Explaining Cued Speech - from an expert.

flip -That is your subjective interpretation, which you are entitled to.
This shows you don't know the difference between subjective and objective interpretations. You have stated numerous times that ASL is a cause of litteracy problems among deaf people. Is it something wrong with your litteracy skills?
You make claims like this, where is your research? I have been very forthcoming in research that I use to support my position. Still, understand that as such, that doesn't mean that there is 100% congruence between one's position and every conclusion drawn in the article. Please extend the same courtesy.
Will all respect, this is a typical question from uneducated people. Check Chomsky, Krashen, Cummins and Skutnabb-Kangas among others. Jillio have put up plenty of links and research. Belive me, I do question those researchs, but it's hard to ignore the increasing correlative findings in all deaf education journals and other areas of bilingual education. Any educated person can see that your articles from NCSA are a very different kind of "research". I am not going to enage into something like reposting old news just beacuse you have some issues with admiting your flagrant negativity toward ASL.
flip
Yet you also say:
Yes, Visual Phonics lacks research to prove how and where it's useful, but I have also said that I am curious on it's possibilities in earlier posts. Trying to bust me? Cute attempt :)

Again with the overly concrete thinking. I do believe flip means prehistoric in thinking and philosophy.

It's perhaps a not yet found species that had the habit of pinching the toes of deaf cavemen?:giggle:

Originally posted by flip
Loml is in some cases against the focus on building up a proper standard for bi-bi education, sufficent skills in ASL among tutors and help to provide deaf children with full early language stimulation with sign language

Originally posted by loml
flip -That is your subjective interpretation, which you are entitled to.

This shows you don't know the difference between subjective and objective interpretations.

I am well aware of the difference, and you are obviously making a statement based on your biases, once again subjective.
You have stated numerous times that ASL is a cause of litteracy problems among deaf people. Is it something wrong with your litteracy skills?

Again this is your subjective interpretations of my posts. You have once again turned this into ASLvsCued Speech.:dunno: I feel I would be safe to state that you are passionate about ASL, this is why you are being subjective.

Originally Posted by loml
You make claims like this, where is your research? I have been very forthcoming in research that I use to support my position. Still, understand that as such, that doesn't mean that there is 100% congruence between one's position and every conclusion drawn in the article. Please extend the same courtesy.

Will all respect, this is a typical question from uneducated people.

flip- With all due respect, your "typical uneducated person", does not ask questions and will accept what other people tell them.

Check Chomsky, Krashen, Cummins and Skutnabb-Kangas among others. Jillio have put up plenty of links and research. Belive me, I do question those researchs, but it's hard to ignore the increasing correlative findings in all deaf education journals and other areas of bilingual education. Any educated person can see that your articles from NCSA are a very different kind of "research".

flip - I know that the NCSA produces their own materials to support their goals and vissions, however, the research articles that I have posted have been found in leading peer reviewed journals, that also accepts submissions from research on ASL.

I would suggest people to switch over to Visual Phonics for both the sake of a newer and better system and lack of hostility against ASL.

Yes, Visual Phonics lacks research to prove how and where it's useful, but I have also said that I am curious on it's possibilities in earlier posts. Trying to bust me? Cute attempt :)

flip - I am merely pointing out to you how your posts can be can also be contraditory.

I am well aware of the difference, and you are obviously making a statement based on your biases, once again subjective.

Again this is your subjective interpretations of my posts. You have once again turned this into ASLvsCued Speech.:dunno: I feel I would be safe to state that you are passionate about ASL, this is why you are being subjective.

flip- With all due respect, your "typical uneducated person", does not ask questions and will accept what other people tell them.

flip - I know that the NCSA produces their own materials to support their goals and vissions, however, the research articles that I have posted have been found in leading peer reviewed journals, that also accepts submissions from research on ASL.

flip - I am merely pointing out to you how your posts can be can also be contraditory.

Flip's posts are not contradictory at all. Flip has been very consistent in both perpsective and position.

ASL is a great communication tool. ASL, in a hearing family with a deaf child.. deaf child can read and write English? No

:bowlol: That got to be one of the most unbelievable false statement about ASL!!! U just rendered numerous of deaf people illiterate even though they managed to get college degrees and good paying jobs. tsk tsk!

SM: Would you please answer the question from my previous post.

Why would you want deaf children to struggle with learning ASL from hearing people who often are not good models of ASL?

SM, yet again I will say: The best time for children, deaf and hearing to learn a language prior to 6 years of age. Deaf children of hearing parents are often not given access to the complete language, ASL or English. This happens for many reasons, this is simply the way that it is.

You do not want deaf children to know their families language, why?

ASL is a great communication tool. ASL, in a hearing family with a deaf child.. deaf child can read and write English? No

Do you get it?
To deny a child literacy is denying them a gift that impacts life.

:bowlol: That got to be one of the most unbelievable false statement about ASL!!! U just rendered numerous of deaf people illiterate even though they managed to get college degrees and good paying jobs. tsk tsk!

shel90- This too is your subjective interpretation, which of course you are entitiled to.

shel90- This too is your subjective interpretation, which of course you are entitiled to.

subjective? U said it straight up. How else was I supposed to interpret it? You wrote it loud and clear. Maybe I am illiterate now. Oh well. :giggle:

subjective? U said it straight up. How else was I supposed to interpret it? You wrote it loud and clear. Maybe I am illiterate now. Oh well. :giggle:

Shel90- Indeed subjective interpretation on an out of context statement. :dunno:

Shel90- Indeed subjective interpretation on an out of context statement. :dunno:

My brother was exposed to ASL since 5 years old...he is from a hearing family...he is literate.

U said ASL in a hearing family...the deaf child can read and write English? No.

I am seeing something that doesnt match here.

actually lollml, I didn't understand what you meant with that
statement either. Could you clarify?
:ty:

actually lollml, I didn't understand what you meant with that
statement either. Could you clarify?

:ty:

fredfam1 - I was trying to write my statement in a manner that would be clear for that individual.

Can you cue the difference between OBJECTIVE and SUBJECTIVE? You seem to have a big problem in telling which word is appropriate. When you have stated something as clearly as you did in the post about ASL, there is no subjective interpretation involved. You said it, period. It is entirely objective.

fredfam1 - I was trying to write my statement in a manner that would be clear for that individual.

The only thing that you have made clear is your own confusion and contradictions.

Out of context, or in context, the words are yours, loml. Perhaps you should start double checking your previous posts before posting anything new to see of you are going to be contradicting yourself again.

Cued Speech... is something that was not fully successful... In Gallaudet University did tried to start the CS program.... it was short lived.... and also in my school VSDB.. they were considering to set it up.... it was not successful..... CS.. is not very popular... I had seen the vidoe... I had hard time to read lips... they kept covering their lips.... What a failfure...

ASL, in a hearing family with a deaf child.. deaf child can read and write English? No
depends on if you're talking about a noninvolved family or an involved family who actually signs. I know two girls who are deaf and from hearing families. Their literacy is FINE....as a matter of fact, Jessica has a master's from a HEARING college!

Cued Speech... is something that was not fully successful... In Gallaudet University did tried to start the CS program.... it was short lived.... and also in my school VSDB.. they were considering to set it up.... it was not successful..... CS.. is not very popular... I had seen the vidoe... I had hard time to read lips... they kept covering their lips.... What a failfure...

Were u taught CS as a child?

Back