Extended warranty for Dodge Durango fuel check valve

purplecatty

Reaction score
Anyone own '05 to '08 Dodge Durango, Chrystler decide to extend to lifetime warranty ONLY for Fuel check valve replacement. Due to many Durango spit out fuel when fuel getting full during filling and spilling on cement pavement at pump area (Barfing or puking fuel out). The reason is because the fuel check valve swells up and valve get stuck open due to 10% or higher Ethanol in many gas station. You cannot replace the check valve inside gas tank even if you remove fuel pump. It requires entire tank replacement so Dodge is volunteering replacing it for free.

I received letter from Chrystler regarding about fuel check valve.

Those who own Jeeps, you're out of luck and you'll have to chip in about $250 to replace gas tank. I also own 05' Jeep Liberty Limit and it did spills out fuel when it's getting full, same reason as my 05' Dodge Durango. So I'm not gonna replace it. I simply fill it fast till $50 then slow down and stop at $55 or $60 then rock the jeep a bit to "burp" it then fill it up till it stops. It spits out a little fuel better than copious amount of fuel.

Just FYI

Catty

Another recall for Chrysler!

Chrysler used good motor from 80's or older. Right now not great anymore. Chrysler have too much problem with auto transmission, PCM glitch, engine, etc. I seem them from my old job for GM/Chrysler dealership.

I am happy that my father don't use Dodge anymore. He used Dodge guy since 80's and traded all newer Dodge vehicles like 4-5 times till now. Now he got brand new Subaru.

I still want Dodge RAM 2500 with 6 sp manuel and 5.9L Cummins motor.

Another recall for Chrysler!

Chrysler used good motor from 80's or older. Right now not great anymore. Chrysler have too much problem with auto transmission, PCM glitch, engine, etc. I seem them from my old job for GM/Chrysler dealership.

I am happy that my father don't use Dodge anymore. He used Dodge guy since 80's and traded all newer Dodge vehicles like 4-5 times till now. Now he got brand new Subaru.

I still want Dodge RAM 2500 with 6 sp manuel and 5.9L Cummins motor.

Yup, I noticed that. I've had Dodge Grand Caravan twice. Then Dodge Durango and Jeep Liberty. I can see the patterns of problem coming from Chrysler. I had 67' Chevrolet C10 pickup truck with 3 speed column shifter. I love it so much because of its wide bench seat and reliable. But shifter is tricky dick because If you don't shift correctly, it'll locks up entire drivetrain so keep clutch on floor and pull over once you locked up the shifter accidentally and shut off engine. then get under the hood and shake the shifter rods to loosen the gears then hop back on truck and drive off.

My Durango barfing gasoline when I filled it up and it's annoying. I didn't bother fix it until Chrystler is under pressure from NSTA and submit to fix for free because of safety and environmental issue.

The next truck I wanted is Chevrolet Silverado or Dodge Ram 1500. Because I wanted quick response acceleration. My Durango sucks big time even it have 4.7L V8. If I want to pass a car, I slammed petal to metal and pull over, wait for 2 seconds it finally speed up with gentle G force.. I don't like this!! I wanted is -->Slammed petal to metal-->pull with hard G and whiz by car at 90mph.

I also was looking at Toyota Tundra and I don't know how good it is even though it can pull good load but Just want to know how its acceleration response is alike.

Catty

What they don't tell you is that 15% ethanol screws up a lot of fuel systems. Stay away fron anything more than 10%.

Yup, I noticed that. I've had Dodge Grand Caravan twice. Then Dodge Durango and Jeep Liberty. I can see the patterns of problem coming from Chrysler. I had 67' Chevrolet C10 pickup truck with 3 speed column shifter. I love it so much because of its wide bench seat and reliable. But shifter is tricky dick because If you don't shift correctly, it'll locks up entire drivetrain so keep clutch on floor and pull over once you locked up the shifter accidentally and shut off engine. then get under the hood and shake the shifter rods to loosen the gears then hop back on truck and drive off.

My Durango barfing gasoline when I filled it up and it's annoying. I didn't bother fix it until Chrystler is under pressure from NSTA and submit to fix for free because of safety and environmental issue.

The next truck I wanted is Chevrolet Silverado or Dodge Ram 1500. Because I wanted quick response acceleration. My Durango sucks big time even it have 4.7L V8. If I want to pass a car, I slammed petal to metal and pull over, wait for 2 seconds it finally speed up with gentle G force.. I don't like this!! I wanted is -->Slammed petal to metal-->pull with hard G and whiz by car at 90mph.

I also was looking at Toyota Tundra and I don't know how good it is even though it can pull good load but Just want to know how its acceleration response is alike.

Catty

Sounds like auto transmission lag issue.
What they don't tell you is that 15% ethanol screws up a lot of fuel systems. Stay away fron anything more than 10%.

Problem that 10% are more are anywhere in my area. Lucky, My Mazda 2002 with 180k mileages and no problem with 10%.

