes and Noble was the parent company of B. Dalton.

I would take the Gallaudet Shuttle bus to work - or I would just walk.

My impressions of this guy:

The gun thing is most likely not a big deal within the family. Some of us may perceive it to be a red flag because some of us see using a gun in a "fun manner" as something wrong.

The parents must be living comfortably in order to not think twice about wasting a good laptop.

The father surely must've taken out the battery for safety, so it's possible that he also took out the hard drive. After all, isn't he the IT guy? So the girl probably didn't lose any files.

During the discussions on what to do with the daughter, the parents probably thought "Wouldn't it be funny to just shoot her laptop? Ooohhh.. I got a great idea for a video!"

I personally don't see a problem with this guy. Unless this guy really pushes it and goes on national TV constantly promoting himself as the Father of the Year. Then that's just too much. His idea is right, but the implementation? Mostly entertainment factor.....

Yes, that was where I worked. Barnes and Noble was the parent company of B. Dalton.

I would take the Gallaudet Shuttle bus to work - or I would just walk.

Did you notice about neighborhood in around Gally isn't safe, especially at night? I walked with one friend so didn't carry wallet or any stuff, except for university ID and cell phone. I almost got robbed when tried to get to NoMa-Gallaudet U subway station (former New York/Florida Ave).

Have you guys seen the video of the black parents beating the crap out of their daughters cell phone with a bat after they found dirty text messages from boys on it. I nearly fell out laughing.

Father Shoots His Daughter's Laptop over Facebook Post
Tommy Jordan Shoots His Daughter's Laptop over Facebook Post : People.com

A North Carolina teen recently learned the hard way that nothing on the Internet is really ever "private." When her father discovered a Facebook rant that she thought she had blocked from him, he pulled out a gun and shot nine rounds into her laptop – on camera.

Tommy Jordan of Albemarle, N.C., posted an eight-minute video on YouTube responding to his daughter Hannah's post, in which she complained about having to do household chores, and finally firing bullets into her computer from a .45 handgun. The video has so far been viewed more than 26 million times.

"I'm not your damn slave," Tommy read from Hannah's post. "We have a cleaning lady for a reason."

Jordan, who works in IT, discovered the post when he was adding software to his daughter's laptop to upgrade it, he says in the clip.

Jordan also addresses Hannah on camera in the video, saying that she can get a new laptop when she pays for one herself.

The North Carolina father's actions have sparked controversy and discussion, with some finding the father out of line, while others argue that tough love is often necessary.

Dr. Phil McGraw responded to the video on Friday's Today show, saying his initial reaction to Jordan's actions was one of amusement – but that ultimately it was an example of poor parenting.

"She was disrespectful publicly … and then he turned around and did exactly the same thing," McGraw said. "You never, ever humiliate your child publicly … You're supposed to be the adult, the calm in the middle of the storm."

While adding that this is not "the most horrible parenting" decision he's ever seen, McGraw said: "Did he use good judgment here? No … It's not his job to get revenge."

No laws were broken, and there will be no investigation into the incident, according to the Today report. Tommy also noted in the video that he would make Hannah pay him back for the bullets he used on her laptop.

Did you notice about neighborhood in around Gally isn't safe, especially at night? I walked with one friend so didn't carry wallet or any stuff, except for university ID and cell phone. I almost got robbed when tried to get to NoMa-Gallaudet U subway station (former New York/Florida Ave).

Really? What happened? I try to never walk past 9pm. I frequently make quick runs to the store after 10, but I always go on my bike. Use a bike in this city. It's better than a car.

When I was there the crips were taking over. I used to get my hair cut at a barber on H street. There was a laundromat across the street. In broad daylight a swarm of "gang members" (all wearing red) converged on the laundromat, dragged a couple out into the middle of the street and beat them to death. It was over in 3 minutes. They all left as quickly as they appeared.

Back