Facebook's Friend Status Updates.

This may be a little bit off topic but it relates to facebook.

You know how every time you log in on the homepage and you get bunch of your friend's status updates on the news feed? Well, Now with the recent re-vamp of Facebook - They are having these apps (quizzes, so and on etc) that shows up in the news feed.

I find it so annoying because every time I see it, I always have to click "hide" on every of these apps on the news feed.

Do you guys find it annoying too?
Yes Jolie, they are annoying, LOL. Would be nice if they let us have the options not to show on our screens.

Yeah ever since the previous revamp, this filter is needed for some.
I recall some months ago while lurking on the FB forums; someone brought it up and the devs say it is a WIP at this time (work in progress).

I can assure you that the team is aware of it. Hopefully just a matter of time!

Edit: found the link for the discussion
http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?pid=140054

Last edited:
I recall some months ago while lurking on the FB forums; someone brought it up and the devs say it is a WIP at this time (work in progress).

Facebook Platform Developer Forum / Request Custom News Feed Filter feature
Thanks for the info, naisho. I hope they do something about it very soon. I suspect it is driving some members out of Facebook.

Facebook Platform Developer Forum / Request Custom News Feed Filter feature

Thanks for the info. I only hope in time they will be able to iron it out as soon as possible. I mean, I liked it the way it was before with the news feed that only showed the status updates without having to see the apps/quizzes showing up everywhere.

Thanks for the info, naisho. I hope they do something about it very soon. I suspect it is driving some members out of Facebook.

That, I agree which is probably why twitter is getting the attention these days? :dunno:

Yes, sometimes it does. I don't mind reading my friends quizzes it can make laugh on some of them others can be annoying.

personally, i think its up to people what they want to post on ther fb.

but hey...wanna know what annoys me the most??? those dddaaammmnnnnn fb applications!

:giggle:

Want to remind you guys.....there IS an option to block some things in news feed that you don't want to see. :)

Seq, that's a good question. I haven't seen anything in my edit account feature. I need a workshop on how to use facebook:laugh2:

Want to remind you guys.....there IS an option to block some things in news feed that you don't want to see. :)

Yes, There are some options that can be controlled on the application setting in facebook.

But, What I mean by that is -- Even if you don't have these apps/quizzes on your facebook account, you still are able to see it show up on the news feed which comes from your friends. These quizzes/applications are not even in the options that we unfortunately cannot block out. That is what I'm trying to say.

It varies.

I do get annoyed when people constantly update their status.

"Bob is going to Walmart."
"Bob is grocery shopping."
"Bob is done with Walmart."
"Bob is at home now."
"Bob is wondering what to make for dinner."
"Bob is waiting for his girlfriend to get home."
"Bob is happy that his girlfriend is home."
(All of this was done within 2 hours.)

Seriously, who cares!?

It also annoys me a bit when they start using pitiful comments in their status.

"Bob thinks no one likes him."
"Bob is sad that his girlfriend dumped him."
"Bob is sad because his girlfriend won't go back with him."
"Bob is sad because he's tired."
"Bob is hoping his girlfriend will give him another chance."
"Bob is excited to see his girlfriend tonight."
"Bob is crying because his girlfriend didn't show up tonight."

Come on... don't drag us into your relationship problems! :roll:

Nice to know that you have loser friend. :giggle:

You know how every time you log in on the homepage and you get bunch of your friend's status updates on the news feed? Well, Now with the recent re-vamp of Facebook - They are having these apps (quizzes, so and on etc) that shows up in the news feed.

I find it so annoying because every time I see it, I always have to click "hide" on every of these apps on the news feed.

Yups, makes me wonder if my friends do nothing but those silly quizzes then most annoyingly they invite me to do them. I always ignore the requests. I always block the applications and make sure my privacy settings do not allow any of my information go to the applications. Fricking Facebook keeps changing. :squint:

Once you hide them, they won't show up again. It's like those application requests.

When someone invites you to add an application, you have 2 choices. You can ignore, but that will mean that people can keep inviting you to add that same application. You can block, and if people try to invite you... nothing will appear in your profile. :)

I did have to deal with some application status updates because one person is addicted to applications. She actually has like 100 pages worth of applications under "Box". :shock:

Well, I simply block them and they don't show up again. :)

I think its annoying when someone ask for friend request when I don't even know who the heck you are.

I think its annoying when someone ask for friend request when I don't even know who the heck you are.
Then ask that person if you know him/her or how he/she knows you.

It could be a long lost friend that you haven't seen in years or a random stranger that you don't even want to be friends with. :dunno:

I've had a few friends find me after not seeing me for 10 to 15 years.

Once you hide them, they won't show up again. It's like those application requests.

When someone invites you to add an application, you have 2 choices. You can ignore, but that will mean that people can keep inviting you to add that same application. You can block, and if people try to invite you... nothing will appear in your profile. :)

I did have to deal with some application status updates because one person is addicted to applications. She actually has like 100 pages worth of applications under "Box". :shock:

Well, I simply block them and they don't show up again. :)

Yeah I do that by putting the block on these apps invitations but even though, these apps that I don't have still shows up on the news feed with bunches of quizzes, etc. :)

Perhaps I'm not seeing it right or something like that. :dunno:

Yeah I do that by putting the block on these apps invitations but even though, these apps that I don't have still shows up on the news feed with bunches of quizzes, etc. :)

Perhaps I'm not seeing it right or something like that. :dunno:
Under the news feed, move your move over the top right corner of each status. A little box will appear asking if you want to hide that person or that application. You pick the application and it will disappear (all status related to that application).

Yeah, I often send message, asking them who are them before I confirm or ignore them. I only confirm when I know them.

personally, i think its up to people what they want to post on ther fb.

but hey...wanna know what annoys me the most??? those dddaaammmnnnnn fb applications!

:giggle:

I cannot agree with you more about those annoying fb applications.

I only choose a few ones which are useful to me.

Back