Facebook

I think that's what keep people on facebook at times.

I am on Facebook all the time! I have connected with cousins and other family members that I never get to see, so that's cool! I do play a few of the games (like Cafe World, and 2 treasure digging games). It helps me keep up with what my kids are doing because we're 'friends' on Facebook so I see their posts and what their friends post to them. I am part of quite a few ASL/Sign Language/Deaf, etc pages as well.

Don't have time for Twitter... it just didn't grab me. lol

Don't know about twitter. In order to use it effectively you need to have your cell phone connected to the net. I don't see a need for the extra expense.

you can read and update twitter on your computer as well. I don't know how to use my twitter on the phone yet.

Tried twitter and could not devote enough time to even want to keep it. Makes no sense to me to have it.

Most celebs aren't really doing it - they hire a PR firm to do it. Yes, there ARE some who really do tweet - Ashton Kutcher is one who supposedly really does his own.

I tend to use FB more - but I do find Twitter amusing at times.

Well I think Facebook is awesome....but it tends to be for everyone. Whereas this site tends towards specificly dhh issues.

I blogged about that. I suggested facebook was an no-point area for discussing dhh issues and campaigning, even to advance deaf cultural awareness, it has so far failed, because FB is devoted to 'social' (In the loosest possible link to that word, give me face to face people any time....), and obsessed with 30 word trivia 'text bite' responses. It depends on your interests, if it is apoltical then FB/Twitter is not for you obviously.

Hardly any worthwhile campaigns have emerged from this FB thing, they support the wrong things and tend to become despite with world-wide input, more secular as they go.

It is a shame with a potential 400 million on FB and Twitter we could achieve so much more, instead of us using FB as a tool, the tail is wagging the deaf dog. Any cursory glance at what is discussed will show very little interest in dhh issues. Friends ? could be and probably is anybody, hearing, whatever, who just collect other 'friends'.

I guess rank and file deaf are not interested in advancing their lot, and prefer to leave it to others now, mostly it is because many deaf communities no longer exist as they used to, so online is about all the 'crowd' there is.... The power of the internet has passed the deaf by, seduced by mass pulp it seems to me, I am proud of the fact I subscribe and never will to either.

Well, AllDeaf is a lot better than Facebook, but I still keep in touch with my hearing families and I have both deaf and hearing friends on Facebook. As for the deaf group, I got Deaf Native Facebook and Deaf Community. Most of the time I play with my favorite game "Fishville". I never get tired of it. I tried Zoo, but I am not interest in this. I have not been on AllDeaf group for discussion for Facebook, only here. :hmm:

Most celebs aren't really doing it - they hire a PR firm to do it. Yes, there ARE some who really do tweet - Ashton Kutcher is one who supposedly really does his own.

I tend to use FB more - but I do find Twitter amusing at times.

Ashton Kutcher is actual awesome on Twitter. Even, I follow him

Ashton Kutcher is actual awesome on Twitter. Even, I follow him

Also Julie Benz, she updates her own. She's way hot for her age. :P

I notice the less popular an actor/actress is, the more likely they do their own updates. Of course not all do this but its noticeable.

Also Julie Benz, she updates her own. She's way hot for her age. :P

I notice the less popular an actor/actress is, the more likely they do their own updates. Of course not all do this but its noticeable.

Julie Benz? Oh... one of my favorite actress. I find her very attractive in Dexter. Gonna follow her...

My blackberry feeds my Facebook addiction =/ it's getting hand of hand but it's a purrfect tool for social networking. The other day, an attractive waiter begged me to add him when he saw us taking pictures and tagging each other on Facebook while we waited for our meals LOL

My blackberry feeds my Facebook addiction =/ it's getting hand of hand but it's a purrfect tool for social networking. The other day, an attractive waiter begged me to add him when he saw us taking pictures and tagging each other on Facebook while we waited for our meals LOL

how about I beg you? please please please? :D

I've said that over time and again that Facebook is a place to be at but, today, I ever have more reason to say this because what happened today really got to me.

I am in awe because my oldest cousin (she's my uncle's daughter) disappeared since 1989. Never heard or seen her ever since. When we were kids, we were really close and played a lot of times together. I was accepting the fact that I'd never hear or see her again, and to go on with my life. And then, today, she finds me on Facebook. Fast forward, 22 years later, we reconnect. So awesome to be able to reconnect with her!! :aw:

We've got a lot to catch up to do! :)

It IS fun to reconnect with people. I had a friend find me last week - who I'd not seen or heard from in about 18 years. Was so great to be able to catch up with each other!

So there is the bad stuff...but there is also the good stuff. It's just knowing how to protect yourself from phishing and other scams as much as possible.

Back