Father shoots daughter’s laptop after disrespectful Facebook post

I think this is the Father of the Year. not only did he though her a lesson by 1. embarrassing in front of her friends in fb like she obviously did to her parents. 2. ground her for 3 months 3. took away the one thing she loves the most or likes the most her laptop. all this was done without having to lay any hands on her. American Teenagers are wild that is the reality they have no respect for themselves or parents they want parents to give them the freedom to act like adults and no that cant happen. if you let this fly this is how teenager get pregnant, brake the law and kill there own parents. If this parent would have let this fly by who knows what this kid would have done next. Listen she got lucky cause in my times my Mother would have wip the hell out me and then my Father and yes my laptop would have been exploted too.

I don't think this is a dysfunctional family, I just think he's a really tough parent that knows his daughter is capable of better behavior and expects it from her. I don't think he planned on this going viral and in his FB comments I think he realized that this wasn't an expected consequence (the viral part) and that now he will have to teach her a second lesson- you shouldn't gain from bad behavior despite what the media tells you. This why he is turning down interviews, call-ins, and talk show appearances, and even an offer of a mini series from CBS. I wonder what super nanny has to say about this? Lol.

Hey my dad would had smash my car engine to pieces if he was able to open the hood up! I was glad he was too drunk to get the hood up! I was worried he would get hurt .

:lol:

Your father was piss drunk and the cowboy wasnt drunk. He wanted to show-off and I was very disgusted with the fake cowboy.

Destroying personal property and showing weapons are forms of intimidation. These are signs of a controlling, abusive man. The mere fact that the father is isolating the daughter by taking away a form of communication is disturbing. It must be nice to have so much privilege as to unware of that fact.

Oh yes big time. My parents never did that as a way to control me except to show paddings that were used for spanking kids.

I have mentioned my BPD friend once or twice in the past in AD. When he taught me how to play Rummy 500, I got so good at it that I beat him at it. He threw a fit when I told him that was unacceptable. He told me that at least he didn't throw furniture or destroy them as a way show how his behavior had improved compared to how he dealt with stuff like this in past. He has destroyed and thrown furniture in the past too.

Once my friend held his mother and sisters at knife point for two hours. :eek: :shock:

I stopped being his friend after a few more fits like this. He would threaten to kill himself if my dad looked at him the wrong way. My dad is like that all the time and he found out to his shock I wasn't exggarting about my dad's strict behavior. He is uber strict.

Last edited:
I agree with Sallylou. This is not acceptable behavior and it is not how a parent can teach a child like that...especially with a deadly weapon against a personal belonging. He can do better than that than scaring the shit out of her daughter like that.

I saw this on TV and the girl's mother told the dad to shot the laptop for her too! It was both parents

But the girl kept pushing her dad's buttons after repeated warnings to not do this again in the future or things would be a whole lot worse. She did it anyway, did not listen to her dad then by sheer stupidity, made the post from her own laptop then had her own dad whom she posted badly about who is also an IT professional work on her computer for 6 hours upgrading it and adding new software to it. Then needless to say he finds the post after she deliberately took measures to to block her parents from seeing it.

If they guy is an IT professional, I would only assume that in that $130 software upgrade he did, he would also likely installed key stroke tracking software that runs silently in the background without her knowledge. Before anyone is in a tizzy, technically the computer belongs to the dad because he bought and it paid for it with his own money. He only ALLOWS the daughter to use it, it is technically not her laptop. So if he wanted to run keystroke tracking software on his own computer that he allowed his daughter to use for schoolwork and for social networking with friends. Also the fact she is only 15 years old, soon to be 16, she is still a minor. When you are a minor, you have no privacy. She also has no job, therefore her dad gives her chores around the house to do to help the family run the household and even told the daughter if she got a job these chores would be reduced or even completely disappear.

The father has now set some new standards for her:
1. She will get a new laptop when she buys a new a laptop after paying her father back for the $130 plus the nine bullets he put in the one he shot up.
2. When she breaks her cell phone, she will be required to pay for her own new cell phone. (he revealed she had already been through 4 droid phones because she keeps losing them or breaking them).
3. She WILL get a job one way or another.

My suggestion - her stepmom owns and runs a veterinary clinic, why not force the girl to work there for wages just like the other employees, starting on her 16th birthday? Have her work a full 40 hours a week while juggling school as a high school student then see if the girl still thinks that doing minor chores and keeping up with school is 'freaking crazy'.

Just when the girl thinks when she will be able to just buy her a new laptop and cell phone in a couple of weeks slap the girl with rent, car insurance, gas, maintenance and upkeep on vehicle, has to buy her own clothes, and whatever else she thinks she 'needs'. Pay her only minimum wage. The girl will soon find out that it will take her months and months to even come close to saving up enough money for a new laptop with everything she wants on it, new phone with everything she wants on it, a new dSLR camera she wants, AFTER she pays back her dad and paying her bills. The parents can even throw in an offer of 'extra money' if she does extra things around the house such as - taking Linda's place for a day for a whopping extra $5. That will teach her the value of hard work and a job well done. My daughter s 8 and she is currently learning that lesson by being required to work with me in the chicken houses every day after school as well as all day on Saturday, until all the money is paid back through labor. After her punishment is up I will have another heart to heart talk with her and offer her to work for her own wages on the farm if she so wishes to. This means she will get to have her own money that she earned herself to spend how she wishes. I think at that point she will have learned the value of work.

