Facebook

Jason

Reaction score
I know some of you alldeaf.com members have discussed about the Facebook, but I wonder any of you have already joined the site and who. I have already added a few but what about the rest of you members? I also joined alldeaf.com group in there as well. Have good summer.

I am on facebook, friends with some of the AD'ers here, only people I already know.

The group is a good place to pick up new friends but a lot of them don't post here. Beware of scam messages regarding "deaf prizes" also.

Yeah. Lots of variety of scammers, spammers, and we all ain't dumb. right? Just being loyal here and there. Just wondering how many members here are in facebook since the facebook is outpowering several other social websites.

Just wondering how many members here are in facebook since the facebook is outpowering several other social websites.
Well I think Facebook is awesome....but it tends to be for everyone. Whereas this site tends towards specificly dhh issues.

I'm part of facebook as well.. but I mostly play games on facebook.. I'm addicted to games there :P anyway have fun ;)

I'm also on facebook. Joined due to my friend who (unfortunately) pushed me into it LOL. I usually don't let myself influenced by someone else's words but since I used to be at boarding schools I thought it'd be a nice way to find back lots of my old friends, which it did. By now though I'm mainly there to play those stupid games too :giggle:

I use Facebook quite often - but do beware that the minute you join any deaf group, the scam emails start. (Deaf lottery, etc.)

Well I think Facebook is awesome....but it tends to be for everyone. Whereas this site tends towards specificly dhh issues.

Yes and no. Kind of like central park. The old guys who play checkers hang out in one area and the kids hang around the slides -- but there are a few kids who like to play checkers so there is some mixing -- But by and large similar people with similar interests tend to clump up together.

My facebook page is predominantly ASL enthusiast whether hearing, deaf, or somewhere in between.

I have Facebook. The stupid games are my favorites too! :P I want anyone who plays Castle Age!

I am on facebook too, the AD group as well. Fortunately no spamming yet! don't post on it cause I am on here.... but I am on facebook for my college friends and friends around the world to keep up. And the darn games.... But beware of the viruses! I just got a nasty one off my computer and had to reset most of facebook so my friends list is wiped out and I am rebuilding.

I am on FB mostly to keep in touch with my family and friends and to look at the pictures.

:lol:

Yeah, everyone has their own reasons to be on Facebook. I was on there to check it out and realized the cause of the Facebook. I got good connections with family, friends and got in touch with people (both friends and family) that I haven't seen or heard for years. And yep those darn games are addicting, blame it on zyna. :lol: But we all can manage. Right? Its awesome site as it is on here.

Yes and no. Kind of like central park. The old guys who play checkers hang out in one area and the kids hang around the slides -- but there are a few kids who like to play checkers so there is some mixing -- But by and large similar people with similar interests tend to clump up together.

My facebook page is predominantly ASL enthusiast whether hearing, deaf, or somewhere in between.

I concur.

I am on Facebook and keep threatening to delete my account, but it's the only way I can keep up with family and out of state friends.

Since this is a thread about FB...what do you think of this status?

My brother read it on his home page.

"Iam feeling so crampy because I am on my period."

I think it was not necessary to post that! :giggle:

Since this is a thread about FB...what do you think of this status?

My brother read it on his home page.

"Iam feeling so crampy because I am on my period."

I think it was not necessary to post that! :giggle:

Seems to be TMI

Back