I don't care how much ethanol gas station have in their big container and I'm not staying away from it, Thing is that it's all Auto Manufacturer's fault because Ethanol been around since the 80's (used to called "Gasohol" starting in Iowa). They should have upgrade parts far ahead of time that would accept Ethanol of any PERCENTAGE! I don't see ANY excuses for them not doing it in ahead of time so that when time comes, it won't be any issue! I would blame it on all Auto Manufacturers period. I'm not going to avoid any pumps that have Ethanol higher than 10%, I just pump it up and tell my truck "shut up and run" :mad2:

I would do same to my motorcycle as well.. My 2002 Suzuki Volusia instruction tells me not to use any gasoline that have Ethanol in it. Well I don't care about it. It have to do with fuel line and gaskets in Carburetor that Ethanol can eat away if it's a higher percentage. I can just simply swap with one that resistant to Ethanol and make new gasket that would do same. So that when I come to Gas station that have more than 10% ethanol and have no choice because I'm low on gas, I would just fill it up anyway. We should be prepare for future to see 30% to 50% Ethanol in some gas pump the next 10 years who knows..

I know they are doing it for profit so when E10, E15 or E20 appears at gas pump, They would expect problems with customer's vehicles and repair cost go up so they can pocket their profit. It's just plain greed. Allow NSTA punish Big 3 and force them to have recalls and pay up for repairs or reimburse customer who already paid for repairs.

I have appointment with Dodge next week Wed to replace gas tank and it would take at least 3 hours and it's free and out of Chrysler's pocket.. :D . As for my wife's Jeep Liberty, I told her it's not covered by warranty for now and just let it spit up fuels until NSTA order Chrysler to do same on Jeep. It's an environmental issue because spillage can pollute the environments . Not my problem, it's theirs! Because they ask for it..

I have noticed that Auto Manufacturers don't change ahead of time. Now, Obama says that he is pushing Auto Manufacturers to increase gas mileage limit to 54mpg. It won't happen till 2017. Well!! How did 1980's Geo Metro got there with 60 MPG??!! then during 90's many cars and trucks have poor gas mileage then after year 2000 gas price shot up to $4 and everyone got screwed including me. I do know Oil Co is doing it for greed.

Sorry for my whining but that's the fact

Catty

I don't care how much ethanol gas station have in their big container and I'm not staying away from it, Thing is that it's all Auto Manufacturer's fault because Ethanol been around since the 80's (used to called "Gasohol" starting in Iowa). They should have upgrade parts far ahead of time that would accept Ethanol of any PERCENTAGE! I don't see ANY excuses for them not doing it in ahead of time so that when time comes, it won't be any issue! I would blame it on all Auto Manufacturers period. I'm not going to avoid any pumps that have Ethanol higher than 10%, I just pump it up and tell my truck "shut up and run" :mad2:

I would do same to my motorcycle as well.. My 2002 Suzuki Volusia instruction tells me not to use any gasoline that have Ethanol in it. Well I don't care about it. It have to do with fuel line and gaskets in Carburetor that Ethanol can eat away if it's a higher percentage. I can just simply swap with one that resistant to Ethanol and make new gasket that would do same. So that when I come to Gas station that have more than 10% ethanol and have no choice because I'm low on gas, I would just fill it up anyway. We should be prepare for future to see 30% to 50% Ethanol in some gas pump the next 10 years who knows..

I know they are doing it for profit so when E10, E15 or E20 appears at gas pump, They would expect problems with customer's vehicles and repair cost go up so they can pocket their profit. It's just plain greed. Allow NSTA punish Big 3 and force them to have recalls and pay up for repairs or reimburse customer who already paid for repairs.

I have appointment with Dodge next week Wed to replace gas tank and it would take at least 3 hours and it's free and out of Chrysler's pocket.. :D . As for my wife's Jeep Liberty, I told her it's not covered by warranty for now and just let it spit up fuels until NSTA order Chrysler to do same on Jeep. It's an environmental issue because spillage can pollute the environments . Not my problem, it's theirs! Because they ask for it..

I have noticed that Auto Manufacturers don't change ahead of time. Now, Obama says that he is pushing Auto Manufacturers to increase gas mileage limit to 54mpg. It won't happen till 2017. Well!! How did 1980's Geo Metro got there with 60 MPG??!! then during 90's many cars and trucks have poor gas mileage then after year 2000 gas price shot up to $4 and everyone got screwed including me. I do know Oil Co is doing it for greed.

Sorry for my whining but that's the fact

Catty

No wonder, I live near Iowa and 10-15% are anywhere already.

Remember most small engines as 80's are shitty for 0-60 mph performance like Geo Metro, VW Rabbit, etc. Which not great for acceleration like enter the highway or pass other vehicle.

50% Ethanol? That would hurt fuel economy as poor MPG. :o

No wonder, I live near Iowa and 10-15% are anywhere already.

Remember most small engines as 80's are shitty for 0-60 mph performance like Geo Metro, VW Rabbit, etc. Which not great for acceleration like enter the highway or pass other vehicle.

50% Ethanol? That would hurt fuel economy as poor MPG. :o

Agreed 110%!!!

Thats why auto manufacturer are behind for due upgrade. I did read somewhere that Govt and Ethanol producer or supporter may increase Ethanol to 50% and continue E85. because Ethanol is clean burning fuel and cheaper (I think not!! Today's engine use twice of _E85 for same distance as pure gasoline that only use up once)

Catty

If they decide to have E100 (100% ethanol) = millions of happy Hillybilly, gas station re-named "Moonshine Station", drink internally from pump spigot or fill tank it matter not, rich cops earns from dwi fines and fuel system cancer and liver cancer, Environmentally clean, air wafting across nation smell like corn.

Right?

Catty

Last edited:
Back