But the girl kept pushing her dad's buttons after repeated warnings to not do this again in the future or things would be a whole lot worse. She did it anyway, did not listen to her dad then by sheer stupidity, made the post from her own laptop then had her own dad whom she posted badly about who is also an IT professional work on her computer for 6 hours upgrading it and adding new software to it. Then needless to say he finds the post after she deliberately took measures to to block her parents from seeing it.

If they guy is an IT professional, I would only assume that in that $130 software upgrade he did, he would also likely installed key stroke tracking software that runs silently in the background without her knowledge. Before anyone is in a tizzy, technically the computer belongs to the dad because he bought and it paid for it with his own money. He only ALLOWS the daughter to use it, it is technically not her laptop. So if he wanted to run keystroke tracking software on his own computer that he allowed his daughter to use for schoolwork and for social networking with friends. Also the fact she is only 15 years old, soon to be 16, she is still a minor. When you are a minor, you have no privacy. She also has no job, therefore her dad gives her chores around the house to do to help the family run the household and even told the daughter if she got a job these chores would be reduced or even completely disappear.

The father has now set some new standards for her:
1. She will get a new laptop when she buys a new a laptop after paying her father back for the $130 plus the nine bullets he put in the one he shot up.
2. When she breaks her cell phone, she will be required to pay for her own new cell phone. (he revealed she had already been through 4 droid phones because she keeps losing them or breaking them).
3. She WILL get a job one way or another.

My suggestion - her stepmom owns and runs a veterinary clinic, why not force the girl to work there for wages just like the other employees, starting on her 16th birthday? Have her work a full 40 hours a week while juggling school as a high school student then see if the girl still thinks that doing minor chores and keeping up with school is 'freaking crazy'.

Just when the girl thinks when she will be able to just buy her a new laptop and cell phone in a couple of weeks slap the girl with rent, car insurance, gas, maintenance and upkeep on vehicle, has to buy her own clothes, and whatever else she thinks she 'needs'. Pay her only minimum wage. The girl will soon find out that it will take her months and months to even come close to saving up enough money for a new laptop with everything she wants on it, new phone with everything she wants on it, a new dSLR camera she wants, AFTER she pays back her dad and paying her bills. The parents can even throw in an offer of 'extra money' if she does extra things around the house such as - taking Linda's place for a day for a whopping extra $5. That will teach her the value of hard work and a job well done. My daughter s 8 and she is currently learning that lesson by being required to work with me in the chicken houses every day after school as well as all day on Saturday, until all the money is paid back through labor. After her punishment is up I will have another heart to heart talk with her and offer her to work for her own wages on the farm if she so wishes to. This means she will get to have her own money that she earned herself to spend how she wishes. I think at that point she will have learned the value of work.
I think that giving away her laptop would have been a better idea than shooting it.

Then she'd have to earn her own laptop at a legal age. She's 15 so I'm not sure she's of legal age to earn her own money for laptop.

I think that giving away her laptop would have been a better idea than shooting it.

Then she'd have to earn her own laptop at a legal age. She's 15 so I'm not sure she's of legal age to earn her own money for laptop.

The father said she was 15 going on 16 years old. I have a feeling this girl is very close to turning 16 which is why her parents have been pushing her to get a job or North Carolina allows minors to start working at age 15.

In AR you can work at age 16, but under a hardship statement, you can start working and driving at age 14. I know some people that worked at younger ages under the hardship law. One boy had a single mom and it was him and his three brothers. He was working as a janitor/maintenance man for the local school during the summer starting at age 14. He was the oldest brother so under the hardship he was working at a younger age to help his mom provide for him and his siblings.

Another girl I knew got to drive under the hardship - her dad owned a farm. Her parents were divorced and they lived in different cities. She had to go to her mom's every other weekend but her dad 'needed' her to help run the farm every weekend so under that hard ship the girl was able to drive by herself from her mom's house to the farm and to her dad's house. If she was caught going anywhere else (abusing the hardship) she would lose her driving privileges until aged 21.

I never used the hardship myself so I'm not sure what the specifics are. These are just a couple of cases that I was personally aware of.

My parents required me to work when I was 15. I am glad they did it. Otherwise, I would have this mentality that I am too good for anything.

Everyone need to think more clearly about the 15 yr old girl. Remember shes a teenager in high school..like many other teens, they can be difficult but at the same time they can get stressed and pressured between school homework and chores and everything else so the father should know that. The gun is NOT mean to be used in any situation except for self defense. Believe me I know how she feels...I was a teenager once too and I went through shit and I vent shit out alot like that and so her father is doing the same but this time with a gun included. What does that tell you? He's crazy.

It's more than just the laptop. There are underlying issues within the family and this laptop only scratched the surface of it. I know a dysfunctional family when I see one.

But you haven't seen a dysfunctional family here, you've seen an isolated video of a father calmly putting a few bullets in his daughter's laptop. It's grossly unfair to take this one incident and declare that the family is dysfunctional.

But you haven't seen a dysfunctional family here, you've seen an isolated video of a father calmly putting a few bullets in his daughter's laptop. It's grossly unfair to take this one incident and declare that the family is dysfunctional.

A functional family would not use a gun as a form of discipline. Enough said.

Back