Fake deaf

deafgam

Reaction score
Anybody know person FAKE DEAF? I met young woman fake deaf. make me sick!

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

she lives near fort worth, texas. i fed up. i moved to Austin to get away from her.

Frisky Feline said:
her name?

first name is Ginny. will keep last private out of respect to person. she fake so much. Ginny could not get HAs so her mom gave Ginny her grandfathers to her. ugh!!! Deaf group refuse accept her. They know she fake, too. tells everyone she fully deaf, but talks on phone and to her husband in other room without HA. just got BAHA surgery, too. give me break....how ???

Oh plenty! I have seen a damn good movie that a guy who lost her mom while waiting for her on the bus. He decided fake being deaf afterwards. Whole town thought he was deaf all the way until a serious crime had committed and that faker was there heard everything. The crook thought he couldn't hear anything so let him around and spill the beans. When it comes to court, that deaf faker guy testified everything what he heard. That had send whole town in shock. I think it is based on true story.

her first name is Ginny. why do people want fake deaf? its not funny. something wrong with people like that.

diehardbiker said:
Oh plenty! I have seen a damn good movie that a guy who lost her mom while waiting for her on the bus. He decided fake being deaf afterwards. Whole town thought he was deaf all the way until a serious crime had committed and that faker was there heard everything. The crook thought he couldn't hear anything so let him around and spill the beans. When it comes to court, that deaf faker guy testified everything what he heard. That had send whole town in shock. I think it is based on true story.

oh, i remember that movie. it was interesting. yeah...it was from trauma more so happen young boy loss his mom.

What the Deaf Man Heard (TV 1997) - IMDb

You met nigerian scammer who smell your money? She says "What is in your wallet?" Tsk tsk

Evo Dragon said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by deafgam

You met nigerian scammer who smell your money? She says "What is in your wallet?" Tsk tsk

what is a nigerian scammer? we are talking about FAKE DEAF!

I've never heard of fake deaf - is that another way of saying a person is just ignoring you? What would this entail, exactly?

Laura

I think many of us, at one time or another, have encountered people who pretend to be deaf. For example there are those who sell ASL cards for a buck, but when asked what signs they know (or how they are deaf, etc.) they realize they're caught and run away. Happens so often, and it's embarassing!

Happens a lot with oral deafies, especially LD'ers....being slammed as if they can actally "hear" when they cannot (and it's happened to me several times)....Even had someone say..."OH, she's faking...she can talk, so I know she can hear!"....Even one guy where I worked, who was so sure that I could hear, since I talked and was a fluent lipreader, was making "bets" with people about it...he even sneaked behind my office chair, hollaring and talking or whatever he was doing to see if I would turn around...

I happened to back my chair to get up and get more work, and ran right into him and knocked him on his arse....

So, of course, I took him into the bosses office!...I became so sick of it, and told the guy to keep his distance from me or I would have his arse fired....he left me alone after that....had a very red face, when my boss told him I was LD...and totally deaf, just for the record....he left me alone after that..."good boy" I always said shenever I passed him at work!

Must be something more than fake deaf if you moved far away to get away from her.
It would just make more sense for everyone to know she is fake deaf and then all deaf ignore her, so she would go away...

Must be something more than fake deaf if you moved far away to get away from her.
It would just make more sense for everyone to know she is fake deaf and then all deaf ignore her, so she would go away...

My thoughts exactly...
Moving away because someone is annoying seems kind of overkill.
Was she like a stalker?

Actually, I'm curious about "fake deaf".

Sometimes when I am walking on the street, I try to recall as many signs as I know or try to fingerspell street names.
I know that doing so may make me look like a deaf person to other hearing people on the street, even if I am hearing, but I'm practicing sign whenever I get a chance for my benefit, not theirs. :roll:

But I can see how people may be less likely to talk to me if they assume I am deaf. I don't ever explicitly tell anyone that I am deaf though. So I guess I am not a "fake deaf".

I searched on google to find out more about "fake deaf" and why it is considered to be such a repulsive thing. Mostly, search on "fake deaf" lead to news articles about hearing people pretending to be deaf to scam money.

So then, is "fake deaf" bad because they compromise the integrity of Deaf people? As in, because one person pretended to be deaf to scam money, now all deaf people may be hassled for pretending to be deaf to get accommodations, when they actually need it for fair access?

Fake deaf is interesting to me.
It is interesting how "fake deaf" is also an accusatory term against HH who don't seem "deaf" enough :giggle: which is silly.

Are then CODA also "fake deaf"? They have Deaf culture, but are not deaf.
If they don't reveal they are CODA in the beginning, do you feel cheated or tricked in some way? Do CODA take pride in being "fake deaf"?

What the Deaf Man Heard

It's a Hallmark movie. You can find it at any Hallmark store that sells Hallmark DVDs. :)

I have it. Good movie.

Back